Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 441 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I was disapointed in watching The Matrix. It had potential, but I just thought it was a bad movie. No where near as good as the other ones. I am not sure if it was Lana, but they did not want to
    do another Matrix movie to begin with. I read an article saying as much. She thought that the trilogy was enough. But they wanted more. I found it interesting that
    Spoiler:
    there was a mention of how there were no new ideas and everything is just rehashed

in the movie itself. There were parts and some dialog that was good, but it was the weakest one for me. Maybe I will like it better when I watch it at home in my HT. But I was disappointed. They
    Spoiler:
    strait up lifted scenes from the other movies and had scenes that were the same on with the new characters
    in this one. As for a sequel. I think Lana said that she wanted this to be the last one, even though they left it wide open. So, I am glad I saw it for myself, but I don't know about another one.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    So, a lot was made of a recent study of scary movies that measured frights based on heart rate. Based on their recommendations, I checked out number one, Host. Loved it. So scary for a simple film that was done during the confines of the pandemic. My daughters and their friend certainly thought is was the scariest film they had ever seen (the first three Paranormals were tops before for them) - me, not so much, but it was still a fun scare ride. The film clocks in at around an hour long - it's amazing how many jumps and characters can be developed in such a short time. Well worth you time. 8.5/10.

Here is a link to an article about the study: https://www.nme.com/news/film/host-c...m-ever-3056260
    Never even heard of it before, but you have me intrigued. Will watch it this week sometime.
    I had never heard of it before reading the article. I look forward to hearing your assessment.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Licorice Pizza was fine, I guess. I don't really know how I feel about it. Good performances and filmmaking as you'd expect with PTA. No real narrative throughline. Well need to watch again to know how I felt about it.

3/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I was disapointed in watching The Matrix. It had potential, but I just thought it was a bad movie. No where near as good as the other ones. I am not sure if it was Lana, but they did not want to
    do another Matrix movie to begin with. I read an article saying as much. She thought that the trilogy was enough. But they wanted more.
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you, Mike. I said earlier how much I loved it, though, and here, take a look:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Celebrated the new year with Don't Look Up. Loved every minute, of every performance, of this fine film. Superb entertainment. Stay around for the two credit sequences - not as good as the film itself, but worth it. 9/10.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't Look Up was indeed superb. It was a ludicrous yet poignant reflection of some of our biggest flaws as humans. The fact that we can't seem to get out of our own damn way is hilariously parodied here. Great performances by everyone, especially Leo playing against typecast by being insecure and unsure of himself lol.

5/5

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Don't Look Up was indeed superb. It was a ludicrous yet poignant reflection of some of our biggest flaws as humans. The fact that we can't seem to get out of our own damn way is hilariously parodied here. Great performances by everyone, especially Leo playing against typecast by being insecure and unsure of himself lol.

5/5
    Our biggest flaws yes, but it also reminds one of our greatest strengths too.
    Spoiler:
    The final scene, where the principles choose to have dinner with one another is such human moment, sans technology, of course.

I am reading Dan Brown's novel, Inferno, right now and a few recent quotes really resonated with me after watching Don't Look Up:

"The human mind has a primitive ego defense mechanism that negates all realities that produce too much stress for the brain to handle. It's called DENIAL."

"Denial is a critical part of the human coping mechanism. Without it, we would all wake up terrified every morning about all the ways we could die. Instead, our minds block out our existential fears by focusing on stresses we can handle."

"No man is more prideful than he who believes himself immune to the dangers of the world."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5/5
    Our biggest flaws yes, but it also reminds one of our greatest strengths too.
    Spoiler:
    The final scene, where the principles choose to have dinner with one another is such human moment, sans technology, of course.

I am reading Dan Brown's novel, Inferno, right now and a few recent quotes really resonated with me after watching Don't Look Up:

"The human mind has a primitive ego defense mechanism that negates all realities that produce too much stress for the brain to handle. It's called DENIAL."

"Denial is a critical part of the human coping mechanism. Without it, we would all wake up terrified every morning about all the ways we could die. Instead, our minds block out our existential fears by focusing on stresses we can handle."

"No man is more prideful than he who believes himself immune to the dangers of the world."
    Whoa, that's deep, man. Very deep indeed.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Was a great movie. Surprised that no one saw the political and social commentaries they were mocking/mirroring.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone watched LOST DAUGHTER?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    do another Matrix movie to begin with. I read an article saying as much. She thought that the trilogy was enough. But they wanted more.
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you, Mike. I said earlier how much I loved it, though, and here, take a look:

Interesting video. I can see a lot of points there. I have no one to see it again with but I am buying it
    for sure and I will see if I can like it more the next time I watch it. I really thought this would be the start
    of another trilogy. Which I thought would be cool. But maybe I was wrong with that and the box office
    is not helping in that choice. But like I said, when I can I will give it another shot.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

American Underdog. 10/10. Love it. Best sports movie I think I’ve ever seen. Please see this hidden gem.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Was a great movie. Surprised that no one saw the political and social commentaries they were mocking/mirroring.
    I think we all did, I mean they beat you over the head with it, kinda hard to miss lol. At the same time though the political satire was a vehicle to display how arrogant and self deluded the human race could be.

Our penchant for focusing on completely trivial things in the face of potentially catastrophic, world ending events is one of the things they were targeting.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I almost feel bad for "creators" who, like Adam McKay, make entertainment (by definition, a distraction) despite a desperate need to communicate something with utter seriousness.

"Ah - people are imperfect, you say - that hadn't occurred to me, and probably not to anyone else."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I think we all did, I mean they beat you over the head with it, kinda hard to miss lol. At the same time though the political satire was a vehicle to display how arrogant and self deluded the human race could be.

Our penchant for focusing on completely trivial things in the face of potentially catastrophic, world ending events is one of the things they were targeting.
    I totally agree, in act what you cite is much more at the heart of the film than the political satire, which is admittedly great as well.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    American Underdog. 10/10. Love it. Best sports movie I think I’ve ever seen. Please see this hidden gem.
    Is this the Kurt Warner story?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this the Kurt Warner story?
    Yes, haven't seen it but as a sports fan I know I will.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bro, that's impossible. It's better than Rudy? It's better than Field of Dreams? We need a sports movie tournament right now.

As for Matrix Resurrections, I had pretty low expectations, so I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted to like it a lot more. Honestly, my biggest gripe was the action. I thought it was sloppy. I also thought the CGI was pretty average. I don't think there's anything left to the story. What would be more interesting is to see the early days of the machine takeover. We need a prequel that really explores some of that. I'd have to go back and watch the Animatrix, but I feel like those short films explored things of that nature.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Bro, that's impossible. It's better than Rudy? It's better than Field of Dreams? We need a sports movie tournament right now.

As for Matrix Resurrections, I had pretty low expectations, so I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted to like it a lot more. Honestly, my biggest gripe was the action. I thought it was sloppy. I also thought the CGI was pretty average. I don't think there's anything left to the story. What would be more interesting is to see the early days of the machine takeover. We need a prequel that really explores some of that. I'd have to go back and watch the Animatrix, but I feel like those short films explored things of that nature.
    Yep. Loved it better than both those and I liked those a LOT!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The trailer looked like a Paint-By-Numbers sports movie. I also thought they were going to lay on the faith aspect super thick, which will just annoy the piss out of me. You know how many guys prayed their brains out to be an NFL QB and ended shoveling shit?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Lou Gehrig Story"? Tell me your eyes don't get moist every time you watch it. Yankee fan or not. Also, "Moneyball". Kris, I bet your film doesn't make the top ten.. Anyway.

Matrix: Kinda have to agree with you there. It was "Okay", "Fun"(?)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

The trailer looked like a Paint-By-Numbers sports movie. I also thought they were going to lay on the faith aspect super thick, which will just annoy the piss out of me. You know how many guys prayed their brains out to be an NFL QB and ended shoveling shit?
    Cinderella Man was my all time favourite sports movie until this. I absolutely loved it and so did the other couples we went with. It’s my all time fav. And let’s be honest… they are alll the same… it’s just they make you feel watching them right?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember the Titans.
    Drops the mike…
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Rocky and The Natural and Million Dollar Baby
    As for Matrix 4, initially I felt it was better than 2 and 3. I enjoyed the new story at the beginning but like you said, it lacked the Matrix action aspect of it. Now, after re-watching it, it was unnecessary to make, but I liked the initial story but that was all.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cinderella Man was my all time favourite sports movie until this. I absolutely loved it and so did the other couples we went with. It’s my all time fav. And let’s be honest… they are alll the same… it’s just they make you feel watching them right?

BETTER THAN LITTLE GIANTS?! BLASPHEMY.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 441 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 ... LastLast