Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 441 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that film is trying its best to be everything it isn't

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Just saw Thor - The Dark World

Way better than the first Thor movie... Loki steals every scene he is in!

8/10
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't in the mood for anything serious so I just watched We're the Millers. Surprisingly, an awesome film. very funny. Probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time along with The Heat.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Delivery Man a couple of days ago and I am still trying to get the nasty green taste out of my mouth (a bit like unknowingly biting into a piece of moldy bread).
    Not a laugh in the entire movie, Overly maudlin (including the severely handicapped child), sticky, predictable.
    Nauseated.
    I give it 1/6 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System). It gets 1 beer instead of zero because I brought a beer in the theater and consumed it while watching this drivel.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 8.5/10

I didn't enjoy Catching Fire as much as the first film, but that's mainly because The Huger Games was new to me. That seems to always be the case for me when I'm unfamiliar with the previous work. When I watch the first film, that's always the one that sticks with me.

That being said, Catching Fire is really enjoyable and I couldn't believe how fast 2 hours and 26 minutes went by. The film sets up the rest of the series perfectly. Looking forward to seeing where they go from here. This is one franchise that seems to be going in the right direction.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you ever had any interest in the books, Mike? I read them last year to see what all the fuss was about ("they can't really be that good, can they?") and was blown away.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched Hot Fuzz. Good but I still love Shaun of the dead.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Have you ever had any interest in the books, Mike? I read them last year to see what all the fuss was about ("they can't really be that good, can they?") and was blown away.
    I read the first one and enjoyed it. I'm going to read each book after I watch the film. I wouldn't normally do that, but in this case I don't want the films to be ruined for me. If I read the books first, I will just sit there comparing the books to the films.

I thought the book was good, but I wasn't blown away. The story is pretty bare bones and the prose is pretty basic. Then again, I was reading it right after I read The Song of Ice and Fire series, which is so rich and full detail. They are just two completely different styles of writing meant for two completely different audiences.

I'm sure the other problem is that I had already seen the movie and knew what was going to happen. Obviously, the book does a nice job of fleshing out Katniss' inner thoughts.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

probably bears should try either the books or the films, depending on what they can first lay their paws on

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The books are what they are, fun Y/A reads with little depth. They tend to be very plot driven. The films, which follow the books very closely, are enjoyable in much the same way. I have read all three and enjoyed them, and I just saw Catching Fire the other night and give it a 9/10. You can't go wrong in either case, but if you are looking for depth, readers should look toward The Long Walk and Battle Royale, both were clear influences on Collins' work.

Just watched the original Miracle on 34th Street with my daughters - we all loved it.

Country
    Country Flag

movies or books don't have to be deep to be enjoyable! bears would read anything, provided it is not boring

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Catching Fire - It was very very good!

8.5/10
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hunger - 8.0

Interesting film. I continue to work through Fassbender's filmography. I'm a huge fan of his work. I'm also really starting to like Steve McQueen's work. I was hoping to see 12 Years a Slave in theaters, but it's already out of my local theater. It's possible they will release it again around Oscar season.

Anyway, Hunger is McQueen's first theatrical film. Most of the film is pretty bare bones. In fact, the first 20 minutes or so has very little dialogue at all. The highlight of the film for me is a 16 minute uncut scene of pure dialogue between Fassbender and Liam Cunningham. A master class in acting and dialogue if there ever was one. The scene perfectly sums up the whole film and poses questions about the Irish ordeal. It also begs the question of whether or not what the Irish were doing was the right thing or not. It tries to justify the cause and leaves the viewer wanting to learn more about a very dark time in history.

Really spectacular scene. Worth watching the movie for that alone.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Michael Fassbender. Absolutely amazing actor. Have you seen Shame? A lot of people didn't like it, and while I didn't particularly love the movie itself, Fassbender's performance was great.

Now, onto the reason I came into this forum. I have added a movie into my Top Thirty Favorite Movies list. It replaced Love, Actually.

Prisoners.

Absolutely amazing movie. I'm not even going to elaborate. Just ... watch it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just viewed "Old Boy". Bizarrre, visually stunning, complex and multi-layered story of revenge-perhaps for more than one person. Sweet, bitter, and bittersweet revenge.
    Spoiler:
    Samuel Jackson plays a small role and of course plays....Samuel Jackson MOTHERFUCKER! Clear midway through who Mia was.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the original Oldboy? If so, I'm curious as to how you would compare them. I've heard they've "changed the ending," so I'm not sure what they might have done.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Have you seen the original Oldboy? If so, I'm curious as to how you would compare them. I've heard they've "changed the ending," so I'm not sure what they might have done.
    I have not seen the original, but I am familiar with the original films ending. I can't compare them as I need to rent/buy/view the original version.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    movies or books don't have to be deep to be enjoyable!
    True. Unless they pretend to be deep while they are not. That's unenjoyable.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    movies or books don't have to be deep to be enjoyable!
    True. Unless they pretend to be deep while they are not. That's unenjoyable.
    This, totally.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oldboy: The ending is quite different, yet ends up at the same twist.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I have not seen the original, but I am familiar with the original films ending. I can't compare them as I need to rent/buy/view the original version.
    The original is available on Netflix.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hunger - 8.0

Interesting film. I continue to work through Fassbender's filmography. I'm a huge fan of his work. I'm also really starting to like Steve McQueen's work. I was hoping to see 12 Years a Slave in theaters, but it's already out of my local theater. It's possible they will release it again around Oscar season.

Anyway, Hunger is McQueen's first theatrical film. Most of the film is pretty bare bones. In fact, the first 20 minutes or so has very little dialogue at all. The highlight of the film for me is a 16 minute uncut scene of pure dialogue between Fassbender and Liam Cunningham. A master class in acting and dialogue if there ever was one. The scene perfectly sums up the whole film and poses questions about the Irish ordeal. It also begs the question of whether or not what the Irish were doing was the right thing or not. It tries to justify the cause and leaves the viewer wanting to learn more about a very dark time in history.

Really spectacular scene. Worth watching the movie for that alone.
    I didn't realize he did 12 Years a Slave which makes me want to see it more...Shame is top ten of this decade so far imo.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I love Michael Fassbender. Absolutely amazing actor. Have you seen Shame? A lot of people didn't like it, and while I didn't particularly love the movie itself, Fassbender's performance was great.

Now, onto the reason I came into this forum. I have added a movie into my Top Thirty Favorite Movies list. It replaced Love, Actually.

Prisoners.

Absolutely amazing movie. I'm not even going to elaborate. Just ... watch it.
    I have seen Shame. I'm trying to see all of Steve McQueen's films before he becomes a mega-director, which should be soon now that 12 Years a Slave is getting such critical praise. I thought Shame was really good. Fassbender and Mulligan were both really great. I remember having some discussion on these boards about the film and the very complicated relationship between Fassbender's character and Mulligan's character. Very interesting stuff.

If you like Fassbender, have you ever seen Fish Tank? Another great performance by him.

I also loved Prisoners. One of my top 10 films of the year.

A film that will not be making my top 10 best films of 2013 is Upside Down. I give the movie 3/10. It's one of the worst movies I've seen this year and will be a #1 candidate for the worst movie of the year when I do my top 10 least favorite film of 2013.

It was one of the more unintentionally funny films I've ever seen. I love sci-fi and I applaud any idea that is new and different, but this just didn't work for me. In fact, the movie is annoying to watch at times. Many of the scenes take place upside down. They come off so silly and really annoying.

If you want to see Jim Sturgess in a good sci-fi film, watch Cloud Atlas. It has a better love story too. Also, does Kirsten Dunst only do films where she makes out with a guy while he's upside down?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of Fish Tank. I will be downloading it tonight. I have Upside Down downloaded, the trailer looked pretty good.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    A film that will not be making my top 10 best films of 2013 is Upside Down. I give the movie 3/10. It's one of the worst movies I've seen this year and will be a #1 candidate for the worst movie of the year when I do my top 10 least favorite film of 2013.
    I felt the same, Mike. The trailer made me really excited to see it, but it was awful.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 441 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 ... LastLast