Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 441 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Butterfly Effect - 1.5/5
    Finally watched this. Any points this film gets is for its premise only (and even that isn't wholly original). Everything about that film is amateur hour; the editing, the ebb and flow of the story, the atrocious acting by Kutcher. Jesus what a clunker.

X:Men - Dark Phoenix - 2/5
    Mildly entertaining film which coasts on our knowledge of these characters and their backgrounds, but its clear Fox no longer had any interest in this universe and only made this film to squeeze out the last bit of money from this cash cow before they sold the rights back to Disney. A pity, these characters deserved a much better send off.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Blue Ruin - 3.5/5
    Green Room - 4/5

So I went on a Jeremy Saulnier run after seeing all the praise on here. He's definitely a director to keep an eye on, but I don't know if he's on that Ari Aster, Robert Eggers plane yet. Need to see a little more from his films first. Hopefully his next film is a knockout.
    No, he's probably not. It's been a long time since we've seen a director come out of the gate like Aster. Recently, Damien Chazelle comes to mind.

I'm glad you enjoyed those two though.

I don't think any director has come out of the gate harder in the past 10 years than Villeneuve...Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner. The last director I can remember to his that sweet spot of critical success and commercial success quite like Villeneuve would be David Fincher. Tarantino too, but more Fincher since Tarantino is more in the auteur sense.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't care for the first Zombieland too much (I don't remember thinking it was that funny) so I'm not that eager to check out Double Tap.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I like to give (almost) everything a chance, although there are some movies I refuse to see.
    Heck, I even went to see LA LA LAND, so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    I did find one thing about LLL amusing, but that one second did not a movie make!

Was it this?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved La La Land.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

La La Land just didn't work for me. I suppose it's a matter of environment.
    No, it's a matter of genetics!
    I need to watch that Three Stooges short again to figure it out.
    Anyway, I always HATED musicals, then I saw CHICAGO, and I absolutely loved it. I also love BY THE SEA. But I detested MOULIN ROUGE and I could NEVER get past the first five minutes of WEST SIDE STORY. I guess it depends on your mood or --- something else I really can't explain about musicals, or movies with lots of music in them. THE BLUES BROTHERS is on my top 10 favorite movies list.
    The part of LA LA LAND that made me laugh was when "John Snow's" eyes popped open in the first musical number on the freeway. I thought that was clever, because I got the joke!
    See, I'm the opposite, I LOVE musicals. The gayest straight dude ever, I know, but I can't help it. That being said, out of the handful of musicals I dislike, Chicago is definitely present. Yuck.

Secondly, I just rewatched the freeway scene to figurebout the Jon Snow reference you were talking about, and I'm still lost, lol

And thirdly: https://youtu.be/xVVqlm8Fq3Y

There's no way you, as a film fan, can't appreciate that scene. The song, the choreography, even the camerawork is phenomenal. Explain it to me! Lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Jon Snow joke was in Jimmy Fallon's La La Land opening number for an awards show, not the actual movie ... Lol

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

1. It happens.
    2. I just found the video, it was a parody of the opening number from La La Land for some awards show. Eyes opening, Stranger Things kids rapping, Barb's alive, Justin Timberlake, etc. To have that sort of joke in La La Land would definitely be out of left field as it's not that type of movie.
    5. Never saw it, the trailer reminded me a little too much of Big Fat Greek Wedding, Divine Sisters, Travelling Pants movies.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Blue Ruin - 3.5/5
    Green Room - 4/5

So I went on a Jeremy Saulnier run after seeing all the praise on here. He's definitely a director to keep an eye on, but I don't know if he's on that Ari Aster, Robert Eggers plane yet. Need to see a little more from his films first. Hopefully his next film is a knockout.
    No, he's probably not. It's been a long time since we've seen a director come out of the gate like Aster. Recently, Damien Chazelle comes to mind.

I'm glad you enjoyed those two though.

I don't think any director has come out of the gate harder in the past 10 years than Villeneuve...Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner. The last director I can remember to his that sweet spot of critical success and commercial success quite like Villeneuve would be David Fincher. Tarantino too, but more Fincher since Tarantino is more in the auteur sense.
    Can't argue with that.

Watched ZOMBIELAND DOUBLE TAP last night.
    I did not care much for the first one, liked this one a little better, actually laughed twice.
    The humor is just too sophomoric for me, and even though I don't gross out easily, some of the stuff in this movie made me cringe.
    I did like some of the music, which sounded good on my sound system.
    This makes no sense. Double Tap is essentially the same film as the original Zombieland. What didn't you like about the first film? To me, if you like one, you should like the other.

I like to give (almost) everything a chance, although there are some movies I refuse to see.
    Heck, I even went to see LA LA LAND, so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    I did find one thing about LLL amusing, but that one second did not a movie make!
    La La Land is fantastic. You don't have to be female to enjoy it. That's just stupid.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I watched The Meddler with Susan Sarandon and Rose Byrne. I would rate it 2.5/5.
    "Sometimes dead is better." ~ Jud Crandall

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I apologize for being senseless and stupid and will avoid this thread from now on.
    Fight, fight, fight!

My argument is that saying someone has to be female to enjoy a movie IS a stupid thing to say. The only problem with that is that Fernando didn't say that, lol.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Butterfly Effect - 1.5/5
    Finally watched this. Any points this film gets is for its premise only (and even that isn't wholly original). Everything about that film is amateur hour; the editing, the ebb and flow of the story, the atrocious acting by Kutcher. Jesus what a clunker.
    I am so happy you said that. Since I watched it I've had a vague feeling something has to be said. Now I can relax: it has been done, with nothing much to add.

As the ending unfolded, the only thing I could think of was

Dark Tower spoilers I guess?
    Why, of course . Only the movie is so much more hopeless than that. It makes you think that
    theoretical Triangle spoiler

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Looks like I forgot to mention that I saw Hot Fuzz a couple months ago. Same level of greatness as Shaun Of The Dead
    you don't say! Shaun was one of the movies where I laughed so hard my belly actually (not metaphorically) hurt. Now feel like I have to watch Hot Fuzz.

Country
    Country Flag

I apologize for being senseless and stupid and will avoid this thread from now on.
    I hope it is a joke, right?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Looks like I forgot to mention that I saw Hot Fuzz a couple months ago. Same level of greatness as Shaun Of The Dead
    you don't say! Shaun was one of the movies where I laughed so hard my belly actually (not metaphorically) hurt. Now feel like I have to watch Hot Fuzz.
    Oh yes. It's made by the same team as Shaun. In some ways, Hot Fuzz is very different, but has a lot of the same style and comedy.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Knives Out - 5/5

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Jean;1197185]

As the ending unfolded, the only thing I could think of was

Dark Tower spoilers I guess?
    Why, of course . Only the movie is so much more hopeless than that. It makes you think that
    theoretical Triangle spoiler

Fernando, did you watch Triangle because of my Hidden Gems list?

As for the ending to Triangle
    Spoiler:
    She talks about her autistic son early on in the movie about how everything always has be done in the same way, every day, or he flips out. We end up seeing that she abuses him and treats him like garbage because she just can't deal with him anymore. Much like the myth of Sisyphus that they reference in the film, who has to roll the boulder up the hill only for it to roll back down again, over and over, she too is in a similar hell. In her hell, she is experiencing what it is like to be her son, where everything has to be done the same way over and over again, and just when she's learned her lesson, or about to, she's forced to do it all over again.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, actually my girl is freaking obsessed with time travel type movies (lucky me ) and she bugged me for days about watching it. I'm glad I finally gave in.

Also, Hidden Gems list? Is that a separate thread?

As for the ending to Triangle
    Spoiler:
    She talks about her autistic son early on in the movie about how everything always has be done in the same way, every day, or he flips out. We end up seeing that she abuses him and treats him like garbage because she just can't deal with him anymore. Much like the myth of Sisyphus that they reference in the film, who has to roll the boulder up the hill only for it to roll back down again, over and over, she too is in a similar hell. In her hell, she is experiencing what it is like to be her son, where everything has to be done the same way over and over again, and just when she's learned her lesson, or about to, she's forced to do it all over again.
    Spoiler:
    Once they started talking about Sisyphus I knew where the story was headed, but it was still heartbreaking to see.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Report - 4/5

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, actually my girl is freaking obsessed with time travel type movies (lucky me ) and she bugged me for days about watching it. I'm glad I finally gave in.
    Your girl knows about obscure films like Triangle and my ex never saw Jurassic Park lol. Enjoy your luck!

Also, Hidden Gems list? Is that a separate thread?
    My hidden Gems of the last decade I put up on my website.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not what I meant. You're not stupid. It was a stupid comment. It's like saying you have to be a man to like John Wick. Tons of women like films that are aimed towards men. That's all I meant.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, actually my girl fiancé is freaking obsessed with time travel type movies (lucky me ) and she bugged me for days about watching it. I'm glad I finally gave in.
    I fixed your sentence for you.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Feev, I'm pretty positive you seen Timecrimes correct?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Feev, I'm pretty positive you seen Timecrimes correct?
    That was a great little movie!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Midnight Meat Train.... wow. Still shocked. 8/10 hard to believe that Bradley Cooper is in this. We loved it. Great movie and the ending? Yessssss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 441 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 383 391 431 ... LastLast