Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 441 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Vertigo - A pretty great film. Was never sure which direction the plot was going. Ending was incredible. 9/10
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Vertigo - A pretty great film. Was never sure which direction the plot was going. Ending was incredible. 9/10
    You must have watched a different version, the Vertigo I saw is missing the ending

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow 1,5/10

What a piece of... I mean I didn't like it much.
    Any fans out there?
    Ha! Letti! This made me laugh.

I actually thought it was okay. And I mean, just okay. I think I would have given it a 5/10 though. I thought, for once, Gwyneth Paltrow was allowed to be funny and charming and found her comedic timing just excellent. Also, well, you all know that I like Angelina Jolie... so there!

Mostly, I liked the production values, the sets, the acting was pretty good but the script sucked.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay so I just watched Lost Boys: The Thirst and I have to say not as bad as I thought it would be. Not an amazing movie but still pretty damn good considering the second was such a piece of shit of a movie. Corey Feldman was actually good in it. great to see both of the Frog Brothers again and I like how they poked fun at the Twilight Series alot. Nostalgia watching this movie even if it was very cheesy. 7/10
    If you love me then love me..

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

How To Train Your Dragon - 9/10

I absolutely loved this movie. I love dragons and anything Norse related, and I loved all the different types of dragons they showed (felt like looking through the D&D Monster Manual). The story wasn't exactly ground breaking for a kid's movie, but was fantastic none the less, and for me the sheer awesomeness of the animation, characters, and dragons made up for anything it lacked in that department. It also had that old fashioned, fairy tale-esque feel that a lot of animated films don't have anymore, in my opinion. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in forever.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    How To Train Your Dragon - 9/10

I absolutely loved this movie. I love dragons and anything Norse related, and I loved all the different types of dragons they showed (felt like looking through the D&D Monster Manual). The story wasn't exactly ground breaking for a kid's movie, but was fantastic none the less, and for me the sheer awesomeness of the animation, characters, and dragons made up for anything it lacked in that department. It also had that old fashioned, fairy tale-esque feel that a lot of animated films don't have anymore, in my opinion. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in forever.
    This has nothing to do with movies. I'm just making note that the fact that you know what a D&D Monster Manual is makes me like you all the more.

I still haven't gotten around to watching How to Train Your Dragon, but Craig Ferguson is in it, so I will almost certainly enjoy it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Pi - A very strange style I really enjoyed. My friend said it seemed really Polanski like. A somewhat confusing movie where you're left wondering where sanity ends and insanity begins. Very interesting movie I'll have to watch again.

8/10

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Pi - A very strange style I really enjoyed. My friend said it seemed really Polanski like. A somewhat confusing movie where you're left wondering where sanity ends and insanity begins. Very interesting movie I'll have to watch again.

8/10
    I LOVE that movie. I can only watch it when I am really in a mood to pay super close attention to a movie, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pi - A very strange style I really enjoyed. My friend said it seemed really Polanski like.
    yes, I've read that it was much influenced by Repulsion. Sounds like I got to watch it at last.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh Jean, you definitely should. It's a great film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

downloading it right now

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

8/10
    I loved Pi. Loved it. It's a great example of what a true independent film can be.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching Yojimbo with a friend in the next week or two....I'm thinkin I'll get some Kubrick out and watch either Dr. Strangelove or Paths of Glory.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pi is an amazing film, anything that Aronofsky does is great really.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    This has nothing to do with movies. I'm just making note that the fact that you know what a D&D Monster Manual is makes me like you all the more.

I still haven't gotten around to watching How to Train Your Dragon, but Craig Ferguson is in it, so I will almost certainly enjoy it.
    I still love looking through the Monster Manual. Mind Flayers = terrifying. Nymphs = uncomfortably attractive. And you should definitely watch HTTYD. Freaking awesome.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Winter's Bone 7.5/10

Winter's Bone is a bleak and gloomy glimpse at a part of America that is rarely seen. The cinematography really stands out. The Missouri countryside is captured beautifully and the conditions in which the characters live really feels authentic.

There are also some very strong acting performances by relative unknowns, mainly Jennifer Lawrence, who is sure to nab an Oscar nod. Lawrence really gives a powerful performance as Ree Dolly, a 17 year old looking for her father in order to save the family house from being taken away.

You can feel the pressure and stress that she is burdened with. She must take care of a sick mother and her two siblings. Ree does all this with little or no money. When her father puts the house and land up for bail and then skips out, you can feel the determination and desperation Ree has in every scene as she sets out on her journey to find him.

Winter's Bone is a slow, deliberate film. The pacing might turn a lot of people off, but that's not where the film falters for me.

Where it misses for me is the story and the plotting. Just when the story seems like it's going to take an interesting turn, it stops short. In the end, the final payoff is not enough. It's possible that my expectations where too high, and that's why it didn't live up to the hype for me.

Winter's Bone is still definitely worth a rental. It’s an interesting character study of teenage girl forced to become an adult and provide for her family. In many ways Winter’s Bone feels like it takes place in another country. It’s hard to believe so many people live so close to the poverty line in our own country.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

500 Days of Summer: What a great, great movie. It's so wholesome and real. They show how relationships work in hindsight, where our memories of a person are nothing more than glimpses or odd happenings or painful or soothing moments. When you take a step back it's all a mosaic and all of these memories make up that person for you, but that picture is only yours. Great acting, music, everything

9/10

Traveler the dalinean is on a distinguished road

Not quite the most recent movie I saw, but "Inception" had maybe several of the most interesting visual moments that I've seen so far this year.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by the dalinean View Post
    Not quite the most recent movie I saw, but "Inception" had maybe several of the most interesting visual moments that I've seen so far this year.
    I couldn't agree more. I'm looking forward to the Blu-ray release. Unfortunately, they are only releasing the special edition briefcase edition in England.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lord of the Flies (1960) - 7/10

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

8/10
    Pi is one of my favourites.

I recently (and FINALLY) got around to watching Being John Malkovich.
    I have no idea why it took me so long, but it was definitely worth the wait. I was blown away completely - painfully close to perfection, and just downright odd. Definitely my kind of film! 9/10
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

MALKOVIIIIIICCCHHHH!!!!!

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno if this is the latest fim I watched, regardless of whether i've watched before, or the last new film I watched. In either case.

Last film : I Love You Man: 8.5/10, I love Jason Segel and I love this film, I laugh everytime

Last new film@ Paranormal activity 2: 4/10. Boring until the end, a bit jumpy.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Unfortunately, they are only releasing the special edition briefcase edition in England.
    Tell me about it! I really, really, wanted that to be released in the US, too. Instead, I'll be forced to get the plain DVD without any awesome special features or slipcase. I guess the marketing department forgot that not everyone owns a Blu-Ray player.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 441 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast