Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 441 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed The Good Liar as well, but I thought the reveal of the
    Spoiler:
    Germany flashback came out of left field and didn't really fit with the rest of the movie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Spoiler:
    Germany flashback came out of left field and didn't really fit with the rest of the movie.
    Not that I saw that coming, but

Spoiler:
    since we already knew Roy had lots of secrets, and Betty seemed like she should be smart enough to avoid his con, it made perfect sense that there was a significant and revelatory layer we weren't shown until later - I thought it fit perfectly.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Caught a couple of decent one's on Amazon Prime. The first was: Line of Duty I give it a 3.5-4 out of 5 depending on whether you like these kinds of flicks. Lotsa action crime film stars Aaron Eckhart. The film also incorporates current internet/media/tech reporting angle that gives it a nice twist.

Second one I found is a sort of mini-series with a little different angle on drug trafficking titled "ZeroZeroZero" starring, Gabriel Byrne of "Usual Suspects" fame. The film looks at the trade from primarily the wholesale angle of international shipment and has some nice twists. I gave it a 3 out of 5 though it has much better production values than "Narco's" IMO. I enjoyed it though I think I've pretty much had my limit on Drug trafficking films/statements.

Both are worth a look and a shitload of popcorn!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Spoiler:
    Not that I saw that coming, but

Spoiler:
    since we already knew Roy had lots of secrets, and Betty seemed like she should be smart enough to avoid his con, it made perfect sense that there was a significant and revelatory layer we weren't shown until later - I thought it fit perfectly.
    Spoiler:
    I agree about a 3rd act revelation coming, I just wasn't it expecting it to be that. But yes, early on I had considered the possibility that Betty was playing Roy, but I didn't know why or how until the big reveal.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Crawl was Tarantino's favourite movie of last year.
    How on earth was that his favorite movie of the year?!
    In some ways, that doesn't surprise me. Tarantino certainly has some interesting taste in movies. I think what he's very good at doing is taking all the things that directly appeal to him from such a wide range of genres and presenting all of it to us in a new and distinctive way.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Wrong Missy. I don’t care what anyone says... I laughed far to much at this flick. Haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actively stay away from anything Adam Sandler and his little lackeys are creatively overseeing. Is he still doing dick and fart jokes?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I actively stay away from anything Adam Sandler and his little lackeys are creatively overseeing. Is he still doing dick and fart jokes?
    Sandler? He isn’t in this ...

It’s funny. Really is. Give it a go. Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't he produce it under his Happy Madison company? We all know what we're getting when we see that logo pop up lol.

It's tempting but, at 36% RT score... I'll just have to pass

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't he produce it under his Happy Madison company? We all know what we're getting when we see that logo pop up lol.

It’s mindless fun. Let me put it this way... other than Sandlers Oscar contender movie... I haven’t liked a single thing he has done in YEARS. This was funny. And we laughed... a lot. Watch the first 15 mins. See if you laugh to might be surprised my friend
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I understand the trepidation around Sandler's comedy, but I really was pleasantly surprised by Murder Mystery last summer. I laughed a lot.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    As for the ending to Triangle
    Spoiler:
    She talks about her autistic son early on in the movie about how everything always has be done in the same way, every day, or he flips out. We end up seeing that she abuses him and treats him like garbage because she just can't deal with him anymore. Much like the myth of Sisyphus that they reference in the film, who has to roll the boulder up the hill only for it to roll back down again, over and over, she too is in a similar hell. In her hell, she is experiencing what it is like to be her son, where everything has to be done the same way over and over again, and just when she's learned her lesson, or about to, she's forced to do it all over again.
    Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I watched Triangle last night, based on the comments in this thread. I liked it okay, but not as much as y'all I guess. One thing I picked up on right away, and have not seen mentioned here, is that

Spoiler:
    Jess' house address is 237. The room # of the cabin on the liner where the bloody mirror and some stabbings take place is also 237.
    wow. Never noticed it (watched twice)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Days of Heaven

Bears are still under impression, still feeling uneasy, still distressed. Wow.

I wasn’t very hopeful after I read the description. I suspected it would be very American and very… magnificent, if you see what I mean. I’d seen dozens of those, some of them superclassic: with the fields, golden wheat, green pastures, from sea to shining sea, and ponderous self-importance sprouting from the very impeccable harmony the director contrived to create in every frame. As if, you know, the earth itself breathes the glorious history, and may my American friends forgive me, all that epic grandeur is as a rule rather annoying. That’s what I kinda expected.

Fat chance.

True, every frame is more perfect than perfection itself. And at the same time every one is – hard to find the right word – as if marred by a jarring personal note, as if a worm of destiny is eating this ideal apple from inside. What you see is never a centerpiece, it is never balanced, never propped by anything logical around it: it is always random, always gone way too fast, and scratching you with its sharp edge while going. As if everything is caught in the process of falling, just one moment because it hits some unspeakable bottom and smashes to smithereens – for ever.

This feeling of alarm, of doom is very personal, as any story of death should be. Everything about this film is about its rhythm; not full, free breathing, but a labored, intermittent gasping of a dying man. It’s the uneven heartbeat of guilty conscience, of what is wrong and never can be put right. Nothing sits firmly on its bottom; everything slides down to hell.

This movie does not have a good story (allusions aside) or a good dialog; neither does it need those. I personally prefer the films which do need – and have - story and dialog, but this is because my type of cinema is cinema-prose, and this is cinema-poetry. One does not expect a sculptor to set his oeuvres to music, or a composer to photograph his symphonies. And, although it is not my type of film, this particular movie will stay with me forever as one of my favorites.

Thank you kingfan2323, and many bearhugs.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Days of Heaven

I wasn’t very hopeful after I read the description. I suspected it would be very American and very… magnificent, if you see what I mean. I’d seen dozens of those, some of them superclassic: with the fields, golden wheat, green pastures, from sea to shining sea, and ponderous self-importance sprouting from the very impeccable harmony the director contrived to create in every frame. As if, you know, the earth itself breathes the glorious history, and may my American friends forgive me, all that epic grandeur is as a rule rather annoying. That’s what I kinda expected.

Fat chance.

True, every frame is more perfect than perfection itself. And at the same time every one is – hard to find the right word – as if marred by a jarring personal note, as if a worm of destiny is eating this ideal apple from inside. What you see is never a centerpiece, it is never balanced, never propped by anything logical around it: it is always random, always gone way too fast, and scratching you with its sharp edge while going. As if everything is caught in the process of falling, just one moment because it hits some unspeakable bottom and smashes to smithereens – for ever.

This feeling of alarm, of doom is very personal, as any story of death should be. Everything about this film is about its rhythm; not full, free breathing, but a labored, intermittent gasping of a dying man. It’s the uneven heartbeat of guilty conscience, of what is wrong and never can be put right. Nothing sits firmly on its bottom; everything slides down to hell.

This movie does not have a good story (allusions aside) or a good dialog; neither does it need those. I personally prefer the films which do need – and have - story and dialog, but this is because my type of cinema is cinema-prose, and this is cinema-poetry. One does not expect a sculptor to set his oeuvres to music, or a composer to photograph his symphonies. And, although it is not my type of film, this particular movie will stay with me forever as one of my favorites.

Awww. . . A bear hug? Cannot beat that. The best is yet to come. Enjoy the journey. His 10th and newest film, A Hidden Life, is out on Blu Ray now.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It’s mindless fun. Let me put it this way... other than Sandlers Oscar contender movie... I haven’t liked a single thing he has done in YEARS. This was funny. And we laughed... a lot. Watch the first 15 mins. See if you laugh to might be surprised my friend
    Okay Webs, for you I'll give it a shot I'll scope out the first 20 minutes later today during my lunch break.

Country
    Country Flag

We Have to Talk About Kevin... holy hell I could not stop this movie and had to hit the sac... BUT will finish it before bed this evening. SO unsettling!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Days of Heaven

Fat chance.

The power of Terrence Malick! Truly one of a kind director. I haven't seen this film for at least 10 years. You've inspired me to go back and revisit it.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I've heard it's the most competent thing he's produced under Netflix. It's not perfect, but the few reviews i've read said it offered some laughs and didn't feel insulted as you watched it. I imagine Jennifer Aniston wouldn't sign on to do anything abjectly awful...even Just Go With It was a decent Adam Sandler comedy and they do have a natural chemistry on screen.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed it last night and I agree. It was mindless fun, and a welcome relief in these trying times to laugh out loud. Thanks for the tip.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Viewed it last night and I agree. It was mindless fun, and a welcome relief in these trying times to laugh out loud. Thanks for the tip.
    I think she has some comedic fire to her. I loved her comedy.. hope to see more of her Glad you had a laugh. I agree.. it was nice!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AMEN!!! The guy had the one fairly decent film (Happy Gilmore) and IMO has had a series of bombs since. I'm sure many will disagree, but I feel the same way about, Will Ferrell movies. As long as we're at it how the fuck does, M Night Shamyalan (however the hell you spell it) keep getting funded. He had "Sixth Sense" and has since had more bomb's than were dropped on Dresden. "I see Movie Flops"!!! LOL

Just for the record this is simply my opinion. I just don't see the attraction for these guys. Obviously, I'm in a minority as they are all rich as hell!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I'll add The Wrong Missy to my list as well. I'm always down for a comedy.

Watched Fantasy Island last night. It wasn't bad, but it was too long and there was just so much stuff going on it was like 4 different competing movies in one. Like a lot of the reviews say, there's a good movie hidden in there somewhere.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wrong Missy is so wrong......you have to laugh. Lauren Lapkus makes the movie work and she herself is worth it. Stupid, silly, fun and predictable. Makes you laugh out loud
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Is it a "clean" comedy, as in not relying on sex and language for its humor?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. No, she has a sailor's mouth. Her unfiltered mouth is humor in itself.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 441 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 ... LastLast