Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 441 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got a stack of DVD's to go through:

Two Brothers: A movie about two tiger cub brothers, separated and their very different experiences...it's great and stars Guy Pierce. Good family fare, check out this hidden gem.

Little Children: From Todd Field, director of In The Bedroom. Was told it was great and has Jennifer Connelly and Kate Winslet...SOLD.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: My dad, grandma, uncles, aunts...all hated it. My friend said he loved it. Then again, my friends taste in films is more trusted by me. What a cast...Pitt, Renner, Affleck (casey), Rockwell, Shepard.

Valkyrie: Saw this advanced screening, been wanting to see it for a while. It's got a great cast; Cruise, Nighy, Kretschmann, Wilkinson, Stamp and Brannagh. Always though this movie was short changed because people love to hate on Tom Cruise.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: My dad, grandma, uncles, aunts...all hated it. My friend said he loved it. Then again, my friends taste in films is more trusted by me. What a cast...Pitt, Renner, Affleck (casey), Rockwell, Shepard.

Valkyrie: Saw this advanced screening, been wanting to see it for a while. It's got a great cast; Cruise, Nighy, Kretschmann, Wilkinson, Stamp and Brannagh. Always though this movie was short changed because people love to hate on Tom Cruise.
    I hated the AOJJBTCHF. The beginning was good, then it started to drag, and drag it did. I loved Renner, always.

Valkyrie I didn't like so much. I'm a huge Cruise fan, still loyal, but I just couldn't get into it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Valkyrie is alright. It doesn't excel at anything, nor is it an award worthy film by any means, but it's entertaining enough.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just a good entertainment movie. Singer knows how to make a good, tense movie. I think the movie would have benefited from an all german speaking cast, but it starting and ending in german was a clever way of saying 'it's all in german...we just have it in english'

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

UP - 9/10

I can't believe I waited this long to see this movie! It was adorable, very sad at parts, and very sweet. It probably helped that I have a soft spot for animals like Kevin and Doug, and that Carl reminded me of my grandpa, but it was really good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved this movie! Have you watched it yet? I can't believe so many people disliked it. It's seriously got some amazing cinematography in it. And it's also got one of my favorite movie scores.

Little Children is also an excellent film. I recommend it if you haven't watched it yet.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw Tropic Thunder. I have to say, I liked it; however, I feel some of the scenes could have been done better. Last night I watched The Taking Of Pelham 123 and I enjoyed it. I freakin' love John Travolta and he's awesome as a villain.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I just saw Tropic Thunder. I have to say, I liked it; however, I feel some of the scenes could have been done better. ...
    Well said. Some people totally hate on it, but it's enough, to me, to say just that it was not the best.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I just saw Tropic Thunder. I have to say, I liked it; however, I feel some of the scenes could have been done better. Last night I watched The Taking Of Pelham 123 and I enjoyed it. I freakin' love John Travolta and he's awesome as a villain.
    I didnt like it at all the first time I saw it. But after watching it again, it got better. For me anyway
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    UP - 9/10

I can't believe I waited this long to see this movie! It was adorable, very sad at parts, and very sweet. It probably helped that I have a soft spot for animals like Kevin and Doug, and that Carl reminded me of my grandpa, but it was really good.
    first half of Up > second half

Tropic Thunder is pretty great.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    UP - 9/10

first half of Up > second half
    Indeed it was. But the first half was so good....it was very hard to beat the emotional, nostalgic scenes with some random plot about an explorer who wanted to capture a bird....

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed it was. But the first half was so good....it was very hard to beat the emotional, nostalgic scenes with some random plot about an explorer who wanted to capture a bird....

Don't forget dogs that can fly bi-planes. Up felt to me as if they made a short film and then decided to tack a children's movie on the end of it.

Enjoyed this movie overall. The movies conclusion was no surprise to me as I'd assumed it would go down such a path from the beginning. All performances were good, Scorcese moulded a perfect mood for this story. I'd no idea Denis Lehane wrote the novel this was based on. considering how much I enjoyed Gone Baby Gone and Mystic River, I should really read some of his books.

8/10

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Scott Pilgrim was pretty cute, will watch again.

I do have low standards though
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched "Panic" on Netflix. Damn good. 8.5 out of 10.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a lazy Sunday watching the Saragossa Manuscript yesterday, and though it's hard to think of much to say, I have to state that it left an imprint in my mind. The cinematography is just beautiful, and I'm a sucker for fantasy. There was always something to demand attention, and though I was close to dropping off after eating the biggest roast dinner the world's ever seen, somehow it managed to keep my eyes peeled and my sleepy mind entranced. An absolutely gorgeous film full of magic - I think it really succeeds in freezing the mysterious little moments of life, and painting a beautiful picture from it. 9/10 .
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoyed this movie overall. The movies conclusion was no surprise to me as I'd assumed it would go down such a path from the beginning. All performances were good, Scorcese moulded a perfect mood for this story. I'd no idea Denis Lehane wrote the novel this was based on. considering how much I enjoyed Gone Baby Gone and Mystic River, I should really read some of his books.

8/10
    Always glad to see appreciation for this film. I feel that many mark points off simply because the end is somewhat predictable, as if how it got to that point didn't matter.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Valhalla Rising

It's about a group of Nordic warriors bound for the Holy Lands. Their ship gets blown off course and they end up on the North American shore. (and I really watered down a big part of the first half) Apparently, the natives don't like the look of them and they begin to hunt them down. (kinda makes you wonder what kind of a world this would be had the native americans reacted this way to everyone else that showed up) Not sure how to rate it. A 7 out of 10 maybe...possibly 8...maybe more depending. Was a very strange (but at the same time, wondrous) movie. It was surreal and gory (which guarantees it at least a 5 on my scale). But I didn't get the feeling that the gore was gratuitous. There was very little dialogue but it wasn't necessary. It was well acted by all involved and much of the story is told in expressions, symbolism, and imagery. The scenery is great...bleak as it might be. All in all, I'd recommend this movie. I will say that the movie sports a very, very Viking moral.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Finally got a chance to see The Kids Are All Right ... and it was outstanding. Giving it a 9/10.

It's got Academy Award nominations written all over it for both Bening and Moore. Bening deserves the win, but likely, they'll cancel each other out in the votes. ( my guess for a win is Natalie Portman ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me

I dont even know how to rate this. We both liked it and were intrigued, and we've been wanting to watch the show for some time now. As with typical David Lynch there were quite a few WTF moments, and we're left with a lot of questions. Gonna have to watch again, maybe after we watch the series

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me

I dont even know how to rate this. We both liked it and were intrigued, and we've been wanting to watch the show for some time now. As with typical David Lynch there were quite a few WTF moments, and we're left with a lot of questions. Gonna have to watch again, maybe after we watch the series
    I'm hoping you'll like Twin Peaks series - it's one of my family's all-time favorites
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

We're having a hard time finding the pilot, cant start without it!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Finally got a chance to see The Kids Are All Right ... and it was outstanding. Giving it a 9/10.

It's got Academy Award nominations written all over it for both Bening and Moore. Bening deserves the win, but likely, they'll cancel each other out in the votes. ( my guess for a win is Natalie Portman ).
    Mark Ruffalo is also in that, right? It looked good but could easily not be good. Glad to hear something positive.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yup. Ruffalo was excellent and honestly, he needed to be to pull this part off. I love his work, and he delivered. I know everyone is shouting about how great Moore and Bening are, but he really holds his own.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Join the club! The first disc of Twin Peaks has been in my Netflix queue for the longest time listed as "very long wait!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Join the club! The first disc of Twin Peaks has been in my Netflix queue for the longest time listed as "very long wait!"
    Twin Peaks is incredibly enjoyable! Do NOT look up any spoilers. The last like 6 episode in the series suck though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 441 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast