Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 441 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The Town -

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz / 10

Did you not like it?!
    Put it this way, I can't remember the last time I wanted a movie to end so badly. Jeremy Renner was the films only saving grace, delivering a sinister yet compelling performance, but even his beacon of light couldn't shine through the abyss of Ben Affleck's monotonous, wooden "acting" and an extremely by the numbers script. It was just ... blah.
    We usually agree on a lot of films, Feev, but I think you are off on this one. It's easily one of the best films of the year.

I know people love to hate on Affleck, but his performance here was solid. Is it a paint by numbers heist film? Maybe, but what's wrong with that if you do it well and The Town did it very well? Some of the action scenes had me on the edge of my seat and the final heist is right up there with Heat.

I think you might need to watch this one again at some point.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Tron: Legacy 8/10. It was good, and refreshing to see some visual updates. The 3D was alright but nothing special. The story line was alright. there is one CGI thing with this movie that reminded me of watching Beowulf. Now I have to go watch the original again.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Shutter Island last night and I loved it.
    20/10
    I loved that it had alot of twist in it and I can honestly say I never saw the end coming. That surprised me. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

True Grit - 7/10

Not the best Coen film, but still highly enjoyable.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'd rather watch grass grow or paint dry then willingly submit myself to Affleck's torturous acting and spoon fed Boston "accent". Seriously.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To each his own. Some people just cannot get past their hatred for an actor. I don't get it.

Go watch Good Will Hunting and come back here and tell me Affleck can't act. I dare you.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

To each his own. Some people just cannot get past their hatred for an actor. I don't get it.
    I could very easily turn that around and say that some people can't get past their exuberant love for an actor to see his flaws

And that's just the thing, I don't hate Affleck. He was my favorite part of Dogma. I even loved him in Daredevil for God's sake. But here, in this film, he was horrible, plain and simple.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Falling Down

4 out of 5 stars. Depressed me so I had to neg it a star.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Falling Down

4 out of 5 stars. Depressed me so I had to neg it a star.
    Great movie! I loved it, but you are right it is a touch on the depressing side.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually give movies extra stars for depressing realism. Especially Falling Down. A real cult classic.

...Affleck's ... spoon fed Boston "accent". ...
    This, I do not understand. What was the problem with his accent? You'd think it'd come naturally.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You'd think so, wouldn't you ? It doesn't unfortunately. He over delivers it, feels forced. Watch the film and you'll see what I mean.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Legion
    4 out of 5 stars

A little confusing and a little bit draggy... but I liked the concepts.
    I can't wait to rewatch this movie! LOVES it!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could very easily turn that around and say that some people can't get past their exuberant love for an actor to see his flaws

And that's just the thing, I don't hate Affleck. He was my favorite part of Dogma. I even loved him in Daredevil for God's sake. But here, in this film, he was horrible, plain and simple.
    I actually don't love Affleck, I just don't see why people give him such a hard time. I do love Matt Damon though. He's my favorite actor.

I guess I will just have to disagree with you on The Town and Ben's performance, along with most other critics I might add.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Swan 9.5/10

Black Swan is the biggest case of life imitating art in the history of cinema. Natalie Portman gives a haunting performance as a ballerina that is literally uncomfortable in her own body to the point where she claws and scratches at her own skin.

Portman plays Nina Sayers, a ballerina going out for the pivotal role in the play Swan Lake. The director, played by Vincent Cassel, is convinced that she can play White Swan perfectly. He’s just not convinced she can play White Swan’s evil twin, Black Swan.

In order to find the Black Swan in herself, she must become a different person. She must let go of her safe life and unlock a darker, more uninhibited side of her personality. This seems like an impossible task considering Nina lives with her mother (Barbara Hershey) in a small New York apartment. Her child-like demeanor and naiveté is evidenced by her bedroom, with the butterfly wallpaper and polka-dot bed sheets. In order to get even a second of privacy, Nina barricades herself in the bathroom and her bedroom.

When the films starts, Nina is already a very fragile person. What makes things worse is that everybody in her life helps push her to the edge of madness. Her ballet-obsessed mother, who gives new meaning to the overbearing stage mom; her director, who seems to be attracted to her, but whether it’s genuine or some sick game to get her to unleash her inner Black Swan is unclear; and hen there’s Lilly, played by Mila Kunis in a career-defining performance.

Kunis plays Lilly, a fellow member of the dance company, who may or may not be out to sabotage Nina and her dream of being the perfect White and Black Swan. Nina’s quest for perfection sends her into a tailspin of paranoid delusions and psychotic hallucinations. Lilly is the main reason for Nina’s paranoia. She is almost the spitting image of Nina, except she is everything Nina needs to be in order to nail the part of Black Swan. She’s laid back, free spirited and, most of all, she exudes sexuality.

Black Swan boasts one of the better musical scores you will find in a film all year. The heart pounding orchestral numbers will have you on the edge of your seat - especially in the last 30 minutes of the film.

With Black Swan, Darren Aronofsky has woven a taut, psychological thriller like nothing I’ve ever seen. It deals with the physical and emotional tolls that being a professional dancer can have on a person. It also shows how a person can literally destroy themselves in the quest for perfection.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Your review is taunting me. I haven't gotten to see it yet.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed Black Swan, Mike. It truly is an incredible film. I'm actually going to take my sister to watch it again tonight

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather watch grass grow or paint dry then willingly submit myself to Affleck's torturous acting and spoon fed Boston "accent". Seriously.
    Affleck isn't that bad. And I've enjoyed his directing abilities so far. I really enjoyed his cameo in Boiler Room. Heavily inspired by Alec Baldwin in Glengary Glenross. I could easily deal with Affleck in a leading role if the supporting cast is as good as The Towns was.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually don't love Affleck, I just don't see why people give him such a hard time.
    Y'know, I don't get that either. I'm not saying the guy is the best actor out there but he's better than most.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This makes me sad. I wasn't overly thrilled with his acting in this one either, but it didn't stop me from loving the film Also I think he's excellent behind the camera, and I hope he makes many more films.

I can't remember, have you seen Gone Baby Gone Feev? And if so did you like it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got done watching The Unthinkable really good movie about terrorism bombs torture all good things.
    I give it a 10/10
    Samuel L Jackson has the crazy guy thing down pack

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, but I've read good things ! Well ... mostly from you and Mike Is it worth getting on netflix ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nope, but I've read good things ! Well ... mostly from you and Mike Is it worth getting on netflix ?
    Yes, definitely! I think you'll like it a lot more than The Town.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gone Baby Gone was pretty good throughout, but I HATED how it ended!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Gone Baby Gone was pretty good throughout, but I HATED how it ended!
    Same here.

One time watcher because of said ending
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, definitely! I think you'll like it a lot more than The Town.
    And Affleck's duties are exclusive to behind the camera, right ? No Boston accents to be found ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 441 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast