Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 441 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I haven't read the book or seen any of the Little Women films. Despite the great cast and Gerwig directing, I don't have a lot of interest in it.
    What....?

I haven't seen this one yet, but I'm dying to. It's such a great story. The one with Winona Ryder and Christian Bale is so good. But it is a little odd to me that they're remaking it yet again especially considering that PBS Masterpiece released a good version last year.
    Yeah, it's true. It just never seemed to get on my radar. I'm interested in seeing the Bale one though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I haven't read the book or seen any of the Little Women films. Despite the great cast and Gerwig directing, I don't have a lot of interest in it.
    What....?

I haven't seen this one yet, but I'm dying to. It's such a great story. The one with Winona Ryder and Christian Bale is so good. But it is a little odd to me that they're remaking it yet again especially considering that PBS Masterpiece released a good version last year.
    Yeah, it's true. It just never seemed to get on my radar. I'm interested in seeing the Bale one though.
    You should! It's good and I think you would like it. I was just so surprised when you said you hadn't seen any, because you're such a movie lover.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

What....?

You should! It's good and I think you would like it. I was just so surprised when you said you hadn't seen any, because you're such a movie lover.
    The only one I've seen is the one from 1933 with Katharine Hepburn because she is my favorite actress. I've never read the book but always wanted to. I may have to go see this one, it looks pretty good.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is something about early January that lends to the release of terrible movies.

If you were to take a Picasso and photocopy it a couple of times, you end up with a poor, grainy image of a masterpiece. The point is some things shouldn't be copied (remade). Which brings me to my most recent viewing.

The Grudge:
    A remake of a remake of a Japanese original that was pretty good. The movie makers took a good recipe and ruined it. They turned a gourmet meal into menudo ice cream, and tripe pop-sickles. A few jump-starts, and several very graphic images don't make a cohesive movie. Avoid at all costs!

1/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There is something about early January that lends to the release of terrible movies.

If you were to take a Picasso and photocopy it a couple of times, you end up with a poor, grainy image of a masterpiece. The point is some things shouldn't be copied (remade). Which brings me to my most recent viewing.

The Grudge:
    A remake of a remake of a Japanese original that was pretty good. The movie makers took a good recipe and ruined it. They turned a gourmet meal into menudo ice cream, and tripe pop-sickles. A few jump-starts, and several very graphic images don't make a cohesive movie. Avoid at all costs!

1/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    In 1979 Cinamascore started doing the scores on Movies... IN ALL THAT TIME... on 19 movies were given an 'F' from movie goers leaving the cinemas... UNTIL this past weekend when this movie became the 20th to get it!!! Not surprised at your score for it. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

lol @ "menudo ice cream"

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My list of my favourite Hidden Gems of the 2010s

Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True to a certain extent. What if the original wasn't a Picasso? The Ocean's 11 remake is so much better than the original.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A staggering technical triumph. Mendes has taken the simplest of war narratives and turned it into an uncompromising work of art that simultaneously delivers both the intimate moments and large scale horrors of war. The 'single take' technique allows us to live side by side with our dual leads as they traverse a Tartarus like hellscape in pursuit of their mission, while also allowing us to drink in the gorgeous landscapes of a countryside ravaged by engines of destruction. An instant classic and a cornerstone in Mendes' already impressive filmography.

4.5/5

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

A staggering technical triumph. Mendes has taken the simplest of war narratives and turned it into an uncompromising work of art that simultaneously delivers both the intimate moments and large scale horrors of war. The 'single take' technique allows us to live side by side with our dual leads as they traverse a Tartarus like hellscape in pursuit of their mission, while also allowing us to drink in the gorgeous landscapes of a countryside ravaged by engines of destruction. An instant classic and a cornerstone in Mendes' already impressive filmography.

4.5/5
    OMG.. dammmmm. I am going in about 7 hours and NOW I AM REALLY PUMPED.

Question: Where do you place this in the line up of the great war movies of our time?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going in less than an hour!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

4.5/5
    OMG.. dammmmm. I am going in about 7 hours and NOW I AM REALLY PUMPED.

Question: Where do you place this in the line up of the great war movies of our time?
    Hmmm... a little hard to say right now. It's not a war film in the most traditional sense, it's a more intimate film as we follow the leads throughout most of the movie. The focus isn't so much on the battles as they are on these guys weaving their way in and out of danger.

Knee jerk reaction? It'll land in my personal top 5 war films. Need to digest everything a bit more.

I'm going in less than an hour!
    Hell yeah, you're gonna love it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jay And Silent Bob Reboot
    3.5/5

Enjoyed the cameos of the first one, and a little bit of the humor. Gave the first one a 2.5/5. This one was much better, even a little heartfelt, if that's possible.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am seeing 1917 tonight. I just wonder how it compares with Dunkirk. Which is one of my favorite recent war films.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Dunkirk was an incredible letdown. From my favorite director, no less. 1917 looks to be amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I thought Dunkirk was an incredible letdown. From my favorite director, no less. 1917 looks to be amazing.
    That movie in theatre (IMAX) was so intense.. the score was so well done. If 1917 is anything like it... I’m super excited. You didn’t like it eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of IMAX, I really want to see 1917, but I want to wait until it's in IMAX theaters. At the moment near me, Star Wars is still dominating theaters. Due to contract obligations, theaters won't be able to free up an IMAX theater for another week at least.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1917:
    Cinematic, and technically, the film is a marvel. Shot as if in one single take it astonishes, yet occasionally is distracting. Still, it keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat. Not in my top 10 of greatest war movies of all time, but a very good movie nonetheless. Although based on a true story, a couple of things bothered me
    Spoiler:
    During his journey, one of the soldiers is picked up and transported towards his destination. When the bridge the convoy wanted to cross is discovered to have been destroyed, they leave the soldier to transit the river on his own. They don't even wait to ensure he safely crosses. Thus he ends up facing a sniper. After killing the sniper he is in the ruins of a town/large church and while trying to escape enemy soldiers, he stumbles across a woman hiding (with a large fire going?) who has an orphan infant girl she is trying to safeguard. Of course he has a canteen of milk to give the woman for the baby. Said canteen having been filled at a farm where all but one of the cows had been shot by retreating Germans. Awfully convenient.

5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dunkirk is my favourite Nolan film.

There's nothing I'd have love to do more on my birthday than go see 1917, but I promised my friend I'd see it with him.

And of course my theatre IS STILL SHOWING BLACK FUCKING CHRISTMAS BUT CAN'T SCREEN UNCUT GEMS FUCK

Country
    Country Flag

1917 was so VISCERAL....real, in the moment. Not my fav war movie of all time (I preferred Dunkirk more than this) BUT damm what a ride. 9/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

There's nothing I'd have love to do more on my birthday than go see 1917, but I promised my friend I'd see it with him.

And of course my theatre IS STILL SHOWING BLACK FUCKING CHRISTMAS BUT CAN'T SCREEN UNCUT GEMS FUCK
    It’s a brilliant film. It’s my second fav to Dark Knight. You didn’t like that one well if memory serves me?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Did not get a chance last night to see 1917, but I am seeing it today.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

It’s a brilliant film. It’s my second fav to Dark Knight. You didn’t like that one well if memory serves me?

All the Batman films are great. It's Inception and Interstellar I don't care for.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Inception, Interstellar, the Prestige, Dark Knight, and Memento were damn near perfect movies.

I thought Dunkirk was boring and pointless. "Let's make these uninteresting characters go over ... here. Now let's make these uninteresting characters go over ... here. Repeat."

I'd take Midway over Dunkirk, and that's saying something. Wait, unless you guys thought Midway was good? I can't tell with you people.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So me and my friend went to see Little Women last night, but honestly we were both a bit blah about it. Maybe I was just expecting more with all the rave reviews it was getting, but I wasnt impressed by it at all. Which bums me out because I was really looking forward to it.

They made a few odd choices with the film. First off they start at the end and move backwards via flashbacks. Which I didn't care for because then you know how it's going to end. It was like flipping to the back of a book and reading the conclusion before reading the story. In some instances I can see where that would work if there's still surprises to be had, but I wasn't sure why it was done here.

Secondly the casting choices for Amy and Laurie didn't work for me. Amy actually looked to be one of the most mature looking girls of the group, yet she is supposed to be the youngest. They also used the same actress for all the scenes where she's supposed to be about 12 years old. Which was weird seeing this grown woman throwing fits like a child does. It made it appear very comical versus realistic. And then we have the casting of Laurie who is the Male lead, yet he looks so young compared to all the girls.

I don't know, maybe I just expected more from it, but it's nothing I would have about. And I'd rank it at the bottom of the Little Women adaptations I've seen.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 441 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 ... LastLast