Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 416 of 441 FirstFirst ... 316 366 406 414 415 416 417 418 426 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I, ashamedly, have not seen Dune yet because my girl is out of town until the weekend and forbade me from watching it without her

Rest assured though, the minute she's back we'll be catching it. Shit imma tell her to just be ready to go as soon as I pick her up from the airport LOL
    That's love. I hope she understands how big of a sacrifice this is.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was tempted to secretly watch it last night on HBO Max, then just act super surprised at all the twists when we watch it in theaters.

"Omg! I did not see that coming! Totally shocked! ...what do you mean why am I sweating profusely?"

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Watched the new Mortal Kombat the other night. It was not good.

The original two from the 90s set a really low bar. This one just barely cleared that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The internet, for what that is worth, stated it cost at least 165 million to make Dune. I'm not sure how much it cost to promote, but won't there be part two? I heard in an interview from someone that Denis V was hinting there will be a second film. Fingers crossed!
    Dune part 2 was announced
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If he wasn't already considered one of the best filmmakers today, Edgar Wright has officially solidified that status with Last Night in Soho.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Last Night in Soho: 4/5. This was a very stylish and visually creative film that worked on just about every level for me, even if the mystery narrative doesn't quite land for me everything around it is so well done I'm not that bothered by it. I had the same experience with Knives Out where the mystery narrative was fine, but the characters, the performances, the filmmaking, the set design, the photography, made up for any narrative deficiencies for me. Great performances why two thirds of what is quickly becoming my favourite actress trio: people who know me will know who that third actress is!

Full Review on Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...night-in-soho/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Last Night in Soho: 4/5. This was a very stylish and visually creative film that worked on just about every level for me, even if the mystery narrative doesn't quite land for me everything around it is so well done I'm not that bothered by it. I had the same experience with Knives Out where the mystery narrative was fine, but the characters, the performances, the filmmaking, the set design, the photography, made up for any narrative deficiencies for me. Great performances why two thirds of what is quickly becoming my favourite actress trio: people who know me will know who that third actress is!

Full Review on Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...night-in-soho/
    Mia says hi.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to give Dune a 4/5. The last act really dragged...was likely a solid place to split the narrative, but as a climax for a singular experience it was very underwhelming. Never read the book or saw Lynch's Dune and all I knew about the story was Spice and Big Sand Wyrms. The filmmaking itself gives my rating a boost because the story is just okay so far.

Extended thoughts: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/dune-2021/
    Saw it yesterday, and this is almost exactly how I feel about the film. Just one or two rungs of a ladder short of a masterpiece.

Still, can't wait to watch it again. It really is a marvelous spectacle.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Mia says hi.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The French Dispatch - 5/5. This was simply fantastic. Just fantastic.

More thoughts at Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...ench-dispatch/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Last Night in Soho yesterday. Brilliant in many areas-cinematography, costume design, and recreating SOHO from the mid 1960's. Hurt by one or two unneeded chases down London alleyways.
    4/6 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No Time to Die: 3/5 - This was a fine Bond movie full of Bond tropes. Much like my feelings coming out of The Last Duel, which was also fine, is that it's nice to be able to go to the films and see a movie that is just fine. It's almost a comforting throwback. I don't know if that's just the novelty of going to the cinema again after nearly 18 months, but I'm quite pleased just seeing a fine film. But for the longest time it seemed that films were either good or bad. Back in the 90s, there were fine movies all over the place. Hopefully we're starting to see a resurgence in movies that are just fine. And I'm fine with that.

More thoughts: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...e-to-die-2021/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finch 5/5
    Amazing, one of Tom Hanks best. Great characters and a story that doesn't try too hard to be amazing because it just is. Must see!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Finch 5/5
    Amazing, one of Tom Hanks best. Great characters and a story that doesn't try too hard to be amazing because it just is. Must see!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finch 5/5
    I don't want to get on my soapbox about streaming services and the film industry, but I will just say it's a shame a film like Finch will be destined to be overlooked and swept aside. It was a real delight.

The French Dispatch

This is so tricky for me. Anyone who knows me knows I have a real love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson films. Maybe not hate, more like meh. I'll start with this, The French Dispatch is a good film, but it could have been so much more. Maybe with subsequent viewings, my feelings will change, but once again I walk away from an Anderson film feeling that it's more style over substance.

Honestly, there might be more style in The French Dispatch than any other Wes Anderson film and that's saying something. The problem is there's not a ton of substance. We could have gotten more substance, but Anderson decides to break the film into 3, non-related stories. Each story could have been its own film and I truly would have loved to have seen that. I just felt that each story felt so lush and full of life, but in the end, I wanted more.

As I mentioned, I enjoyed The French Dispatch, but I didn't love it and I really should have. I'm interested to see what happens on a second viewing.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finch 5/5
    I don't want to get on my soapbox about streaming services and the film industry, but I will just say it's a shame a film like Finch will be destined to be overlooked and swept aside. It was a real delight.

The French Dispatch

This is so tricky for me. Anyone who knows me knows I have a real love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson films. Maybe not hate, more like meh. I'll start with this, The French Dispatch is a good film, but it could have been so much more. Maybe with subsequent viewings, my feelings will change, but once again I walk away from an Anderson film feeling that it's more style over substance.

Honestly, there might be more style in The French Dispatch than any other Wes Anderson film and that's saying something. The problem is there's not a ton of substance. We could have gotten more substance, but Anderson decides to break the film into 3, non-related stories. Each story could have been its own film and I truly would have loved to have seen that. I just felt that each story felt so lush and full of life, but in the end, I wanted more.

As I mentioned, I enjoyed The French Dispatch, but I didn't love it and I really should have. I'm interested to see what happens on a second viewing.

I'll take more style next time please! Give me all that style. For me the substance is in the style.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

More style?!? How is that even possible?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooo who else here has watched Eternals?

I'm waiting on more reviews from y'all to decide if I'm watching it in theaters or waiting for Disney+

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Sooooo who else here has watched Eternals?

I'm waiting on more reviews from y'all to decide if I'm watching it in theaters or waiting for Disney+
    Loved it. Don’t get the hate. It’s far better than Black Widow and on par with Ten Rings. Definitely see it in the theatre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I don't understand the mixed reaction either. It's not a typical MCU movie, sure, but it's still an MCU movie. And one of the best, in my opinion. It's also just a great sci-fi movie. I would compare it to something like Arrival or Contact. Not as good, but very very good. I am very much into the genre of ancient aliens, precursor civilizations, and I loved how the Eternals are the inspiration for humanity's myths and religions, as well as art, throughout thousands of years. It's a deeply emotional movie, too. The final credits gave me goosebumps.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I trust you guys. Guess I'll be catching it in theaters this week!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finch 5/5
    Agreed. WOW. Just finished it and it’s a must see. This Should have been seen on the big screen. What a shame…

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

More style?!? How is that even possible?

Wes will find away.

Country
    Country Flag

LAMB. Don’t discount this movie as a silly horror flick. It’s not. It’s unsettling. It’s disturbing. It really makes you squirm in your seat. I bet you guys all love it here. It’s this good. 9/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    LAMB. Don’t discount this movie as a silly horror flick. It’s not. It’s unsettling. It’s disturbing. It really makes you squirm in your seat. I bet you guys all love it here. It’s this good. 9/10

In theaters or streaming?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 416 of 441 FirstFirst ... 316 366 406 414 415 416 417 418 426 ... LastLast