Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 441 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Hmmm ... that sounds interesting actually. Is it on instant play?
    It is.
    Have you forgotten the million of times I've recommend you watch it?

And I agree with Mike. He was also excellent in Blue Valentine if you haven't seen that one yet.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Stay is one of my all time favourite movies, such an ingenious concept and execution. Gosling, Watts, McGregor, Hoskins....delicious cast.
    Stay was pretty heavy stuff. I don't think I had any problems with Gosling's acting in it (then again, I don't have much to compare to other than The Ides of March, I think).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really must watch Half Nelson again. Worst Gosling movie I've seen was Fracture.

I downloaded Blue Valentine only for it to be in another language...never redownloaded it. Lars and the Real girl got a best original screenplay nomination I believe and the writing nominations are almost always the best films...haven't watched it yet though. The fact Matt Chesse never got an editing nomination for Stay is an outrage, that movie IS the editing and what it did with Marc Fosters direction.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yuck. I hate that fucking movie, lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Easy Money - 8.5/10

Here's a nice little find for you. I haven't heard anybody else talk about it, but if you are into foreign films or gangster films, then give Easy Money a look. Easy Money stars Joel Kinnaman from AMC's The Killing, who is also set to play Robocop in the 2014 remake. Kinnaman plays JW, a lower class business student who also happens to be somewhat of a conman. During the day he's your average student, at night he slicks his hair back and dresses in some snazzy threads and rubs elbows with some of Sweden's upper class. In order to keep up this facade, JW needs money and quickly finds himself caught up in the middle of a drug war.

Easy Money also follows the lives of two gangsters from rival gangs. Jorge, an escaped prisoner on the run from both the Serbian mafia and the police, and mafia enforcer Mrado, who is on the hunt for Jorge while juggling the responsibility of taking care of his young daughter.

Director Daniel Espinosa does a nice job of weaving all 3 storylines together and the film never really feels slow paced like many similar foreign films. The cinematography is also very good. Espinosa is a director to keep an eye on. He made his more mainstream debut with the Denzel Washingon film Safe House last year, which also featured Kinnaman in a small role.

Espinosa is poised for a breakout in 2014 with Child - 44 staring Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Gary Oldman and, once again, Joel Kinnaman. Check out Easy Money before his career really blows up.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Ice Storm - Fantastic. Keeping this short and sweet cause I have to go. Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Kevin Kline, Elijah Wood, Tobey McGuire, Christina Ricci, Joan Allen, Jamey Sheridan (RANDALL FLAGG GUYS!!), Directed by Ang Lee. The central theme of the movie I suppose would be sex and how even generation gaps don't seem to show much wisdom in the proper ettiquette about sex. It's funny, it's tragic, it's quirky and it's beautifully photographed, as all Ang Lee films are. Highly recommend it for those who haven't seen it!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Iron-Man 3: I like Shane Black's style more than Favreau. The Extremis angle was interesting, as was Tony's development. One thing felt like a knock-off of BB and TDKR done horribly wrong. For that, I give Iron-Man 3 8 Ole-ole-ole out of 10. A big improvement over Iron-Man 2. I think Jeff Bridges was a slightly more intimidating villain since he could go from brodude to lunatic at the drop of a hat. The villain in this one was excellent, visually. Moreso than Iron-Monger and Whiplash. Nice references to the Mandarin's comic abilities and the dragon.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Silver linings playbook

8/10

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John Dies At The End 8/10

I honestly don't know where to start with this one. A dark comedy which I found to be surprisingly serious at tones, I still enjoyed it immensely. I admit it may not be for everyone, but I think the cast does a great job with a good script. (Though Clancy Brown is underused which is a shame because he is hilarious) I would recommend it if you like weird dark comedy movies that don't take themselves too seriously. Plus the director food Bubba Ho Tep and that movie was fantastic.
    If you love me then love me..

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you read the book? I have, but actually haven't had time to watch the movie. I've heard mixed reviews from book readers, but I'm still excited. It it literally one of my favorite books of all time, despite how fucked up it is. The sequel, "This Book is Full of Spiders" is equally good, if not better

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book is on my list after I finish the Rot and Ruin trilogy. But, the movie reaches levels of fucked up.
    If you love me then love me..

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to know. I'm planning on watching it soon..after finals. I've seen clips though, and I love what I've seen

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Synecdoche, New York
    Shannon: 1/5

Easily one of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. A lot of people love it, but to me, it was one random scene after another. And the longer you watched, the more the randomness folded in upon itself, multiplying exponentially, until everything that you either see or hear makes you doubt your very own sanity. I wouldn't recommend this movie to my worst enemy.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Synecdoche, New York

Easily one of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. A lot of people love it, but to me, it was one random scene after another. And the longer you watched, the more the randomness folded in upon itself, multiplying exponentially, until everything that you either see or hear makes you doubt your very own sanity.
    Mine and bears reaction to hearing about a film that sounds this insane:

Spoiler:

Gotta find myself a copy asap!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Synecdoche, New York

Easily one of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. A lot of people love it, but to me, it was one random scene after another. And the longer you watched, the more the randomness folded in upon itself, multiplying exponentially, until everything that you either see or hear makes you doubt your very own sanity. I wouldn't recommend this movie to my worst enemy.
    Mattrick is gonna have a heart attack lol.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

People who see no reason to question their own sanity are the ones who most need to!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Synecdoche, New York

My thoughts exactly.

I didn't love the film, but I did really enjoy it. And DD have you not seen it? I'd definitely recommend you check it out.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Mothman Prophecies today. Eh. Not terrible, but not great either. Tense and creepy in some parts, but not enough to detract from the film's unfocused nature.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Synecdoche, New York

My thoughts exactly.

I didn't love the film, but I did really enjoy it. And DD have you not seen it? I'd definitely recommend you check it out.
    Synecdoche, New York is a masterpiece...it's life, represented unlike ever before in film. Life is a stage, we assign people roles and they assign us roles in their life. Last ten minutes of that movie...gets me everytime, from the funeral scene with the preacher soliloquy and on. Fantastic film. Its disorienting, yes, but the second watch is so sweet.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Synecdoche, New York

Easily one of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. A lot of people love it, but to me, it was one random scene after another. And the longer you watched, the more the randomness folded in upon itself, multiplying exponentially, until everything that you either see or hear makes you doubt your very own sanity.
    Mine and bears reaction to hearing about a film that sounds this insane:

Spoiler:

Gotta find myself a copy asap!
    that's exactly what I intended to post!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thought you'd appreciate that, bears. I only wish I could've found a gif of it for maximum slow-motion-desk-leaping-awesomeness effect!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've downloaded the movie, by the way. Will watch it tonight.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck.

Country
    Country Flag

mwahaha

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Your review will be the tie breaker on whether or not I'll watch the movie, Jean.

No pressure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 441 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast