Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 441 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    There was so much BS surrounding The Hunt and it was all a bunch of garbage. There's nothing wrong with the film and I could argue the film paints liberals in an even worse light. Both sides get skewered. Literally.
    Agreed. It was all blown out of proportion. I'd even venture to say that the (ridiculous) negative publicity led to a higher number of casual moviegoers going to see it/rent it because they were curious. The Hunt is a fine movie, but I really think it is and will be remembered for the political outrage surrounding its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I watched Up in the Air again. Talk about a film that subverts expectations brilliantly.
    I love that one. I really should give it a re-watch sometime soon but I'm always afraid that films I loved on the first watch won't elicit the same feelings on a re-watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    There was so much BS surrounding The Hunt and it was all a bunch of garbage. There's nothing wrong with the film and I could argue the film paints liberals in an even worse light. Both sides get skewered. Literally.
    Agreed. It was all blown out of proportion. I'd even venture to say that the (ridiculous) negative publicity led to a higher number of casual moviegoers going to see it/rent it because they were curious. The Hunt is a fine movie, but I really think it is and will be remembered for the political outrage surrounding its release.

I watched Up in the Air again. Talk about a film that subverts expectations brilliantly.
    I love that one. I really should give it a re-watch sometime soon but I'm always afraid that films I loved on the first watch won't elicit the same feelings on a re-watch.
    I've watched it like 10 times. I only enjoy it more now.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Old is a solid film. Good performances, great filmmaking, and a typical flawed M. Night narrative... though not sure if that's his fault or the source materials fault. Not a bad first theater experience in nearly 18 months.

8/10

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Old is a solid film. Good performances, great filmmaking, and a typical flawed M. Night narrative... though not sure if that's his fault or the source materials fault. Not a bad first theater experience in nearly 18 months.

8/10
    Worth seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

8/10
    Worth seeing?

You'll likely hate the ending, which is easily it's weakest part. But the journey is pretty good. Worth seeing, but it's hard to tell how anyone with react to a Shyamalan.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Old"
    Tedious with an ending that is no surprise. In the movie people age 1 year every 30 minutes. I walked out of the 2 hour movie feeling 10 years older.
    3/6 on the RFSRS.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"American Ultra" starring, Jesse Eisenberg among other notables. One of those "Deep Cover Mole" spy films with tons of well done action. I hadn't heard squat about this film. I just stumbled to it on, Netflix and was pleasantly surprised. It was an enjoyable film with some laughs and great action sequences, IMHO. I give it 4.5 beers out of 6 beers on the RFMRS
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Out Of Death (2021)
    Bruce Willis, please retire. Possibly the worst movie I ever watched. Acting, story, lighting, directing....name it and it was offensive. Bruce is in the movie for 15 minutes, 3 more if you count the stunt doubles jogging for him. He says his lines with the enthusiasm of a junkie on NyQuil. Third grade plays have better acting and directing than this infested after birth garbage.
    0/5 on the RFBS
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Kodachrome with Jason Sudeikis, Ed Harris and Elizabeth Olsen, about a 30-ish man and his estranged father.

I'll admit it is decent (which is to say, not actually bad) and enjoyable, but it doesn't hit the heights of family drama reached by something like The Hollars (which was excellent - go watch it). It is quite predictable and paint-by-numbers in what it does and how it does it, and, while Sudeikis is a serviceable dramatic actor, he isn't good enough to support material like this (unlike John Krasinski in The Hollars, who is). Elizabeth Olsen...I know everyone raves about her, but not me; the best I can say is that perhaps she is actually a good actress who did a great job playing a genuinely irritating character. Ed Harris, on the other hand, delivers like a right hook (as always). It was good to see old friends Bruce Greenwood (Thirteen Days, Doctor Sleep, Nowhere Man - has anyone seen this?) and Wendy Crewson (recovered wet blanket Laura from The Santa Clause trilogy) in smaller roles.

If the trailer looks like something that appeals to you, go for it; otherwise, no rush.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Extraction": It's playing on, Netflix and stars, "Thor" (Chris Hemsworth). Set in, Bangladesh this is a fast paced, high octane military hostage rescue that rivals, John Wick. I can't say enough good things about this film which, I was surprised to enjoy greatly. Loads of well done action it only takes a couple of breathers along the way. just go watch it. I think you will agree.

I give it 5.5 beers out of 6 on the RFMRS!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

8/10
    Worth seeing?

You'll likely hate the ending, which is easily it's weakest part. But the journey is pretty good. Worth seeing, but it's hard to tell how anyone with react to a Shyamalan.
    We all LOVED IT. And the ending really worked for us. IT was a good way to do it that would not have been too silly. I was ok with it for sure BUT the intense journey there was SUCH A RIDE. My fav M. Night is Unbreakable.. by a long shot. Then Signs, Sizth Sense.. then I have to say.. OLD!!!! I thought it was well done and I would also go 8-8.5/10 like you. It was fun to see in the theater
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Extraction last year. It was one of the highlights of the virus and one of the best films released during the pandemic.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Extraction last year. It was one of the highlights of the virus and one of the best films released during the pandemic.
    Yeah, I know I'm old and slow to the draw!!! LOL But I gotta say, I really enjoyed this film and the fight scenes really reminded me of the "John Wick" films!!! Glad you enjoyed it as well. You, mae and Ferny are pretty much my "go to" guys with a lot of these films!!! Even though, Mae, especially seems to enjoy the "Indy/Foreign films a lot more than I do. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    "American Ultra" starring, Jesse Eisenberg among other notables. One of those "Deep Cover Mole" spy films with tons of well done action. I hadn't heard squat about this film. I just stumbled to it on, Netflix and was pleasantly surprised. It was an enjoyable film with some laughs and great action sequences, IMHO. I give it 4.5 beers out of 6 beers on the RFMRS

Curious what you think of this

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen a League of Their Own since I was a kid. Still great. More thoughts posted to Letterboxd.

https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...-of-their-own/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stillwater

Easily one of the best films of the year so far. Matt Damon is excellent and Tom McCarthy is just a really good filmmaker. Stillwater is the kind of film we used to get all the time in the 90s that Hollywood just doesn't make anymore. I know this isn't the kind of film mainstream audiences go see anymore, but it's worth a trip to the theater.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stillwater

Easily one of the best films of the year so far. Matt Damon is excellent and Tom McCarthy is just a really good filmmaker. Stillwater is the kind of film we used to get all the time in the 90s that Hollywood just doesn't make anymore. I know this isn't the kind of film mainstream audiences go see anymore, but it's worth a trip to the theater.
    Sounds interesting. Got anymore info? Like where it's currently available to watch and perhaps some more content info. I'll likely give it a watch. Your suggestions have been spot on for me lately. Guess I'm liking your style. Scary, ain't it? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Jungle Cruise. I wanted to see Green Knight but the wife won... and it was fun I won't lie. The Rock was very funny and Blunt and him paired well. I enjoyed it. 7.5/10.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Stillwater

The girl that film was based on went off on the other day over it. Pretty good read.

https://amandamarieknox.medium.com/w...e-93561f83e502

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Suicide Squad last night and found it to be one of the better DC movies. James Gunn has finally made me like a Margot Robbie Harley performance as I thought she was underwhelming in her other appearances. I still think there was too much Harley in it and would have preferred more screen time with the lesser known characters. Not as good as Gunn's Guardian movies but damn close. 4 out of 5 stars for me.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Watched The Suicide Squad last night and found it to be one of the better DC movies. James Gunn has finally made me like a Margot Robbie Harley performance as I thought she was underwhelming in her other appearances. I still think there was too much Harley in it and would have preferred more screen time with the lesser known characters. Not as good as Gunn's Guardian movies but damn close. 4 out of 5 stars for me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Suicide Squad. Wow. Not many DC better than this. Maybe one or two of them like the Dark Knight and original Superman. Funny? Wow I’d say. John Cena stole the show for me but wow shows you the director and what one can do because I loved Harly Quinn as well and have hated her before pretty much. She has one of the best scenes in the whole thing!! Such a great movie. And super funny! 9/10 And maybe 9.5….

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Suicide Squad gets a 4/5 from me.

More in-depth review here: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...suicide-squad/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Suicide Squad gets a 4/5 from me.

More in-depth review here: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...suicide-squad/
    Me 2!!!! Gunn is Gold!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched The Suicide Squad. Definitely a huge improvement from the last one. To be honest, it felt like the film that the 2016 one tried to be and failed, especially when it came to the soundtrack. The last one had some great songs in it, but they never worked well with the visuals. It was like the opposite of watching Baby Driver. This one? So much more satisfying - the moment Jim Carroll started playing, I had a big smile on my face. The dialogue was often fantastic, giving us a lot of hilarious quotes. And it didn't aim too hard to be a typical superhero movie, which was definitely a plus. A really fun watch.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 441 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 ... LastLast