Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Hybrid View

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I never, unless I know it's a movie I have no intention of seeing, watch the trailers. In fact, I deliberately came about 15 minutes late for HEIST, used the restroom even though I didn't have to, and STILL had to sit through 4 of them. And I never judge a movie by the trailer anyway (way back when I used to watch them). When I rent movies, I'll sometimes watch the trailers on them, if they are from movies I've never heard of. Some of them are so good I rent the movie, then find it's extremely disappointing. And some horrible trailers have great movies. I've said this before, but I'm irritated at the way everything is known about, whether books or movies, to such an extent there are absolutely no surprises when one finally gets to seeing or reading them. I like to go in fresh, and make up my own mind about the product without having already pre-judged and either decided I like it or hate it beforehand.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it - unless I change my mind of course.

I remember back when I used to work for a living I was talking to a guy up in the building's office, and said I was going to go see WAR OF THE ROSES the next day. He said, "Ah, they both die in the end." It's been 29 years and I still haven't forgiven him.
    Forget the trailer. I read the premise and I knew it was going to be a turd. That and the fact it features a C level cast, which might be too kind. Then you look at the director Rob Cohen and realize he pretty much has made a career out of making terrible films like Stealth, Daylight, xXx, Alex Cross and probably more I'm forgetting and this one turned into a really easy pass for me.

A film like this will make millions and Annihilation is already out of most theaters. That's all you need to know about the mainstream audience right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

A film like this will make millions and Annihilation is already out of most theaters. That's all you need to know about the mainstream audience right now.
    The mainstream audience just keeps getting worse and worse. Though, as a silver lining, there has been a growing base of support for most smaller films. It's still not big, but a large base supporting small films would at least keep that market going.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread