Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 441 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I found it slow. Yes. LOVED Brad Pitt. HE was def my favorite character and that ending!!!!! But yes, seemed like a lot of silly filler. The whole in Rome thing was just a waste of the viewers time and could have shortened the movie to a more respectable 2 hours. I would say you are pretty bang on but I had in my mind a 7. So very close brother!
    Damn! I was going to say 7!
    I loved the ending as well, just not a fan of the changing history approach. Otherwise, I wish it was shorter, but overall I really enjoyed the movie. Leo And Brad's acting was fantastic.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I found it slow. Yes. LOVED Brad Pitt. HE was def my favorite character and that ending!!!!! But yes, seemed like a lot of silly filler. The whole in Rome thing was just a waste of the viewers time and could have shortened the movie to a more respectable 2 hours. I would say you are pretty bang on but I had in my mind a 7. So very close brother!
    Damn! I was going to say 7!
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD - Despite all the gratuitous sex and violence - a 6 out of 10 for me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But really that low? Aw man.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

But really that low? Aw man.
    I enjoyed it. It's a pretty heart-warming film. I knew going in that Hanks is more of a supporting role, but for those not in the know, they could walk away a little disappointed.

I also saw Ford v. Ferrari this weekend. I enjoyed that one as well, but I couldn't help but feel like it didn't quite hit the mark of a top tier 2019 film for me. The performances were fantastic and the direction was great, but something was missing that didn't put it over the edge for me. This is not a knock against the film, at least it's not meant to be, but the film could have been made in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s. It just has that formulaic Hollywood feel that we got so used to. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but it means the film is very light on surprises etc.

In a weaker year, I could see both films cracking my top 10 for the year, but there's no way I see that happening this year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also saw Ford v. Ferrari this weekend....but something was missing that didn't put it over the edge for me. This is not a knock against the film, at least it's not meant to be, but the film could have been made in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s. It just has that formulaic Hollywood feel that we got so used to. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but it means the film is very light on surprises etc.
    How do you have "surprises" in a bio-film / true story?

This was a great movie. Second-best I've seen this year.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD - Despite all the gratuitous sex and violence - a 6 out of 10 for me.
    Just got back from seeing this. It's a "perfect" film. What I mean is, it accomplishes what it set out to do. Nary a single mis-step. If one is looking for killer robots, or gangsters seeking vengeance, or car chases, then, yes, one would be disappointed. But if you go in with the understanding that you are going to see a film about the true nature of Mr. Rogers, well, where are the faults?

Country
    Country Flag

MIDWAY

I never saw Pearl Harbor b/c I read reviews that suggested it was pretty much a sappy soap opera set amongst a military incident. But I read that Midway was more tied to the axtual battle.

I'm glad. I don't need a bunch of sappiness when watching a war movie based on a true event. I liked this a lot. The planning, the strategy, the Intel, the U.S. vs. the Japs. Really good movie. Thumbs up!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Just got back from seeing this. It's a "perfect" film. What I mean is, it accomplishes what it set out to do. Nary a single mis-step. If one is looking for killer robots, or gangsters seeking vengeance, or car chases, then, yes, one would be disappointed. But if you go in with the understanding that you are going to see a film about the true nature of Mr. Rogers, well, where are the faults?
    This movie made me realize what a horrible person I really am and I am thankful for that. I teared up more than once. It actually makes me want to be a better person as corny as that sounds.

If only Arthur Fleck had had a meeting with Mr. Rogers.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Have any of you seen the documentary that came out a year or two ago about Mr. Rogers? And how does this compare? I loved the documentary.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If only Arthur Fleck had had a meeting with Mr. Rogers.....
    Oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Have any of you seen the documentary that came out a year or two ago about Mr. Rogers? And how does this compare? I loved the documentary.
    I haven't seen either, but I was wondering the same thing.

Also, has anyone seen Frozen II? I haven't seen many reviews so was wondering how it was. I know it made a gajillion dollars already (not that money equates to quality).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I also saw Ford v. Ferrari this weekend....but something was missing that didn't put it over the edge for me. This is not a knock against the film, at least it's not meant to be, but the film could have been made in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s. It just has that formulaic Hollywood feel that we got so used to. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but it means the film is very light on surprises etc.
    How do you have "surprises" in a bio-film / true story?

This was a great movie. Second-best I've seen this year.
    Just because it's a true story, doesn't mean it can't have surprises. I had never heard of Ken Miles and although I've heard of the Shelby Cobra, I didn't know who it was named after. As a famous story, the Titanic this is not.

I suppose I'm about to contradict myself by saying the film actually had a pretty big surprise with
    Spoiler:
    the death of Ken Miles at the end.

I guess what I was trying to say is that I knew exactly where the film was going to go before it went there because I've seen similar films like it. Again, it's a really good film, I just think there's a few better than it this year.

I loved the documentary. It was such an uplifting film. This is nothing like it. You really don't learn a lot about Mr. Rogers. As I mentioned, he's really not the focus of the film. It's really about this journalist who is doing a story about Mr. Rogers. We see the positive impact Mr. Rogers has on his life and the fact that Mr. Rogers is a larger than life figure, but the film really doesn't go into the life-changing affect he had on millions of young children.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved the documentary. It was such an uplifting film. This is nothing like it. You really don't learn a lot about Mr. Rogers. As I mentioned, he's really not the focus of the film. It's really about this journalist who is doing a story about Mr. Rogers. We see the positive impact Mr. Rogers has on his life and the fact that Mr. Rogers is a larger than life figure, but the film really doesn't go into the life-changing affect he had on millions of young children.
    Thanks for the info Mike. I had no idea Mr. Rogers wasn't the main character until you mentioned it. Do you think I would like it? Maybe I'll wait until the dvd comes out to see it. I was wanting to see it, but now finding out that it's not even really about Mr. Rogers life, I'm not as excited, and I'm worried it'll pale in comparison to the documentary.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping to see it over Thanksgiving weekend, but I was hoping there would be more Mr. Rogers too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

For the purposes of this film, you really learn all you need to know about the man through the eyes of the people around him and through his actions and the effects he had on others.

That being said, I really want to see the documentary.

Tommy if you haven't seen the documentary you must. It was so good.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think the Russians had something to do with it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Tommy if you haven't seen the documentary you must. It was so good.
    I shall make it so.

THE SISTERS BROTHERS - 9.5 out of 10

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Mike. I had no idea Mr. Rogers wasn't the main character until you mentioned it. Do you think I would like it? Maybe I'll wait until the dvd comes out to see it. I was wanting to see it, but now finding out that it's not even really about Mr. Rogers life, I'm not as excited, and I'm worried it'll pale in comparison to the documentary.
    Honestly, I think you should still try to see it in theaters. It's still a very good companion piece to the doc and it's a very uplifting film.

THE SISTERS BROTHERS - 9.5 out of 10
    I enjoyed Sisters Brothers. Phoenix made two films last year that he was great in and neither got a whole lot of attention, this one and You Were Never Really Here.

Thanks, I added YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE to my Netflix list. If either of these films ever played around here I sure don't remember seeing them. I amused myself reading some of the negative comments about THE SISTERS BROTHERS on Amazon, most from people who totally judged the movie from the trailer and from reading reviews, and thought it was a comedy! I try to NEVER do that, so as to have no preconceptions. How anyone would think TSB is a dark comedy is beyond me. I just thought it was a bang up rootin' tootin' Western. And for that reason I will watch YWNRH the same way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I added YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE to my Netflix list. If either of these films ever played around here I sure don't remember seeing them. I amused myself reading some of the negative comments about THE SISTERS BROTHERS on Amazon, most from people who totally judged the movie from the trailer and from reading reviews, and thought it was a comedy! I try to NEVER do that, so as to have no preconceptions. How anyone would think TSB is a dark comedy is beyond me. I just thought it was a bang up rootin' tootin' Western. And for that reason I will watch YWNRH the same way.
    Yeah, both films got very limited releases. I wasn't able to see Sister Brothers in theaters, but I was glad to catch You Were Never Really Here. They both opened at a local theater that plays limited-release films. That god.

Country
    Country Flag

Saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood today and enjoyed it. There was more Mr. Rogers than I thought there would be, especially hearing in a few places that Hanks was more of a supporting part. He doesn't look much like Mister Rogers, but Tom Hanks did a great job, though there were some times he seemed more Mister Rogers-y than others. I appreciated the story of forgiveness and Lloyd's arc, but it did feel a little familiar. I could've used even more of a Mister Rogers focus. The film was joyful, optimistic, heartfelt, and there's not many movies that could make me break out in both chills and a huge smile from the opening minute. Mister Rogers's message of acceptance and love resonates just as much (and even more, I'd argue) as when I watched as a kid.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the idea that Mr. Rogers isn't the main focus of the film. It seems the idea is to show the effect Mr. Rogers has on people, even beyond the kids who watch his show. It reminds me of something like The Great Gatsby where the narrator/main character isn't isn't the subject character of the novel. It's a pretty great framing device when the subject character is someone larger than life in someway, especially in a novel where the narrator's opinion on the subject character can evolve over the course of the novel. It's not something that's done too often in film. A close example of that I guess would be Citizen Kane, where it's essentially a series of interviews where people talk about Kane so there is a series of narrators telling a good chunk of Kane's story.

I'm hoping to catch it in theatres, but I can't guarantee I will.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not one for the eloquent and insightful reviews you folks regularly post but, I viewed several flicks on, Netflix recently that I would highly recommend. One was "The Irishman" which has been covered by others here. I can only add my own "Thumbs Up" to this excellent film!!!

I also saw "Shot Caller" starring the gentleman who played, Jaime Lannister in GoT. It's a suspense/thriller dealing with gangs, criminal activity and prison. Tight storyline with a nice twist. I very much enjoyed it.

Lastly, I caught "Shadow of the Moon". This is a thriller with a Sci-Fi angle that wasn't bad at all. Certainly worth a watch on a cold and rainy day with nothing to do. It has a rather unique, dare I say "Tarantinian" story telling mechanism that kept the story interesting to the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 441 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 ... LastLast