Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 441 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Togo and while it’s formulaic at times I enjoyed it a lot. I have zero desire to see Call of the Wild because of all the CGI animals and the real dogs in this movie were great. I also found it interesting that a couple of the more unbelievable moments apparently really happened.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Togo was much better than COTW
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Devil All the Time

Man, Netflix has been pumping out some dark shit recently with I'm Thinking of Ending Things and now The Devil All the Time. If you're looking for something light then look elsewhere because you'd have to use a magnifying glass to find something good that happens in the entire film.

The Devil All the Time features an impressive collection of Hollywood talent including Tom Holland, Bill Skarsgård, Riley Keough, Eliza Scanlen, Mia Wasikowska, Sebastian Stan, Jason Clarke, Haley Bennett. Maybe the highlight of the film for me is a deranged, electric performance from one of my favorite actors working today in Robert Pattinson.

The Devil All the Time features intersecting storylines that span a generation. The film introduces some characters that seem out of place, but it pays off in the end as all the threads get tied together.

For some, The Devil All the Time is going to test the patience of the viewer. Those that are patient will find an intriguing story about destiny and how lives can intersect and intertwine. Another major theme is religion and how it can be used to poison and twist those who believe.

The film is directed by Antonio Campos and it's the first film of his that I've seen. I think he shows quite a bit of potential here.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Devil All the Time

Man, Netflix has been pumping out some dark shit recently with I'm Thinking of Ending Things and now The Devil All the Time. If you're looking for something light then look elsewhere because you'd have to use a magnifying glass to find something good that happens in the entire film.

The Devil All the Time features an impressive collection of Hollywood talent including Tom Holland, Bill Skarsgård, Riley Keough, Eliza Scanlen, Mia Wasikowska, Sebastian Stan, Jason Clarke, Haley Bennett. Maybe the highlight of the film for me is a deranged, electric performance from one of my favorite actors working today in Robert Pattinson.

The Devil All the Time features intersecting storylines that span a generation. The film introduces some characters that seem out of place, but it pays off in the end as all the threads get tied together.

For some, The Devil All the Time is going to test the patience of the viewer. Those that are patient will find an intriguing story about destiny and how lives can intersect and intertwine. Another major theme is religion and how it can be used to poison and twist those who believe.

The film is directed by Antonio Campos and it's the first film of his that I've seen. I think he shows quite a bit of potential here.
    Glad to hear you liked this film. I knew you would. I was a huge fan. Man Holland is becoming one of my fav actors as well as Patterson.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait. Do you now know my taste as well as I know yours? Nice!

Holland has an exciting career ahead. He has a very rare Hollywood trait and that is that he's very likeable.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait. Do you now know my taste as well as I know yours? Nice!

Holland has an exciting career ahead. He has a very rare Hollywood trait and that is that he's very likeable.
    Yes. Nailed it. Extremely likeable. I’m a huge fan....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I like slow burners but Devil just didn't do it for me. Honestly I couldn't wait for the film to be over and was immensely relieved when it was.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I like slow burners but Devil just didn't do it for me. Honestly I couldn't wait for the film to be over and was immensely relieved when it was.
    Interesting. I'm surprised the performances didn't draw you in.

Country
    Country Flag

New Mutants... we went to see Honest Thief BUT i had my dates wrong so since we are there anyways... why not? New Mutants is SO BAD (Its as bad as the Fantastic Four shit we got a few years back.. maybe worse. lol) that I now have ZERO faith in the new Stand reboot by Josh B. I hope I am wrong.... but if this movie is any indication. For the first One hour and 20 mins... there is nothing X-Men like about it. Its messed up teenagers dealing with thier feelings.. its brutal.... 2/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The theaters in our County just reopened. They have a reduced schedule and most movies have their earliest showing at ~2, even on weekends.

I like showings that are ~10am-11am start.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The theaters in our County just reopened. They have a reduced schedule and most movies have their earliest showing at ~2, even on weekends.

I like showings that are ~10am-11am start.
    I’d love late AM starts! That’s awesome! The earliest here is 1230pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The King of Staten Island 4/5. Surprisingly fun and warm. Didn't see that going into it. I figured it would be silly and over the top. More drama than comedy but plenty of lol moments. Long for a "comedy" but not wasted time.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We hosted my wife's Girl Scout troop at our house Saturday night for an out door screening of The Sixth Sense - projector and big screen! Very socially distanced for 15 & 16 year olds. They loved it, and I gotta admit is was so much fun to watch this again knowing the ending, and looking for consistencies. A really remarkable film that holds up well. 9/10

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the pleasure of catching The Trial of the Chicago 7 today in a theater. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love courtroom dramas and Aaron Sorkin has proven how good he is at writing courtroom screenplays with A Few Good Men. Sorkin is now 2-for-2 as a director as well. I loved Molly's Game and with the Trial of the Chicago 7, he and the cast should find themselves very busy around Oscar night, whenever that may be.

Even in a normal year, I think the Chicago 7 would have been well represented. I can say that this is the first traditionally Oscar worthy film to be released this year. The film's strength is the astounding ensemble cast. I could see nominations for Sacha Baron Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, Mark Rylance and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Be sure to check this one out this week when it drops on Netflix.

Country
    Country Flag

I had the pleasure of catching The Trial of the Chicago 7 today in a theater. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love courtroom dramas and Aaron Sorkin has proven how good he is at writing courtroom screenplays with A Few Good Men. Sorkin is now 2-for-2 as a director as well. I loved Molly's Game and with the Trial of the Chicago 7, he and the cast should find themselves very busy around Oscar night, whenever that may be.

Even in a normal year, I think the Chicago 7 would have been well represented. I can say that this is the first traditionally Oscar worthy film to be released this year. The film's strength is the astounding ensemble cast. I could see nominations for Sacha Baron Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, Mark Rylance and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Be sure to check this one out this week when it drops on Netflix.
    Super! Cannot wait to see this when it drops the 16th. I choose Honest Thief instead when we went ONLY cause it would play better being action and all in a theatre. It was ok... what you expect. No surprises.... just getting to a theatre is something now a days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't return to a Theater until there are showtimes before noon.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Europa Report

SnooZzzzzeeeee fest/10

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tomorrow Man - 3/5 crazy ending?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Watched Terminator Dark Fate the other day. I thought it was really good but I'm shocked that it didn't get the exact same criticism that The Force Awakens got in that it was basically the same plot as the first movie in the franchise.

It's a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton where an un-killable robot shows up from the future to kill a character and the fate of the entire world rests on the survival of said character. While another character also shows up from the future to protect said character.

That said, I really enjoyed it and if you look at it as a direct sequel to T2 it fits into the timeline nicely. I give it 3 out of 4.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had an itch to rewatch Hugo for the first time in years since I've done some reading about George Melies for school. It's such a wonderful film and definitely top 5 Scorsese for me. A true love letter to the birth of cinema and movie magic and the power of film. It's such a flawless script too. Even little bit characters have little arcs and payoffs to their little stories. I want to write a post about Sacha Baron Cohen's character and performance as he's so well executed. He gets really one scene to establish his character and it totally fleshes him out, and then a scene with Hugo later that gives us basically his entire life story and explains all his motivations in a couple lines of dialogue. It's really quite efficient storytelling.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hugo is one of the few Scorsese films I haven't seen yet. I'll get to it this week.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hugo was one of the few films that used 3D well during the silly rebirth of that fad.

Last night, I had the honor of seeing Memories of Murder in theaters. It's so great to get a chance to see a film like that on the big screen. The film is a masterpiece. I know it didn't go far in our tournament but I hope people discover it now. Bong Joon-Ho really is a fine filmmaker.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to see Hugo in 3D again. It's not gimmicky with Hugo since the usage of 3D is in itself an homage to Melies, the father of special effects.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Borat 2 -

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Subsequent Borat Movie is next on my list but I just watched Yes, God, Yes on Netflix, what a fun and great little movie! Highly recommended! Natalia Dyer (from Stranger Things) is so good here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 441 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 ... LastLast