Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 441 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Saw-Spiral.
    Gory as to be expected. Nice to see Chris Rock and Samuel Jackson in it. I saw the twist coming quite early. Still, an enjoyable 90 minutes. I give it 3/6 beers on the RFSRS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Saw-Spiral.
    Gory as to be expected. Nice to see Chris Rock and Samuel Jackson in it. I saw the twist coming quite early. Still, an enjoyable 90 minutes. I give it 3/6 beers on the RFSRS
    I can’t wait to see this... nothing open here though sadly I did get to see ARMY OF THE DEAD. It was awesome!! What I expected but they put a cool on the zombie take. It’s def worth a watch. Gory as hell. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Viewed Saw-Spiral.
    I can’t wait to see this... nothing open here though sadly I did get to see ARMY OF THE DEAD. It was awesome!! What I expected but they put a cool on the zombie take. It’s def worth a watch. Gory as hell. Lol

Yeah, AOTD wasn't bad at all. I mean there was some stupid stuttered plot line to it, but as a "Zombie Flick" it was fun and about what you would expect. Somereally cool Zombie effects and powers too.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Army of the Dead yesterday. Tons of gore, and new takes on different levels of zombies. Wasn't even aware the actress who played the helicopter pilot was "green screened" in after the original guy was dumped for sexual harassment charges. She was the funniest thing in the movie. I give it 4/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Army of the Dead yesterday. Tons of gore, and new takes on different levels of zombies. Wasn't even aware the actress who played the helicopter pilot was "green screened" in after the original guy was dumped for sexual harassment charges. She was the funniest thing in the movie. I give it 4/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    Wow really!? I never knew that

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Army of the Dead was fun. I appreciate that it's not based on a comic book or something.

I have to say though, for a zombie action film, the first part of the film after the opening is fairly light with action. Speaking of that opening, I thought those were some of the best opening credits I've seen in a long time.

I loved the premise, Ocean's 11 with zombies. That's pretty cool. Also, two words: Zombie tiger.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Those Who Wish Me Dead. Really surprising and good. Didn’t know Michael Koryta wrote it til the closing credits. He has been on my to read list for awhile and now goes to the top.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Point Blank", on Netflix was pretty good. Frank Grillo & Anthony Mackie star about a nurse and a criminal who team up vs corrupt cops. Not bad as these films go. I gave it a solid 4 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Army of the Dead was fun. I appreciate that it's not based on a comic book or something.

I have to say though, for a zombie action film, the first part of the film after the opening is fairly light with action. Speaking of that opening, I thought those were some of the best opening credits I've seen in a long time.

I loved the premise, Ocean's 11 with zombies. That's pretty cool. Also, two words: Zombie tiger.
    Totally agree. I kind of felt the opening was similar to Zombieland. Overall not bad, but it did drag at times and a run time of 2.5 hours, Snyder sure loves to take his time telling a story.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Those Who Wish Me Dead. Really surprising and good. Didn’t know Michael Koryta wrote it til the closing credits. He has been on my to read list for awhile and now goes to the top.
    I went to see it this weekend as well and loved it. I think I liked it better than the book (though I would've liked a little more info./background about the Big Conspiracy). The action and suspense was great (especially the first cabin scene), the performances were grounded, the score was killer, and the dual threats of man-versus-man and man-versus-nature was done really well. I'm very glad I saw it on the big screen. Unfortunately, I don't think its box office totals will end up reflecting its quality.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention "Charlie Wilson's War". It has become another "Shawshank" in that whenever I see it in the guide, I switch to it. Stars, Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Truly great flick concerning the initial fight to get the Russians out of Afghanistan. I give it a 6 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS. It's certainly not a current film, it came out in 2007, but if you haven't seen it or, haven't seen it in awhile, DO IT!!! Trust me, it will be a treat for the day and ypu'll want to thank me, but that is not necessary. lol

I'm watching it right now on DTV channel 526 (Starz, so you can probably also view it on Amazon streaming service.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one I always pass over when I find the DVD at a used store. I will have to pick it up.

Country
    Country Flag

That's one I always pass over when I find the DVD at a used store. I will have to pick it up.
    Me too. Never seen it. Gotta now

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The other Hanks film I always pass over is Larry Crowne.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oy'sagoodboy View Post
    I just watched the movie "Nobody" I felt like this was the movie we needed and deserved after the train wreck of 2020. Very much reminiscent of John Wick / the Equalizer. Also Bob Odenkirk AkA Saul Goodman, if you are a Breaking Bad fan, held his own throughout the movie. I give it 4.5 beers out of 5. Highly recommend!
    I loved the movie. The fight choreography was done by the same people who did John Wick.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they do a few more. Nobody was quietly a great movie and so fun.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nobody is also written by Derek Kolstad, who wrote all 3 John Wick films.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're into animated films, do yourself a favor and check out The Mitchells vs the Machines on Netflix. I know most animated films not produced by Disney and Pixar are largely ignored, but Mitchells vs. The Machines should not be overlooked. It's easily one of the best-animated films I've seen in years.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're into animated films, do yourself a favor and check out The Mitchells vs the Machines on Netflix. I know most animated films not produced by Disney and Pixar are largely ignored, but Mitchells vs. The Machines should not be overlooked. It's easily one of the best-animated films I've seen in years.
    Watched it with my grandson. Not bad at all. Worth the time indeed.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Me too. Never seen it. Gotta now

I never heard of it and my neighbor told me to watch it. I was surprised, it was pretty good.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention "Charlie Wilson's War". It has become another "Shawshank" in that whenever I see it in the guide, I switch to it. Stars, Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Truly great flick concerning the initial fight to get the Russians out of Afghanistan. I give it a 6 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS. It's certainly not a current film, it came out in 2007, but if you haven't seen it or, haven't seen it in awhile, DO IT!!! Trust me, it will be a treat for the day and ypu'll want to thank me, but that is not necessary. lol

I'm watching it right now on DTV channel 526 (Starz, so you can probably also view it on Amazon streaming service.
    I definitely second this one. You'll find yourself cheering for their efforts to get Russia out of Afghanistan while at the same time realizing how the US created a future enemy for itself in the process. While the movie deals with such heavy material it is still a lot of fun because it doesn't take itself very seriously.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I definitely second this one. You'll find yourself cheering for their efforts to get Russia out of Afghanistan while at the same time realizing how the US created a future enemy for itself in the process. While the movie deals with such heavy material it is still a lot of fun because it doesn't take itself very seriously.
    Yep, it's a true diamond in the rough.

Another "Oldie, but a goodie" that doesn't get much hype is "The Pope of Greenwich Village". It stars, Mickey Rourke before he went nuts, Eric Roberts (Classic role for him) and Burt Young. A real, true to life "New York" film that also involves the Mob. "They took my thumb, Charlie"!!! lol This film brings back many memories for me in all the subtle nuances of life in NYC pre-turn of the century. Sadly, it's a by gone era as the city just ain't what it used to be anymore.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Quite Place II wait is over and it was worth every second!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Quite Place II wait is over and it was worth every second!
    I was hoping to make it to the drive in this weekend to see it, but the weather has been horrible. Hopefully it'll still be playing there for a bit.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Wrath of Man is Guy Ritchie’s best movie. Hands down. 9/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 441 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 ... LastLast