Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 441 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    You were 6!?! That makes that story even more amazing. To be impacted by a film at such a young age is so incredible. Thank you for sharing. Do you remember if you understood the ending? Did that click or did you have to have it explained?

Love the memorabilia too. The Statue of Liberty in the sand is a really nice piece.

Also, I'm sure you weren't able to appreciate Nova until you were a little older.
    To the best of my recollection, it clicked, but I needed confirmation from my parents. I was obsessed with Planet of the Apes. I think that the Apes series was responsible for my love of film. My father took me to all four of the subsequent sequels, and I even liked the tv series. They were event films for me. Then two years after the final Apes film came out, Jaws came out, and I had a new obsession - Jaws remains my favorite film of all time. I was lucky to have so many event films in my life. And yes, my Nova obsession came a bit later, right about the time I discovered One Million Years B.C. on one Saturday after noon on tv and became obsessed with Raquel Welch - funny, she and Nova had similar costumes.
    It truly is powerful to see the impact film can have on one's life.

Let me ask you, did you enjoy the recent Planet of the Apes films? I'm not counting the Tim Burton film.
    I went to see them with admitted skepticism, but in the end I loved every minute of the new series. It was a brilliant reimagining of the origin, essentially taking the place of Conquest of, and Battle for the Planet of the Apes. I really enjoyed the many Easter eggs throughout. If you recall, they mention a manned mission to Mars in the first film. My hope is that they use that tidbit to propel a new trilogy reminiscent of the initial two films.

Burton's version is a -12 on a scale of 1-10, and that is being kind.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    How much of that 75% is affected by idiots on their cell phones, taking 20 minutes to open a crinkly bag of candy, talking to their friends, and getting up every 4 minutes to go get another soda during the film?
    wow, so true! I totally forgot about those. I was in the movie theater... what, four, five years ago?... and five more years before that... and so on. Well, they don't show movies I want to see anyway.
    And . . . HI, Bear!
    How is the Terrence Malick exploration going?
    hi! ::waves paw::
    the exploration is going splendid: on to The Thin Red Line, hopefully this weekend

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    How much of that 75% is affected by idiots on their cell phones, taking 20 minutes to open a crinkly bag of candy, talking to their friends, and getting up every 4 minutes to go get another soda during the film?
    wow, so true! I totally forgot about those. I was in the movie theater... what, four, five years ago?... and five more years before that... and so on. Well, they don't show movies I want to see anyway.
    And . . . HI, Bear!
    How is the Terrence Malick exploration going?
    hi! ::waves paw::
    the exploration is going splendid: on to The Thin Red Line, hopefully this weekend
    Malick痴 three films following his 20 year break, The Thin Red Line, The New World, and especially The Tree of Life are all masterpieces to me. I知 always excited to see what he does next even if he misfires.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard from a few people now that I'm Thinking of Ending Things is one of the most depressing, miserable films they've ever watched.

Naturally I'm dying to see it now. Maybe I'll catch it later today

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I've heard from a few people now that I'm Thinking of Ending Things is one of the most depressing, miserable films they've ever watched.

Weird, from the title I would have thought it'd be more upbeat. Shrug.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching Grand Budapest and What we Do in the Shadows. STRONG love here... so hey... I will try them!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

Weird, from the title I would have thought it'd be more upbeat. Shrug.
    Spoiler:
    It's funny, that's the same line of thinking I used when I heard the title of the film. It's part of the reason I guessed where the film was going. However, they want you to think it has to do with a breakup.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Watching Grand Budapest and What we Do in the Shadows. STRONG love here... so hey... I will try them!
    You're not going to like Grand Budapest.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched (D)Ad Astra. It's not what I was expecting (I expected a more "into the unknown of space" film) yet I have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit. The world itself felt so loved in. It almost felt like it could've been a prequel to Alien with how everyday space travel was getting. In many ways the film was a classic adventure type film where the character has a goal and we see their long,arduous journey to reach it. Stellar (ong punz) production design and photography.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eurovision Song Contest: Story of Fire Saga

Most of the movie: 1 or 2 out of 5. Almost turn-offable.

Most of the songs: 4 out of 5. Amazing.

Hard to rate overall, but by the end, enjoyable enough to recommend the movie based on the songs alone.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you mean a 4/5.

But I'm with you. The songs are amazing. I bought the soundtrack and have been listening to it like crazy. Ja Ja Ding Dong!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

T E N E T

A big, bombastic, thrillingly entertaining yet equally bewildering espionage film, Tenet is both Nolan at his absolute best and absolute worst.

The high concept premise lends itself to tantalizing action spectacle and stylistic bravado, but as is often the case in Nolan's films, the human element gets short changed. There is a constant stream of exposition which must be bottle necked into those precious moments where things aren't being blown up. (And let's not talk about the dialogue being barely audible over the booming score which makes an already complex story even more confusing, seriously this is a big problem that needs to be addressed). The overall premise can come across as just a little goofy sometimes without fleshed out character motivations to substantiate it.

Fortunately when the film is on, it's really on. The twisty narrative and outstanding technical craftsmanship help propel the film into dazzling territory that is something to admire, even by Nolan's standards. Washington's nameless Protagonist is a cunning, charming, and bruising lead that gives the film a strong focal point. Pattinson steals the spotlight in most scenes he's in as sly and mysterious operative that knows more than he lets on. Their dry-humored exchanges are some of the films best personal moments.

All told, this is another solid entry in Nolan's portfolio, I just wish there had been less roadblocks preventing it from becoming one of his all time best.

3.5/5

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make my showing so I had to cancel. Maybe next weekend.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Naturally I'm dying to see it now
    Definitely. So are bears. Doubtlessly.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Devil all the Time. I知 a HUGE Tom Holland fan. I think he is the next big thing. He is my fav Marvel actor hands down too. So I知 very excited for this on Netflix and will watch soon. Has anyone seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Tenet- fernandito is dead on on his review. Long but fun and confusing at times.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem痴 Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Devil all the Time. I知 a HUGE Tom Holland fan. I think he is the next big thing. He is my fav Marvel actor hands down too. So I知 very excited for this on Netflix and will watch soon. Has anyone seen it?
    Not yet but I'm watching it this weekend. It looks right up my alley, and Holland/Pattinson look like they'll play perfectly off each other.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen it just yet, but I'm not so sure you're going to like that one. I say it's a 50/50 chance.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen it just yet, but I'm not so sure you're going to like that one. I say it's a 50/50 chance.
    I LOVE both actors though. My top
    Guys. I did avoid the Hotel one but watched Winters Bone. It was ok... I wasn稚 smitten with it at all though. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys. I did avoid the Hotel one but watched Winters Bone. It was ok... I wasn稚 smitten with it at all though. Lol
    Hopefully, you like it. I'm getting slow burn vibes from this one.

Country
    Country Flag

Well shit..... love what I知 seeing. ALOT. This is one fine movie. It痴 so good. Hour in and wife had to go so asked me to save the rest till tomorow!! Grrrr. Dying to see more!!! I知 surprised I like it so much.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I watched it last night as well and really enjoyed it. It's quite a brutal movie. I've never heard of the book. Has anyone read it? Also I noticed during the credits that the author is the one that narrated the film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I watched it last night as well and really enjoyed it. It's quite a brutal movie. I've never heard of the book. Has anyone read it? Also I noticed during the credits that the author is the one that narrated the film.
    Brutal isnt the word... damm. I cannot imagine what is to come after the first scenes...Ill never forget that soldier on the cross!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I watched it. It was extremely well acted, depressing with how people's lives went throughout the story, and overall a sad overall storyline. However, I felt the movie wasn't captivating or it didn't captivate me enough to love the film. I loved the acting, just not the actions or intelligence of some of the characters. Pattison really did a great job and so did Holland, they were impressive. 3/5
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

music to my big ears.

Country
    Country Flag

Finished it... Tom Holland is gonna be a mega superstar like Ford, Crusie.... many other iconics. He is that good I think. Movie was very sad and brutal. Well acted (Patterson is soooo good) and the story is depressing. I love that Netflix gives directors more control than big studios.... you can really sense it in some of their productions. Well worth a watch. 7.5/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 441 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 ... LastLast