Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 441 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    LOL. No, she has a sailor's mouth. Her unfiltered mouth is humor in itself.
    Oh man.... her demon thing. I couldn’t stop laughing. Some of the shit she does just killed us. We laughed so hard in parts. It was fun. We loved it. Most I’ve laughed at a movie in a long ass time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I haven't seen anyone write or mention this, so I will ask as I have not seen it.
    Capone starring Tom Hardy.....anyone see it yet? Thoughts? Thanks
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched some of that new David Spade movie. It is without a doubt the worst thing I've ever seen. Every joke was super choreographed like "Hey, we're doing a joke" but there was never a joke. That woman in it is just the absolute worst thing in the history of cinema. Move over Jar Jar Binks. She just screams unfunny things. Omg she says inappropriate stuff loudly and is embarrassing David Spade who has zero personality what a wacky scenario! The ongoing joke of Geoff Pierson not knowing David Spade's name yet no one is smart enough to know this raving lunatic isn't actually Miss Maryland. And she falls off the 100 foot cliff and survives like nothing happened? I watched about 20 minutes and she raped David Spade twice which is funny, I guess? oh she's so wacky.

This movie made Jack and Jill look appealing.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I forced myself to watch the whole movie and I agree with Mattrick. One of the worst movies I tortured myself with.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bet you guys are fun at parties.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey I like dumb movies as much as the next person. I love Land Of The Lost and I don't think I've met anyone else who does including Will Ferrell fans. I can honestly say I didn't laugh at all during The Wrong Missy and I've found Lauren Lapkus and David Spade funny in other projects. Different views makes the world a better place.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Hey I like dumb movies as much as the next person. I love Land Of The Lost and I don't think I've met anyone else who does including Will Ferrell fans. I can honestly say I didn't laugh at all during The Wrong Missy and I've found Lauren Lapkus and David Spade funny in other projects. Different views makes the world a better place.
    That they do.

I didn't really laugh much at Spade.. but I really liked her. She was funny I thought
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just debuted today on Netflix is "Lovebirds". I haven't seen it yet, but it's getting good reviews.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This movie is in no way related to a party.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I actively stay away from anything Adam Sandler and his little lackeys are creatively overseeing. Is he still doing dick and fart jokes?
    AMEN!!! The guy had the one fairly decent film (Happy Gilmore) and IMO has had a series of bombs since. I'm sure many will disagree, but I feel the same way about, Will Ferrell movies. As long as we're at it how the fuck does, M Night Shamyalan (however the hell you spell it) keep getting funded. He had "Sixth Sense" and has since had more bomb's than were dropped on Dresden. "I see Movie Flops"!!! LOL

Just for the record this is simply my opinion. I just don't see the attraction for these guys. Obviously, I'm in a minority as they are all rich as hell!!!
    Can someone please copy and paste this so Bill can see it? Nobody wants to correct him because everyone is afraid of him. Or maybe everyone just ignores him. You don't have to say it came from me.

M. Night has been on a roll in recent years. The Visit wasn't a huge film, but it made money and restored M. Night's name. Split then made $278.5 million. Glass then made $247 million.

As for Sandler, even the biggest Sandler haters agree that The Wedding Singer was good. Even a film like 50 First dates was good. Then we have some of his more serious films like Punch Drunk Love and last year's Uncut Gems. You also can't say "In my opinion he's had a series of bombs." That's not an opinion. Love him or hate him, there is factual evidence that shows he's had quite a few box office successes.

Don't copy and paste this part but this is what I can't stand about this guy. I've never seen someone who knows so little about so much yet acts like he knows everything. Also, he's cringeworthy with his attempt at humor. "I see movie flops." Really?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sandler is like the most successful guy in Hollywood. The two Grown Ups movies made nearly 550 million worldwide box office...as fucking depressing as that is. The Paul Blart movies he wasn't even in made nearly 400 million worldwide. His Netflix deal is disgusting. Even Jack and Jill brought in 150 million.

In terms of his good comedies there's Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, The Wedding Singer, Just Go With It, and Little Nicky... and I kind of like Zohan for some reason. His dramas are usually solid...Punch Drunk Love, Uncut Gems, Reign Over Me, Spanglish. I've got Meyorwitz Stories on my queue.

I hate Sandler as a lazy ass filmmaker/producer who just gives his friends a bunch of money for slap dick comedies that are feature length resort ads with a "story " that people inexplicably pay to see.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just debuted today on Netflix is "Lovebirds". I haven't seen it yet, but it's getting good reviews.
    Not bad at all! I laughed harder at Missy.. but this was ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I viewed it today and it was amusing, and at 89 minutes didn't wear out it's welcome. I'd give it 4/6 beers on the RFSRS.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We Have to Talk About Kevin... holy hell I could not stop this movie and had to hit the sac... BUT will finish it before bed this evening. SO unsettling!!!
    did you read the book? it is really really good

The power of Terrence Malick! Truly one of a kind director. I haven't seen this film for at least 10 years. You've inspired me to go back and revisit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Awww. . . A bear hug? Cannot beat that. The best is yet to come. Enjoy the journey. His 10th and newest film, A Hidden Life, is out on Blu Ray now.

there are so many more things to say about that movie, which still does not loosen its hold on bears; among them, the incredible, formidable, tremendously terrific and disquieting performance by Linda Manz, whom I had never seen before. I close my eyes and see her turning those cartwheels. Or smoking. Or just looking with those eyes.

...and one of the most powerful endings in cinema history
    ...and the music. Oh hell.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    We Have to Talk About Kevin... holy hell I could not stop this movie and had to hit the sac... BUT will finish it before bed this evening. SO unsettling!!!
    did you read the book? it is really really good

The power of Terrence Malick! Truly one of a kind director. I haven't seen this film for at least 10 years. You've inspired me to go back and revisit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Awww. . . A bear hug? Cannot beat that. The best is yet to come. Enjoy the journey. His 10th and newest film, A Hidden Life, is out on Blu Ray now.

there are so many more things to say about that movie, which still does not loosen its hold on bears; among them, the incredible, formidable, tremendously terrific and disquieting performance by Linda Manz, whom I had never seen before. I close my eyes and see her turning those cartwheels. Or smoking. Or just looking with those eyes.

...and one of the most powerful endings in cinema history
    ...and the music. Oh hell.
    So glad you loved it, Jean. What the next Malick movie for you?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

any that comes first. I am now downloading all Malik I can lay my paws on.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Days of Heaven

Bears are still under impression, still feeling uneasy, still distressed. Wow.

I wasn’t very hopeful after I read the description. I suspected it would be very American and very… magnificent, if you see what I mean. I’d seen dozens of those, some of them superclassic: with the fields, golden wheat, green pastures, from sea to shining sea, and ponderous self-importance sprouting from the very impeccable harmony the director contrived to create in every frame. As if, you know, the earth itself breathes the glorious history, and may my American friends forgive me, all that epic grandeur is as a rule rather annoying. That’s what I kinda expected.

Fat chance.

True, every frame is more perfect than perfection itself. And at the same time every one is – hard to find the right word – as if marred by a jarring personal note, as if a worm of destiny is eating this ideal apple from inside. What you see is never a centerpiece, it is never balanced, never propped by anything logical around it: it is always random, always gone way too fast, and scratching you with its sharp edge while going. As if everything is caught in the process of falling, just one moment because it hits some unspeakable bottom and smashes to smithereens – for ever.

This feeling of alarm, of doom is very personal, as any story of death should be. Everything about this film is about its rhythm; not full, free breathing, but a labored, intermittent gasping of a dying man. It’s the uneven heartbeat of guilty conscience, of what is wrong and never can be put right. Nothing sits firmly on its bottom; everything slides down to hell.

This movie does not have a good story (allusions aside) or a good dialog; neither does it need those. I personally prefer the films which do need – and have - story and dialog, but this is because my type of cinema is cinema-prose, and this is cinema-poetry. One does not expect a sculptor to set his oeuvres to music, or a composer to photograph his symphonies. And, although it is not my type of film, this particular movie will stay with me forever as one of my favorites.

Thank you kingfan2323, and many bearhugs.
    Beautiful review, Bears! I have not seen that film in ages but it's never left me. The part about Malick being cinema-poetry got me because that is almost exactly what I said to my friends after leaving one of his films we saw in the theater. Most good films are "novels" but Malick's films are "poems".

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to see how Days of Heaven does in our 1970s tournament next year!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    One I will gladly re-watch. Badlands too.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I picked up Days of Heaven on laserdisc a while back. Malick's films are not easy watches for me, so I have no idea when I will be in the mood for it.

Has anyone seen his 2019 film A Hidden Life? I haven't heard anyone talk about it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Is it bad that I don't think I've seen a Terrence Malick movie. I tried to watch Tree of Life but I don't think I made it through it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Is it bad that I don't think I've seen a Terrence Malick movie. I tried to watch Tree of Life but I don't think I made it through it.
    If you couldn't make it through Tree of Life, then I wouldn't go out of my way to try anything else he's directed. Tree of Life is his most accessible film if you ask me.

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone viewed Hardy's Capone yet?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Tree of Life is his most accessible film if you ask me.

That's the only one of his I've seen and I haven't been in any hurry to see another one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite of his is The New World.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 441 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 ... LastLast