Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 441 FirstFirst ... 310 360 400 408 409 410 411 412 420 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally saw Promising Young Woman. I really enjoyed it but hated, hated, hated that
    Spoiler:
    Cassie died. I get that she got her revenge from beyond the grave (and I like how she got the last word even in death), but the tone of that ending didn't 100% work for me. I mean, she wins in a sense, but only after being brutally murdered.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wrath of Man is Guy Ritchie’s best movie. Hands down. 9/10
    That's impossible.

I find it hard to believe it's better than The Gentlemen, let alone Lock Stock and Snatch. That said, I will give it a fair shake.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That's impossible.

I find it hard to believe it's better than The Gentleman, let alone Lock Stock and Snatch. That said, I will give it a fair shake.
    It’s a well crafted show. I liked it better than all those. It’s my favourite Guy Movie. Such a great way he tells this story. Highly recommend seeing this ASAP!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Finally saw Promising Young Woman. I really enjoyed it but hated, hated, hated that
    Spoiler:
    Cassie died. I get that she got her revenge from beyond the grave (and I like how she got the last word even in death), but the tone of that ending didn't 100% work for me. I mean, she wins in a sense, but only after being brutally murdered.
    I disagree completely and I've had this discussion before. For me,
    Spoiler:
    the film was made by the ending. Cassie couldn't move on. There are some things in life that happen to a person that some people just can't overcome. Cassie was doing pretty well for a little while, but everything came flooding back to her. I truly felt that it was going to be impossible for Cassie to live a happy, productive life knowing what happened to her best friend.

The ending is something that really pissed off a lot of people, but I thought it was perfect.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I disagree completely and I've had this discussion before. For me,
    Spoiler:
    the film was made by the ending. Cassie couldn't move on. There are some things in life that happen to a person that some people just can't overcome. Cassie was doing pretty well for a little while, but everything came flooding back to her. I truly felt that it was going to be impossible for Cassie to live a happy, productive life knowing what happened to her best friend.

The ending is something that really pissed off a lot of people, but I thought it was perfect.
    Im 100000000000% with you on this. The ending was what I consider.. flawless.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me,
    Spoiler:
    There are some things in life that happen to a person that some people just can't overcome. I truly felt that it was going to be impossible for Cassie to live a happy, productive life knowing what happened to her best friend.
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I 100% agree with you. But I really liked and felt for her so naturally I hated what happened to her. I stand by what I said about the tone, though. Who knows, maybe it will play better on a re-watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Same. I really love Cassie as a character. I would be interested to hear what you think after another viewing.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

That's impossible.

I find it hard to believe it's better than The Gentlemen, let alone Lock Stock and Snatch. That said, I will give it a fair shake.
    The Gentlemen is by far a superior better written film. Wraith of Man wasn't bad, but the dialogue was meh.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

For me,
    Spoiler:
    There are some things in life that happen to a person that some people just can't overcome. I truly felt that it was going to be impossible for Cassie to live a happy, productive life knowing what happened to her best friend.
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I 100% agree with you. But I really liked and felt for her so naturally I hated what happened to her. I stand by what I said about the tone, though. Who knows, maybe it will play better on a re-watch.
    I'm torn between the ending. At one point, like Ricky, I feel the exact same way.
    On the other side, Cassie throws has herself to blame for living the life that she did and I feel it never really amounted to anything except being a bitter woman who never finished med-school while "other characters" succeeded in life. Now, if Cassie would have finished school and used those finances and knowledge, she could have fought head to head with what she was striving for in a more unique and diabolical way.
    I will add, like so many villains, she talked to much in the end. If you know what I mean. Not saying she was the villain, but...
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    That's impossible.

The Gentlemen is by far a superior better written film. Wraith of Man wasn't bad, but the dialogue was meh.
    The dialogue was nil reallt which made it so interesting. I loved Stathams character!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    That's impossible.

I agree. I usually just LUV, his films, but this felt like an American trying to make a Guy Ritchie film. Know what I mean?

Spoiler:
    He also should have given a nod to, QT with the FB style.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I had no idea he had another movie out now. I wasn't big on The Gentlemen, hopefully I like this one better. I'm not sure anything will top Lock, Stock and Snatch for me though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Snatch for me is his crown jewel.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Conjuring 3 - 2 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to the drive-in last night to see A Quiet Place 2. I enjoyed it although not as much as the first.
    Spoiler:
    Also that ending... are there plans for a third? It was wrapped up well enough if there isn't but we have no real conclusion with the family.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can watch Conjuring for 'free' on HBO Max, and even then I can't be bothered to check it out.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I watched Cruella last night, and I was really surprised by it. The main criticism I heard about it was that no one asked for a Cruella De Vil origin movie. Which ironically made me intrigued to watch it. It's easy to create demand around a live-action version of an animated classic (it's one of those things that sounds like a good idea, but usually isn't). But ideas that shouldn't work means a lot more incentive to get creative. And they certainly got creative with this one.

The first thing that stands out about Cruella is the sheer style of it. It really embraces 60s and 70s London and has so much fun with it, especially during the second half of the film. There's often a visual feast whenever Cruella decides to put on a show.

Aiding the sense of style is the soundtrack. Holy crap, this has to be one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard used in a Disney film. So many great songs used that compliment the visuals nicely, so I certainly approved of that.

But the most surprising aspect of Cruella is the genre: revenge movie. Not always the most PG-13 of genres. In fact, by almost its very nature, it requires darkness and violence. Cruella has that, but it also knows how to use them in a slightly more...family friendly style. It was interesting to watch. Rather than feeling subdued, it felt (and I know I'm using this word again, but it's true) creative. I respected the story and the way it was told.

Was an origin movie about a villain famous for wanting to skin over a hundred dogs really necessary? Not at all, but I certainly enjoyed the movie I watched. If you take Cruella on its own terms, it's a movie you can have a lot of fun with. One of the better live-action Disney movies I've seen in a long time.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I can watch Conjuring for 'free' on HBO Max, and even then I can't be bothered to check it out.
    it is pretty meh...

the 1st 10 minutes are good though!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomadland really punched my in the gut, emotionally
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Those Who Wish Me Dead. Really surprising and good. Didn’t know Michael Koryta wrote it til the closing credits. He has been on my to read list for awhile and now goes to the top.
    Taylor Sheridan is a hell of a director
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched a Belgian film from 2009 called Mr. Nobody. I'm not sure how it ended up in my Netflix queue, b/c I swear I've never heard of it. Perhaps from a recommendation from this site?

In a time where it seems 90% of movies are either 9th iterations of car chases or superheroes searching for magic rocks, it's so refreshing to see something intelligent, fresh, clever, and thought-provoking.

Anyway, within the first 5 minutes I realized this was not a run-of-the-mill movie. I was all in from the get go. What a fantastic movie. Immediately moved into my "top 25 of all time."

That movie has been in my list forever (probably since it was released) and I still have not watched it yet. I guess I'll have to bump it up the list.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I watched Cruella last night, and I was really surprised by it. The main criticism I heard about it was that no one asked for a Cruella De Vil origin movie. Which ironically made me intrigued to watch it. It's easy to create demand around a live-action version of an animated classic (it's one of those things that sounds like a good idea, but usually isn't). But ideas that shouldn't work means a lot more incentive to get creative. And they certainly got creative with this one.

The first thing that stands out about Cruella is the sheer style of it. It really embraces 60s and 70s London and has so much fun with it, especially during the second half of the film. There's often a visual feast whenever Cruella decides to put on a show.

Aiding the sense of style is the soundtrack. Holy crap, this has to be one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard used in a Disney film. So many great songs used that compliment the visuals nicely, so I certainly approved of that.

But the most surprising aspect of Cruella is the genre: revenge movie. Not always the most PG-13 of genres. In fact, by almost its very nature, it requires darkness and violence. Cruella has that, but it also knows how to use them in a slightly more...family friendly style. It was interesting to watch. Rather than feeling subdued, it felt (and I know I'm using this word again, but it's true) creative. I respected the story and the way it was told.

Was an origin movie about a villain famous for wanting to skin over a hundred dogs really necessary? Not at all, but I certainly enjoyed the movie I watched. If you take Cruella on its own terms, it's a movie you can have a lot of fun with. One of the better live-action Disney movies I've seen in a long time.
    Totally agree, James! Cruella was a huge surprise for me as well. It didn't feel like a Disney film at all.

As for Quiet Place 2, there will most certainly be a third film. I'm not sure if it will continue the story, or if we will get a prequel or not, but it's a huge franchise at this point. It sounds like Krasinski will step away from directing, which is always concerning, but as long as he produces, I'm hopeful. I believe he said he already has an idea for a 3rd film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

Totally agree, James! Cruella was a huge surprise for me as well. It didn't feel like a Disney film at all.

As for Quiet Place 2, there will most certainly be a third film. I'm not sure if it will continue the story, or if we will get a prequel or not, but it's a huge franchise at this point. It sounds like Krasinski will step away from directing, which is always concerning, but as long as he produces, I'm hopeful. I believe he said he already has an idea for a 3rd film.
    Got to "Ditto" here. I have been tracking our joint choices throughout the site I generally "Agree" with, Steve' picks. So he's my "Blockbuster Video of the month(s) Guy" (lol) on films he likes/dislikes the last 3 mos or so. Pretty impressive arc, right?

Spoiler:
    At the same time a "little scary" as well, right? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Cruella but I got into an argument with someone on Facebook because I said Cruella looks to follow a heroes journey because every villain is the hero of their own story and they took a typical framework for heroes and applied it to Cruella...and apparently that's impossible because she wants to make a coat out of dogs so she's a villain. I tried explaining that characters have their own perceptions of themselves that differs from the reader's perception, but apparently I didn't know what I was talking about.

I recently FINALLY watched Dracula because they dropped an episode of Re:View on it so I figured I may as well watch it and then watch that. If you like Dracula (or hate it) this is a terrific discussion on it that really made me appreciate the filmmaking even more.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 441 FirstFirst ... 310 360 400 408 409 410 411 412 420 ... LastLast