Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 441 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a lesson. Not visiting the forum in a week means I'm guaranteed to miss the drama.

I tried watching Knock Off starring Van Damme. I remember watching this movie in theatres when JCVD was on the decline and I thought "hey, this is something I can half-watch while I play video games...it's Rob Schneider when he still had aspirations of being an actor! I think I made it about 35 minutes into this thing and I had to shut it off. That opening scene with the ridiculous boat chase was so cheesy and awful that I thought I was in for a fun time laughing at this bad movie. Boy, was I wrong! I couldn't even half-watch this movie so I had to not-watch this movie. Just terrible, even for a bad movie you want to laugh at.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It sucks when a crappy movie sucks...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember liking Van Damme movies when I was a kid, then one day one of my uncles ruined it for me while I was watching The Order and as JCVD was throwing round house kicks and punches, he said "Ummm, this dude is doing kung fu and they have automatic weapons, why don't they just bleeping shoot his ass?"

That was the beginning of the end for me

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I remember liking Van Damme movies when I was a kid, then one day one of my uncles ruined it for me while I was watching The Order and as JCVD was throwing round house kicks and punches, he said "Ummm, this dude is doing kung fu and they have automatic weapons, why don't they just bleeping shoot his ass?"

That was the beginning of the end for me

You just reminded me of an exchange from a Frasier episode

Frasier : The next time we go to see a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, not only may you pay for the tickets, but also for the wild horses it will take to drag me there.

Martin : Well, I'm only mad because we had an agreement. Now, a man's supposed to honor his agreement, didn't you learn anything from that movie?

Frasier : Yes, only that bullets are useless against a man who can kick really high

Some early 90s jCVD is still good. John Woo's first American film Hard Target is a pretty fun action film. Sudden Death is pretty alright Die Hard clone, and Double Team is a great bad movie. I've been meaning to watch that JCVD movie he did where he plays himself as a hostage in a bank robbery.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Top Gun: Maverick on opening night. Lots of spontaneous applause at key scenes. Loved it. Not as good as the original (the fight scenes were though), but well worth the wait. Nice emotional scene with Ice Man! 8.5/10

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Saw Top Gun: Maverick on opening night. Lots of spontaneous applause at key scenes. Loved it. Not as good as the original (the fight scenes were though), but well worth the wait. Nice emotional scene with Ice Man! 8.5/10
    I’m in the camp that loved this movie too BUT felt it
    Was better than the original.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As an 80s kid, I'm supposed to love the original Top Gun. Unfortunately, I was a little too young and ended up referring to it as a "Kissing Movie" as I got older.

I have gone back and I really appreciate the film, but the 80s kid in me still prefers Iron Eagle. That being said, Top Gun: Maverick is a triumph in every sense of the word. That's how you make a sequel to a beloved film.

Tom Cruise and the producers behind the Mission Impossible films have really found a nice formula for breathing life into these franchises.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took the family to see Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. Admittedly, we were late to this one. My expectations were very low given the poor critical reception. We actually liked it. Mads Mikkelsen was a big part of why - so much better than Johnny Depp in the roll of Grindelwald. Sure it was light on plot, with lots of scene filler, but we still liked it. 7/10

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I’m in the camp that loved this movie too BUT felt it
    Was better than the original.
    Not a surprise - and no, that is not meant to be sarcastic.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Top Gun Maverick was freaking fantastic.

It had everything you could want from a modern blockbuster. Heart, thrills, laughs, tear-jerking moments, style, and a director who keeps honing his craft with each film. And of course, Tom Cruise, who never short changes you as a paying customer. Whatever his personal life may be, when it comes time to the craft he always gives it his all and never takes shortcuts. His energy and passion for his projects is infectious.

It's hard not to also view TGM as a meta commentary on Cruise and action stars of years past. These once seemingly invincible, larger-than-life figures are facing their own mortality as they enter their twilight years, yet they're not going down without a fight and dammit if there's not still one or 2 things they can teach the whipper snappers of the next generation.

A great film that deserves to be seen on the big screen, and it Mach 10'd itself into my favorite film of 2022.

5/5

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Top Gun Maverick was freaking fantastic.

It had everything you could want from a modern blockbuster. Heart, thrills, laughs, tear-jerking moments, style, and a director who keeps honing his craft with each film. And of course, Tom Cruise, who never short changes you as a paying customer. Whatever his personal life may be, when it comes time to the craft he always gives it his all and never takes shortcuts. His energy and passion for his projects is infectious.

It's hard not to also view TGM as a meta commentary on Cruise and action stars of years past. These once seemingly invincible, larger-than-life figures are facing their own mortality as they enter their twilight years, yet they're not going down without a fight and dammit if there's not still one or 2 things they can teach the whipper snappers of the next generation.

A great film that deserves to be seen on the big screen, and it Mach 10'd itself into my favorite film of 2022.

5/5
    THIS.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here, here!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

JP: World Whatver... I thought I seen a member here post about it and HE NAILED IT. What a cheesefest... coming from Top Gun to this was a mega let down
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to say I was a bit too harsh on Bill a few posts back. Although I stand by what I said, I should have privately spoken to him before posting.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went into Jurassic World: Dominion with incredibly low expectations and ended up really enjoying it. It has its flaws, as did Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom (none of which come close to replicating the magic of Jurassic Park), but seeing Grant, Sattler, and Malcolm together again--and on the big screen--was joyful beyond words.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Jurassic World: Dominion. I was impressed with the light yet competent plot, but unimpressed that the little plot we got was so uninteresting. I liked a lot of the action, even though I wanted more dinosaurs mingling with civilization action (like The Lost World). Dodgson was done dirty as an uninteresting and ineffective villain. I say a lot more in my letterboxd review, but I give it a 3/5.

More Thoughts: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...orld-dominion/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jurassic World: Dominion - similar to Ricky, my expectations were low going in, and low and behold, I really liked it. Bringing back the old timers was a great, as were the many wink-wink homages to the original - Barbasol anyone - loved that one. I give this hodgepodge of fun a solid 7.5/10

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Saw the 40th Anniversary of John Carpenter's The Thing. There was one showtime on Sunday and 730 theaters showing it but it still came in at #9 for the overall weekend top ten. Pretty impressive. It still looks great and those effects, I could tell the folks in the audience that hadn't seen it before from their reactions. Ha! Great Movie!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Saw the 40th Anniversary of John Carpenter's The Thing. There was one showtime on Sunday and 730 theaters showing it but it still came in at #9 for the overall weekend top ten. Pretty impressive. It still looks great and those effects, I could tell the folks in the audience that hadn't seen it before from their reactions. Ha! Great Movie!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It is such a fantastic movie. I tend to lean towards this as one of the best if not the best sci-fi horror movie out there. It is always a debatable discussion between this, and Alien.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I apologize in advance but Beavis & Butt-Head Do the Universe is hilarious. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I apologize in advance but Beavis & Butt-Head Do the Universe is hilarious. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
    Dude, it's at %97 on Rotten Tomatoes. Score one for us old timers!

Me and my siblings have a special fondness for B&B from our childhood, so we'll probably pick up some ganja and check this out together.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will be surprised if it doesn't make my Top 35 movies of 2022.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a dream the other night where I helped Beavis and Butthead reconcile with their estranged father. He was very upset that they stole one of his CDs.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I have not read The Black Phone but the movie was good. I do have a question for someone who has read the book and it's a spoiler so warning given.

Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 441 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 ... LastLast