Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 398 of 441 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 396 397 398 399 400 408 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Subsequent Borat Movie is next on my list but I just watched Yes, God, Yes on Netflix, what a fun and great little movie! Highly recommended! Natalia Dyer (from Stranger Things) is so good here!
    Honestly, there is one segment of Borat 2 that really bothers me and I wish he had not done it. It has already caused a lawsuit. And if everything the family says is true, I'm not mad at the lawsuit. It does drive a particular narrative but it could have been done differently. I just really hate that one scene and if I watch it again, I would skip it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Subsequent Borat Movie is next on my list but I just watched Yes, God, Yes on Netflix, what a fun and great little movie! Highly recommended! Natalia Dyer (from Stranger Things) is so good here!
    Honestly, there is one segment of Borat 2 that really bothers me and I wish he had not done it. It has already caused a lawsuit. And if everything the family says is true, I'm not mad at the lawsuit. It does drive a particular narrative but it could have been done differently. I just really hate that one scene and if I watch it again, I would skip it.
    Is that the scene right after the dirty old man says he would spend $500 on a girl he thinks is 15 and then his daughter tells him he's fucking gross? That scene is more offensive than anything that followed.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Is that the scene right after the dirty old man says he would spend $500 on a girl he thinks is 15 and then his daughter tells him he's fucking gross? That scene is more offensive than anything that followed.
    spoiler

UPDATE
    SPOILERS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Tommy;1220965]
    spoiler

UPDATE
    SPOILERS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Hugo was one of the few films that used 3D well during the silly rebirth of that fad.

Last night, I had the honor of seeing Memories of Murder in theaters. It's so great to get a chance to see a film like that on the big screen. The film is a masterpiece. I know it didn't go far in our tournament but I hope people discover it now. Bong Joon-Ho really is a fine filmmaker.
    Have you looked into Memories of Murder? I wasn't too happy with the ending until I realized the timeline as I went into watching it fully not knowing anything about it. Really good movie that had a happy ending, so to speak, in 2019.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

spoiler

UPDATE
    SPOILERS
    I thought that was a really beautiful scene. He was expecting to get a rise out of these little old ladies, but instead, she welcomed him with open arms and talked with him. I would not have guessed that was the scene you were talking about. It's certainly incentive on his part, but I think he came to that realization really quickly.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Hugo was one of the few films that used 3D well during the silly rebirth of that fad.

Last night, I had the honor of seeing Memories of Murder in theaters. It's so great to get a chance to see a film like that on the big screen. The film is a masterpiece. I know it didn't go far in our tournament but I hope people discover it now. Bong Joon-Ho really is a fine filmmaker.
    Have you looked into Memories of Murder? I wasn't too happy with the ending until I realized the timeline as I went into watching it fully not knowing anything about it. Really good movie that had a happy ending, so to speak, in 2019.
    Yeah, I mean when I saw the film over 10 years ago, the case was unsolved. I still really loved the ending regardless. Watching it again knowing they finally caught the guy definitely softens things a bit. For me, what I come away with is how these cases are so hard to prove, and sometimes no matter how good of a detective you are, you can't always prove someone is a murderer. For me, Memories of Murder is right up there with Zodiac and Seven.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I mean when I saw the film over 10 years ago, the case was unsolved. I still really loved the ending regardless. Watching it again knowing they finally caught the guy definitely softens things a bit. For me, what I come away with is how these cases are so hard to prove, and sometimes no matter how good of a detective you are, you can't always prove someone is a murderer. For me, Memories of Murder is right up there with Zodiac and Seven.
    Would I like this movie ? I LOVED Se7en and Zodiac
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Yes. I think you would.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I think you would.
    Ok thanks. Gonna get that tonight. Wonder if Netflix or prime has it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, you're only going to find it for rent online.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Halloween 2018. Predictable but good. Enjoyable and worth the watch.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to the Theater for the first time in7+ months!!!

Viewed "Honest Thief"

4/6

You know going in that Liam Neilson is trying to redeem himself, because of the woman he recently met, and fell in love with.
    These and other facts inhibit his character from taking the violent measures he's taken in recent movies.
    Still, it was great to see him on the big screen.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Went to the Theater for the first time in7+ months!!!

Viewed "Honest Thief"

4/6

You know going in that Liam Neilson is trying to redeem himself, because of the woman he recently met, and fell in love with.
    These and other facts inhibit his character from taking the violent measures he's taken in recent movies.
    Still, it was great to see him on the big screen.
    I love that! I'm so glad you went. It's a great feeling.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must say that this ad campaign for Borat 2 is pretty amazing. Loving these videos with fans. Still haven't seen the movie yet, though.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I think you would.
    Yes I liked it. Great movie. I thought the fact that they caught the guy last year incredible to!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I'm so glad you liked it!

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone watch His house? It has 100% RT and a ton of glowing reviews

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I fell asleep on it If anyone thinks it is worth watching let us know and I will give a second try.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how I missed this one but, check out Shot Caller. A really fine film that went really under the radar in 2017. The film stars Nikolaj Coster‑Waldau, Jon Bernthal and Lake Bell.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how I missed this one but, check out Shot Caller. A really fine film that went really under the radar in 2017. The film stars Nikolaj Coster‑Waldau, Jon Bernthal and Lake Bell.
    GREAT movie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I loved it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Borat 2:

Quite funny at times, and a bit of a stretch at other times. 3/6 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Let Him Go:

Excellent acting in this Western set in 1960's Montana and North Dakota. Diane Lane and Kevin Costner are a long married couple who often can communicate with just a look, or a body posture.

When their son is killed in a tragic horse riding incident, their daughter-in-law soon marries another man and moves out of their house, taking their 3 year old grandson with her.

Lane witnesses an incident in town that convinces her the new husband is abusive to the wife and the boy. Soon after the couple and the child leave town abruptly.
    Lane makes up her mind to track them down, and check on the boy. Costner has no choice but to tag along.

When they find the clan the boy is living with, they meet the wide eyed crazy matriarch mother running the family.

Although the movie is slow paced and laconic, tension builds to the inevitable confrontation.

4/6 beers on the RFSRS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 398 of 441 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 396 397 398 399 400 408 ... LastLast