Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 441 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Triangle too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Watched a couple films last night
    • Sorry to Bother You - 4/5
    • Triangle - 4.5/5
    Sorry to Bother You is such a unique mind fuck. More people need to check that one out.
    It's good. A little heavy handed, but it's certainly unique.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes, Triangle too.
    I loved it. It's so great when a film sneaks up on you like this and you end up liking it more than you thought you would.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Watched a couple films last night
    • Sorry to Bother You - 4/5
    • Triangle - 4.5/5
    Sorry to Bother You is such a unique mind fuck. More people need to check that one out.
    It's good. A little heavy handed, but it's certainly unique.

Yes, Triangle too.
    I loved it. It's so great when a film sneaks up on you like this and you end up liking it more than you thought you would.
    A buddy mentioned Sorry to Bother You to watch a year ago. I really liked it and I never saw anything coming. It was definitely something to watch that no one talks about.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently watched Slaughterhouse Rulez, mainly because it has Simon Pegg. Of course, movies with Simon Pegg aren't automatically "Simon Pegg movies," but this also has Nick Frost (who costars with Pegg in greatness such as Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz), so I figured I was in for a few laughs.

It turned out I was in for very few laughs. It wasn't terrible, but I can't praise it much. Still, anyone attracted by the trailer should probably go ahead and give it a chance.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Platform... on Netflix is one fall good horror movie. It’s insane. 8.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hearing good things about this one. I'm intrigued.
    Watched The Platform and, wow! It's insane in some really interesting ways. Fascinatingly original. Leaves you with lots to process. I agree with 8.5/10 - surprised that Kris and I finally agree on something movie related.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Platform... on Netflix is one fall good horror movie. It’s insane. 8.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hearing good things about this one. I'm intrigued.
    Watched The Platform and, wow! It's insane in some really interesting ways. Fascinatingly original. Leaves you with lots to process. I agree with 8.5/10 - surprised that Kris and I finally agree on something movie related.
    haha We do on some stuff brother!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I stayed away from Platform because everyone I spoke to said it sucked, and online impressions aren't favorable either. Are y'all telling me that's not the case?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Platform definitely does not suck. I could see some elements that some viewers wouldn't like, but I really enjoyed it overall. The ending fell a little flat for me, though.

I watched Color Out of Space today and...well, that was somethin'.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I put TRIANGLE on my Netflix list, thanks.
    SORRY TO BOTHER YOU sounded familiar. I found it on my movies I've seen at the theater list, and then I sort of remembered not liking it very much, but I can hardly remember it.
    Hmmm, either you are thinking of another film or you weren't paying attention. I can see Sorry to Bother You being a film people hate, but it's not something that should vanish from one's memory very easily. Especially about halfway through the film where it's revealed
    Spoiler:
    there are talking horse people.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Platform was flatform. Had great potential and was decent most of the way. The ending was sadly horrible. Ruined a good movie.
    Peanut Butter Falcon was awesome.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't bother with "Underwater" or "The Way Back". Underwater, could have been a decent film if not for the fact that there are some hard to swallow tech elements and three quarters of the film is so dark and well, underwater that you can't follow the action. "The Way Back" begins as a typical film in the genre and plays fairly well, but then about two thirds of the way through forgets what it is and abruptly finish's with no moral message or redemption. Suffice to say that you never really see, Affleck find a way back in the end.

Anyone watch, The Last Full Measure" since I last posted about it? Curious what others might have to say.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Triangle too.
    my feelings exactly. I started watching it with interest, then, approximately one third in, grew bored and sure it wouldn't get any better; then it suddenly did, then it ended superbly, and remained in memory, in an uneasy way (it's a praise).

The last movie I saw was Gretel & Hansel. It had everything to become a great film: the premise, the actors, the cinematography; also, it was Canadian, which always makes a bear expect something from a horror movie. But it desperately lacked screenwriting, and, alas, came to nothing; I can hardly call it a movie at all. Just... some video-phantasy on a theme. Very disappointed.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

G&H is on my Netflix list.
    I know I'll be disappointed, but I have to see it anyway.
    Sometimes a downward shift in expectations just before seeing/reading something actually helps - maybe you'll luck out and like it after all.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Yes, Triangle too.
    my feelings exactly. I started watching it with interest, then, approximately one third in, grew bored and sure it wouldn't get any better; then it suddenly did, then it ended superbly, and remained in memory, in an uneasy way (it's a praise).
    As the ending unfolded, the only thing I could think of was

Dark Tower spoilers I guess?

The last movie I saw was Gretel & Hansel. It had everything to become a great film: the premise, the actors, the cinematography; also, it was Canadian, which always makes a bear expect something from a horror movie. But it desperately lacked screenwriting, and, alas, came to nothing; I can hardly call it a movie at all. Just... some video-phantasy on a theme. Very disappointed.
    *audible sigh*

It was my girl's choice for date night, and she chose this movie of all movies to watch, and I agreed even though I knew it was going to be bad. It had its moments, but overall it's just as you said - a hollow attempt at film making.

But hey, at least she was happy

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

G&H was just ok. Didn’t love it, didn’t hate it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Platform was flatform. Had great potential and was decent most of the way. The ending was sadly horrible. Ruined a good movie.
    I wouldn't say that the ending ruined the movie, but I agree that it fell flat. I expected another 5-10 minutes after the film ended to see what happened after
    Spoiler:
    he sent the girl up.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Underwater...three quarters of the film is so dark and well, underwater that you can't follow the action.
    This was one of my big problems with it as well. I had trouble following a lot of what was going on. Along with the underwater darkness of everything, the camera movements were so herky-jerky.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I really, truly saw it, it just didn't make that much of an impression I guess. Different strokes for different folks.
    I saw THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON today and thought it was pretty good.
    That's cool. I get that. Did it ring a bell when I mentioned the
    Spoiler:
    horse people
    though?

The Peanut Butter Falcon was really uplifting film. I loved it.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Gentlemen yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd have to give it a 4 out of 5. It might have been higher but I sometimes thought I was watching a McConaughey commercial for an unspecified product.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Blue Ruin - 3.5/5
    Green Room - 4/5

So I went on a Jeremy Saulnier run after seeing all the praise on here. He's definitely a director to keep an eye on, but I don't know if he's on that Ari Aster, Robert Eggers plane yet. Need to see a little more from his films first. Hopefully his next film is a knockout.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Blue Ruin - 3.5/5
    Green Room - 4/5

So I went on a Jeremy Saulnier run after seeing all the praise on here. He's definitely a director to keep an eye on, but I don't know if he's on that Ari Aster, Robert Eggers plane yet. Need to see a little more from his films first. Hopefully his next film is a knockout.
    No, he's probably not. It's been a long time since we've seen a director come out of the gate like Aster. Recently, Damien Chazelle comes to mind.

I'm glad you enjoyed those two though.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm a little out of the loop, but Rose and I just watched the latest Grudge movie.

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Extraction.... great Netflix movie that would have shown better in theatres. 7.5/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    So, I'm a little out of the loop, but Rose and I just watched the latest Grudge movie.

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
    I haven't seen it yet but my hopes aren't high. I'll take anything with Lin Shaye, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I recently watched Slaughterhouse Rulez, mainly because it has Simon Pegg. Of course, movies with Simon Pegg aren't automatically "Simon Pegg movies," but this also has Nick Frost (who costars with Pegg in greatness such as Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz)...
    Looks like I forgot to mention that I saw Hot Fuzz a couple months ago. Same level of greatness as Shaun Of The Dead, which is to say - very high. At the beginning of the movie, I saw Martin Freeman, Bill Nighy and Steve Coogan (I fucking love Coogan; he's my favorite part of The Other Guys - "not a bribe") and thought my God, I had no idea, this is going to be amazing, but then they were in virtually none of the movie, just very small roles. Still, it was cool that they popped up at all.

Even beyond those, the cast had some nice surprises: Timothy Dalton, David Bradley, Jim Broadbent, Bill Bailey!, Lucy Punch...and then we have Olivia Colman. A) she's a great actress in general (Broadchurch, yes, but more too - seek her out if you're unfamiliar); B) it's cool that, as accomplished as she is with drama, she'll do a goofy comedy such as this, and C)...I have never gotten this vibe from her before...and I did not know I could even get this vibe from her. I'll just say I enjoyed her presence here and leave it at that.

I guess what I'm really searching for in life is more Pegg/Frost/Edgar Wright movies, because these are the ones that kick total ass. (There is but one more of these that I haven't seen: The World's End, which I'll see just as soon as it's available for free to me.) Pegg has said that they'll definitely do another when they can find time, and that's welcome news.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Watched The Gentlemen last night. It started off a bit slow with all the narration and jumping to quick clips of what had happened, but once that settled down it got better. I kind of wish he omitted that storytelling aspect from the film and I think I would have enjoyed it immensely more. It was definitely more in line with his earlier works which I love, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as those. Maybe I went in with too high of expectations or something.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 441 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 ... LastLast