Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 441 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Waters was fantastic. I really loved Mark Ruffalo in that. That one kind of got lost in the shuffle of 2019 films last year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Promising Young Woman. Has anyone seen this?!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to (but am not willing to go to the theater just yet)!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What a HIDDEN gem. I freakin loves this movie. 8.5/10 for me. Really high up there. This is filmed and done in such a way that has you just sitting on the edge of the seat. Amazing!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What a HIDDEN gem. I freakin loves this movie. 8.5/10 for me. Really high up there. This is filmed and done in such a way that has you just sitting on the edge of the seat. Amazing!

LOVED it! My #4 film of the year.

Promising Young Woman

Carey Mulligan might just be the most underappreciated actress working today. If you can find another one, let me know. I will wait here. She continues to pump out quality work in films that nobody really talks about. Films like Wildlife, Mudbound, Suffragette and Shame come to mind.

In Promising Young Woman she literally commands your attention as Cassie, a woman looking to get even at men who prey on women. It becomes clear early on that her motivations for her actions are very personal in nature.

Promising Young Woman is a very different kind of revenge film and if you saw the trailer, you might be expecting something completely different. In short, this is not Kill Bill, so don’t go in expecting some kind of killing spree. Cassie’s way too clever for that. The film does a great job of showing how a traumatic event can literally consume someone’s life.

The end of the film is sure to polarize many people, but I thought it was deliciously perfect.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

LOVED it! My #4 film of the year.

Promising Young Woman

Carey Mulligan might just be the most underappreciated actress working today. If you can find another one, let me know. I will wait here. She continues to pump out quality work in films that nobody really talks about. Films like Wildlife, Mudbound, Suffragette and Shame come to mind.

In Promising Young Woman she literally commands your attention as Cassie, a woman looking to get even at men who prey on women. It becomes clear early on that her motivations for her actions are very personal in nature.

Promising Young Woman is a very different kind of revenge film and if you saw the trailer, you might be expecting something completely different. In short, this is not Kill Bill, so don’t go in expecting some kind of killing spree. Cassie’s way too clever for that. The film does a great job of showing how a traumatic event can literally consume someone’s life.

The end of the film is sure to polarize many people, but I thought it was deliciously perfect.
    I’m trying to think of a better film this year. She is great by the way. Huge fan!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see it, but the nearest showing is at a Drive-In theater 50 miles away.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'd like to see it, but the nearest showing is at a Drive-In theater 50 miles away.
    RF it is THAT good. I was on the edge of my seat RIGHT till 'fade to black'. Since I seen this in 2021... it is at the top of the list AND a hard one to beat in my mind.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Tenet and I'd give it 3/5. Some decent set pieces but it's Nolan trying to be "smart" again. It wasn't hard to follow after I learned the rules Nolan established and pretty much knew who was inverted very early on and the twist wasn't much of one as that was hinted at too much to really be a twist. It was better than Interstellar and on par with Inception. I still think Nolan hit his peak with The Dark Knight but I'm sure he's got a few more pictures in him and he might still surprise me.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Tenet was pretty messy. Agreed that TDK is still his best film, with Inception being a close second. Like I've mentioned before though, we have to applaud his willingness to give us original blockbusters.

I'm of the mind that he should take a break from mind/time-bending high concept and do something a little more intimate. Idk if his mind works like that tho lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah, Tenet was pretty messy. Agreed that TDK is still his best film, with Inception being a close second. Like I've mentioned before though, we have to applaud his willingness to give us original blockbusters.

I'm of the mind that he should take a break from mind/time-bending high concept and do something a little more intimate. Idk if his mind works like that tho lol.
    I liked Tenet a LOT more than 3/5... But can understand that score from some. TDK is his best... I agree. I think he is a breath of fresh air though. I am a fan of every film he has done though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with the 3/5. I have seen better and I have seen worse. I will continue to see his movies as I know that they seem not to disappoint.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw this film with Charlize Theron called "The Old Guard". Think "Highlander/Seal Team" and you get the premise. These immortals go on high level high risk missions to save the world for centuries. Now there's new member born into the fraternity and a meglo-maniacal Pharma CEO who has discovered their secret and wants to "help all of humanity" by studying their blood and developing anti-aging medicines'

Pretty good film with loads of action. Martial arts and sword fighting abound. I thought it a pretty entertaining watch and give it a 3.5 beers out of 5 on the old RF Movie rating system. Give it a shot, it's worth the time IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch it twice. It's shockingly not messy. The film should not be judged on one viewing.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch it twice. It's shockingly not messy. The film should not be judged on one viewing.
    I didn't think it was messy. I just thought a lot of the reveals were fairly obvious if you understood the rules Nolan established. I was entertained but like other Nolan flicks...Interstellar, The Prestige, Inception...not entertained enough that I need to watch them again.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, I love how you guys are defending a movie like, "it's not messy" and "watch it twice, you'll get it" where a line of dialogue in said movie literally says, "Don't try to understand it."

You remind me of the people who say they fully understand what's going on in Mulholland Drive. Allow me to let you in on a little secret, not even the David Lynch knows what's going on.

Tenet and Mulholland Drive are both enjoyable movies with great scenes and characters, but that's about it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And The Prestige was his best movie.

love that movie, lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    lol, I love how you guys are defending a movie like, "it's not messy" and "watch it twice, you'll get it" where a line of dialogue in said movie literally says, "Don't try to understand it."

You remind me of the people who say they fully understand what's going on in Mulholland Drive. Allow me to let you in on a little secret, not even the David Lynch knows what's going on.

Tenet and Mulholland Drive are both enjoyable movies with great scenes and characters, but that's about it.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

And The Prestige was his best movie.

love that movie, lol
    I loved it. The dark element of the lengths people will go to one up each other as rivals and hurt one another. The journey one takes to destroy another for fame. The hubris to win at all costs to be the best. The lies people will go through to be on top. The horrors of humanity and the steps they take to achieve their goals. Throw in great actors, and Nolan and the cast out performed with a supernatural element coming out of nowhere. Might watch it again tonight!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Dark Waters was fantastic. I really loved Mark Ruffalo in that. That one kind of got lost in the shuffle of 2019 films last year.
    I was pushing for people to watch this. I have loved Ruffalo for awhile now. It was very detailed orientated and it kills me with the lengths big companies will go to make money at the expensive of lives of all spectrums and the destruction of the planet for the almighty dollar. A must watch.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So we rewatched Pee Wee's Big Adventure last night. I haven't seen this one since I was young, loved it then, and wasn't sure if I would enjoy it as much now. But I was wrong, that film was hilarious, much more so than I remembered. Also I knew that Elvira and Phil Hartman were both friends with him, but had no clue they both had cameos in the film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on board with The Prestige love!

And yeah, Mulholland Drive was not very...understandable.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So you're saying it's impossible to find more enjoyment and understanding the second time you watch a film?

Tenet is easy to understand on the surface, and that's how it should be watched. People who are going to try to scientifically solve every aspect of the film are going to probably not like it as much. I just found it to be a really fun, original, Sci-fi action film. We don't get many of those.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pieces of a Woman

Pieces of a Woman tells the story of Martha, played wonderfully by Vanessa Kirby (The Crown, Mission Impossible: Fallout) and her partner, played by Shia LaBeouf, as a young couple who have chosen to have a home birth. When the home birth turns to tragedy, the couple must deal with the impact it has on their relationship.

The film features one of the more excruciating opening sequences I've ever seen in a film. The labor is such a realistic depiction of childbirth that I actually felt like I was intruding. What enhances the scene even more is the fact that it's shot in one take.

As you can tell from the subject matter, Pieces of a Woman is not an easy watch, but it's one of the best films of the year. The film is a powerful look at how tragedy can cause a relationship to spiral out of control.

Vanessa Kirby is the real star here and gives one of the best performances of the year. Her portrayal of a woman coming to terms with the death of her child is truly heart-breaking.

Pieces of a Woman is one of the best films of 2020, but be warned, it's a very difficult watch.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen several David Lynch films, and Mulholland Dr., to me, is one of his most straightforward to understand, comparatively speaking. It's in my top 10 of all time and my "desert island" movie. That is, if I was stuck on a desert island with a magical way to watch just one movie for the rest of my life, it would be Mulholland Dr. There are so many layers and I get something new out of it every time I've watched it (well over 10 times). Sure, it took me several viewings to piece it all together, and realizing that some scenes were part of a failed TV pilot inserted into a movie with a different main narrative also helped. But ultimately, it's a movie about a failed starlet wannabe and how her reality and her fantasy can't reconcile.

The scene where the Naomi Watts character auditions for the movie is one of my favorite scenes of all time, in any film. What makes it even more powerful is the previous scene where you get a hint of the ridiculous dialogue and you assume how you expect the audition to play out, but then--WOW. There are no words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 441 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 ... LastLast