Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 441 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

I hope people here check out more silents from the 1920s when the time comes for our movie tournament to do that final decade. There are some amazing films there!
    Done!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Gold Rush - A really good film from the silent era. Very touching at times. 4/5

More at: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/the-gold-rush/
    When I taught in Canada, half a century ago, the final schoolday of the (school)year I used to rent a movie projector and The Gold Rush. Still remember the movie reels and trying to get the thing to work. Always did and the kids loved this movie. This was elementary school, grade six. Those were the days....

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Venom-Ultimate Carnage

Tedious, not funny and a waste of talent. At only 90 minutes long, it felt like 3 hours.

1/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Venom-Ultimate Carnage

Tedious, not funny and a waste of talent. At only 90 minutes long, it felt like 3 hours.

1/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I have yet to see it, but for how bad Venom was, I'm not surprised.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Many Saints of Newark.
    For all the Soprano fans, this is a prequel right up your alley.
    Disliked: I disliked the narration here and there as it was unnecessary. The trailer is deceiving in regards to the younger Tony Soprano, but I won't explain in detail. I didn't spend any time looking into the film and thought it was going to be a show, not a movie. And for how much I liked the film, a show could have been great to see even if it was one 10 episode season or something along those lines.
    Liked: I truly enjoyed seeing younger characters and how new actors portrayed them. I felt everyone did a hell of a job playing the younger characters from the Sopranos. The soundtrack was great. The writing was well done. And overall if it was very enjoyable to watch this. 4/5
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those that have not yet watched the new James Bond movie, No Time To Die... DON'T!

Total dogshit!!! 1/5

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    For those that have not yet watched the new James Bond movie, No Time To Die... DON'T!

Total dogshit!!! 1/5
    Another movie I heard was terrible with the direction they were going with it.
    Now, I heard Dune was pretty great, so hopefully it is.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Disliked: I disliked the narration here and there as it was unnecessary. The trailer is deceiving in regards to the younger Tony Soprano, but I won't explain in detail. I didn't spend any time looking into the film and thought it was going to be a show, not a movie. And for how much I liked the film, a show could have been great to see even if it was one 10 episode season or something along those lines.
    Liked: I truly enjoyed seeing younger characters and how new actors portrayed them. I felt everyone did a hell of a job playing the younger characters from the Sopranos. The soundtrack was great. The writing was well done. And overall if it was very enjoyable to watch this. 4/5
    Definitely echoes my thoughts. I wasn't too surprised that young Tony wasn't the focus, despite the promotional material indicating otherwise. A few interviews I read seemed to indicate who the focus would really be on, along with the title itself. Definitely agreed that a show would've been great. The story wasn't bad, but a full-length season would've given the characters and the themes more room to breathe. But it was certainly a great dip back into the world of The Sopranos. I hope we get to see more in future.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Total dogshit!!! 1/5
    Can you elaborate a bit?

Bad script?
    Bad acting?
    Bad cinematography?
    Bad music?
    Bad breath?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    While there was some value in the nostalgia of it all and the actors for the most part were not at fault but, I couldn't disagree with you more, I thought it was a hot mess. The plot was meandering and pointless array of PC film making. They failed to address some of the more pertinent family member transitions. The, Aprile's were virtually non-existent. IDK, maybe I should give it another go to see if I can find some value or merit to the film. I was really looking forward to this and was hugely disappointed. I give it a 1 beer out of 6 on the RFMRS!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Total dogshit!!! 1/5
    Hold up. You're telling me No Time To Die is worse than Quantum of Solace? That seems impossible. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to checking it out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Venom was stupid. But the end scene was UNREAL GOOD. Made up for the rest.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Vigoran will become famous soon enough Vigoran will become famous soon enough

The Guilty on Netflix. 3.5/5 entertaining movie, good less is more quality. Great acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed The Guilty as well. Reminded me of The Call with Halle Berry.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still need to see the original The Guilty, but I do want to check this one out.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Total dogshit!!! 1/5
    Can you elaborate a bit?

Bad script?
    Bad acting?
    Bad cinematography?
    Bad music?
    Bad breath?
    Cringeworthy dialogue and woke, politically correct set pieces; a ridiculous plotline involving 'nanobots' which is basically lifted from an episode of the British Sci-Fi comedy Red Dwarf. Zero chemistry between Daniel Craig and Léa Seydoux; annoying jump cut editing; a horrendously weak main villain with absolutely no character development. Returning characters (Blofeld, Felix Leiter, M... etc) are underused and act just as unnecessary time fillers. Shitty character arcs. Frequent plot holes and continuity errors that are both stupid and a result of lazy film making. Oh, and Billie Ellish's theme song is utter shite.

However, I feel I am actually listing the positives reagrding this film when it comes to what happens during the final 15 minutes of the movie... The ending isn't just shit, it ruins the whole fucking franchise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Hold up. You're telling me No Time To Die is worse than Quantum of Solace? That seems impossible. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to checking it out.
    Quantum of Solace was awful, but compared to No Time To Die it is a masterpiece.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People seem to like it:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ruins the franchise!?! As in the entire Bond franchise or just the Craig films?

Country
    Country Flag

Ruins the franchise!?! As in the entire Bond franchise or just the Craig films?
    59 years of James Bond, straight down the toilet.

In comparison, Quantum of Solace doesn't seem so bad does it?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be seeing it tonight. Seems to be a polarizing film, so I guess we'll see which side of the fence I land on.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rewatched 30 Days of Night, a competently made vampire film with a unique setting.

https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...days-of-night/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No Time To Die was fantastic. Its might be my 2 or 3 Craig-Bond film, with Skyfall the other contender and Casino Royale being No. 1. I need to watch it again to be sure. A great send off for this Bond.

4/5

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    No Time To Die was fantastic. Its might be my 2 or 3 Craig-Bond film, with Skyfall the other contender and Casino Royale being No. 1. I need to watch it again to be sure. A great send off for this Bond.

4/5
    This. Perhaps after reading my buddy Tim’s
    Review I was expecting a shit movie but it’s not. At all. No time to die is a lot
    Of fun and I loved it. A lot. 8/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Total dogshit!!! 1/5
    Can you elaborate a bit?

Bad script?
    Bad acting?
    Bad cinematography?
    Bad music?
    Bad breath?
    Cringeworthy dialogue and woke, politically correct set pieces; a ridiculous plotline involving 'nanobots' which is basically lifted from an episode of the British Sci-Fi comedy Red Dwarf. Zero chemistry between Daniel Craig and Léa Seydoux; annoying jump cut editing; a horrendously weak main villain with absolutely no character development. Returning characters (Blofeld, Felix Leiter, M... etc) are underused and act just as unnecessary time fillers. Shitty character arcs. Frequent plot holes and continuity errors that are both stupid and a result of lazy film making. Oh, and Billie Ellish's theme song is utter shite.

However, I feel I am actually listing the positives reagrding this film when it comes to what happens during the final 15 minutes of the movie... The ending isn't just shit, it ruins the whole fucking franchise!!!

Quantum of Solace was awful, but compared to No Time To Die it is a masterpiece.
    I guess this is why people have to see something to form their own opinion. We are polar opposites on this one, but that's what makes the world go round. If we all saw everything the same way, the world would be super boring.

Now that I've seen it, the biggest question I have about your assessment is when you said that it has cringeworthy dialogue and woke, politically correct set pieces. You have to explain that because I'm not seeing where you are coming from with that.

For me, it was an enjoyable, satisfying conclusion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 441 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 ... LastLast