Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 441 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Seconding the nomination for a sports movie tournament. Just the debate about what counts as a sports movie would be fun (does Karate Kid count? Or The Last Boy Scout?)
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We also have to determine what is a sport. According to the Olympic committee, Chess is a sport so are we going to allow Searching for Bobby Fischer's?

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Breakdancing is now an Olympic sport, so you're saying Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo has a chance!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    We also have to determine what is a sport. According to the Olympic committee, Chess is a sport so are we going to allow Searching for Bobby Fischer's?
    The Queens Gambit is basically a 7 hour sports movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Green Knight - Quite possibly the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. I wanted both my time and my money back. Long drawn out boring conversations ad nauseum. Painfully pretentious and an incredibly stupid plot. 0 out of 5 stars.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    As for Matrix 4, initially I felt it was better than 2 and 3. I enjoyed the new story at the beginning but like you said, it lacked the Matrix action aspect of it. Now, after re-watching it, it was unnecessary to make, but I liked the initial story but that was all.
    If you feel like it was unnecessary, have you watched this video? It makes a great case for why it was absolutely necessary:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1252670

And I felt like it lacked the "Matrix action" for a reason. It was specifically an anti-nostalgia sequel, the exact opposite of No Way Home. But most people find nostalgia comforting, which is why everyone loved Spider-Man and didn't love Matrix. Makes me very sad, really, as I enjoyed both and see value in both, for different reasons.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    The Green Knight - Quite possibly the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. I wanted both my time and my money back. Long drawn out boring conversations ad nauseum. Painfully pretentious and an incredibly stupid plot. 0 out of 5 stars.
    I saw it twice

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I saw it twice
    The second time did you accidentally walk into the wrong theater or was it deliberate? If the latter, what was the draw? I thought the viewing experience was a slog. Interested in hearing a different perspective.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    American Underdog. 10/10. Love it. Best sports movie I think I’ve ever seen. Please see this hidden gem.
    Bro, that's impossible. It's better than Rudy? It's better than Field of Dreams? We need a sports movie tournament right now.

As for Matrix Resurrections, I had pretty low expectations, so I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted to like it a lot more. Honestly, my biggest gripe was the action. I thought it was sloppy. I also thought the CGI was pretty average. I don't think there's anything left to the story. What would be more interesting is to see the early days of the machine takeover. We need a prequel that really explores some of that. I'd have to go back and watch the Animatrix, but I feel like those short films explored things of that nature.
    Yep. Loved it better than both those and I liked those a LOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trailer looked like a Paint-By-Numbers sports movie. I also thought they were going to lay on the faith aspect super thick, which will just annoy the piss out of me. You know how many guys prayed their brains out to be an NFL QB and ended shoveling shit?
    Cinderella Man was my all time favourite sports movie until this. I absolutely loved it and so did the other couples we went with. It’s my all time fav. And let’s be honest… they are alll the same… it’s just they make you feel watching them right?

BETTER THAN LITTLE GIANTS?! BLASPHEMY.
    Go see it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    As for Matrix 4, initially I felt it was better than 2 and 3. I enjoyed the new story at the beginning but like you said, it lacked the Matrix action aspect of it. Now, after re-watching it, it was unnecessary to make, but I liked the initial story but that was all.
    If you feel like it was unnecessary, have you watched this video? It makes a great case for why it was absolutely necessary:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1252670

And I felt like it lacked the "Matrix action" for a reason. It was specifically an anti-nostalgia sequel, the exact opposite of No Way Home. But most people find nostalgia comforting, which is why everyone loved Spider-Man and didn't love Matrix. Makes me very sad, really, as I enjoyed both and see value in both, for different reasons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8n8...riticalDrinker

This guy makes more sense to me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    I saw it twice
    The second time did you accidentally walk into the wrong theater or was it deliberate? If the latter, what was the draw? I thought the viewing experience was a slog. Interested in hearing a different perspective.

Oh, I paid for it a second time. Fantastic film.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw it twice

Man we have different tastes. This move was BOORING. I don’t know any of my movie going pals who even liked it. It had so much potential but really fell flat for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed The355 today. Easy to see why this four year old piece of tripe was sent to the January dumping ground. A terribly unoriginal movie that steals (plagiarizes?) every idea, fight scene, and exterior action shot from earlier great movies (Mission Impossible, Ocean's 8, Charlies Angels, Highrise, several Bond movies-the list goes on and on.)

Tedious, predictable, muddled, and almost laughable.

1/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew it was gonna suck from the moment I realized the movie was called The 355

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to see Villeneuve's take on Frank Herbert's sci-fi classic Dune. Dune, and it's initial sequels, have long been favorites of mine. And while I haven't read the novel in a long time, I was struck by how many oh-yeah moments I watching the film. It seems to be a fairly faithful adaptation. I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for Part 2, and I hope that Villeneuve gets to do his planned trilogy, which would mean an adaptation of Dune Messiah. 9/10 for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Finally got to see Villeneuve's take on Frank Herbert's sci-fi classic Dune. Dune, and it's initial sequels, have long been favorites of mine. And while I haven't read the novel in a long time, I was struck by how many oh-yeah moments I watching the film. It seems to be a fairly faithful adaptation. I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for Part 2, and I hope that Villeneuve gets to do his planned trilogy, which would mean an adaptation of Dune Messiah. 9/10 for me.
    I’ve just started Dune and it’s AMAZING. I’ve heard many times that the first book is the only good one. Should I read the others then?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew it was gonna suck from the moment I realized the movie was called The 355

The trailer seemed to be screaming GIRL POWWEERRRRRR at me, but I heard nothing.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it twice

Man we have different tastes. This move was BOORING. I don’t know any of my movie going pals who even liked it. It had so much potential but really fell flat for me.
    I would have told you that Green Knight wasn't for you. It's super artsy and avant-garde. If you've seen Ghost Story, then you'd know what you were in for.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The trailer seemed to be screaming GIRL POWWEERRRRRR at me, but I heard nothing.
    In the trailer, they mention the origins of the organization dates back to the first female spy during the Revolutionary War. They should have made THAT film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I’m all about Girl Power, but that was a bad trailer and a bad-looking movie so I never bothered.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I’ve just started Dune and it’s AMAZING. I’ve heard many times that the first book is the only good one. Should I read the others then?

Absolutely. Personally, I love the first four books, and the fifth is pretty good as well. I kind of fell off after that.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

One Cut of the Dead - 4/5

A pretty solid film that's hard to classify as a film. It's experimental in a b-movie kind of way and has a fun exploration of filmmaking, but ultimately I think it's bogged down by its first third, which is also incredibly necessary for the rest of it works as well as it does.

More on Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...t-of-the-dead/

Country
    Country Flag

American Underdog. 10/10. Love it. Best sports movie I think I’ve ever seen. Please see this hidden gem.
    Bro, that's impossible. It's better than Rudy? It's better than Field of Dreams? We need a sports movie tournament right now.

As for Matrix Resurrections, I had pretty low expectations, so I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted to like it a lot more. Honestly, my biggest gripe was the action. I thought it was sloppy. I also thought the CGI was pretty average. I don't think there's anything left to the story. What would be more interesting is to see the early days of the machine takeover. We need a prequel that really explores some of that. I'd have to go back and watch the Animatrix, but I feel like those short films explored things of that nature.
    Yep. Loved it better than both those and I liked those a LOT!

The trailer looked like a Paint-By-Numbers sports movie. I also thought they were going to lay on the faith aspect super thick, which will just annoy the piss out of me. You know how many guys prayed their brains out to be an NFL QB and ended shoveling shit?
    98% audience on RT. I was just talking to a friend that said the same. It’s his favourite sports film of all time. So, I looked up every movie here mentioned by members. Not a single one was close to the 98% score. I think the closest one….. was 91%. Not that this Should mean it’s the hands down best BUT I find we always choose the older films as the “best” because we were more impressionable then or maybe Nostalgia plays a part? I don’t know but after thinking on this again and the discussion with my movie pal… I’ll re-affirm this is my favourite sports movie ever.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

High and Low - Truly a great film and one I don't think I'll ever get sick of appreciating...which is high praise considering I just watched it for the first time. 5/5

More on letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/high-and-low/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 441 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 ... LastLast