Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 441 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shattered Glass is a great movie. I always point it out when people say Hayden Christensen can't act.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Shattered Glass is a great movie. I always point it out when people say Hayden Christensen can't act.
    Yeah, I was very impressed with his performance. Little things like body language and having a slight stammer when he was nervous just added so much more to the role he was playing.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really applaud Fatman for trying to do something different, but the film never fully commits. It doen't fully lean into the cheese factor, not does it fully try to be a serious film. My other issue with the film is that the trailer made it seem like we were getting Santa Wick, with tons of action. That's hardly the film we got. There's really only one action scene at the end. The rest of the film either follows Walton Googins as an eclectic hitman or Gibson being all emo.

I think there's a lot of wasted potential here, a common refrain with many of the films I've seen during the pandemic.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My wife and I watched Last Christmas with Emilia Clarke and Emma Thompson over the weekend. I picked it based on the trailer. I figured it would be a lot like the typical Hallmark movies my wife likes to watch. A girl works in a Christmas shop, her life is a mess, she meets this guy on accident, they fall in love and live happily ever after. The end.

That's not really what this movie was. Honestly the first half was kinda slow. We watched it, then stopped and went to bed so we could finish it the next day. Didn't have a lot of expectations for it. The second half was definitely better and my wife and I picked up on the big "twist" pretty early. I couldn't figure out why the entire soundtrack was nothing but George Micheal songs but after the twist was relieved the song and the title of the movie made more sense.

I'll give it 2.5 stars out of 5. Not bad but nothing I'd want to watch a second time. It won't be in my regular rotation of favorite holiday movies.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    My wife and I watched Last Christmas with Emilia Clarke and Emma Thompson over the weekend. I picked it based on the trailer. I figured it would be a lot like the typical Hallmark movies my wife likes to watch. A girl works in a Christmas shop, her life is a mess, she meets this guy on accident, they fall in love and live happily ever after. The end.

That's not really what this movie was. Honestly the first half was kinda slow. We watched it, then stopped and went to bed so we could finish it the next day. Didn't have a lot of expectations for it. The second half was definitely better and my wife and I picked up on the big "twist" pretty early. I couldn't figure out why the entire soundtrack was nothing but George Micheal songs but after the twist was relieved the song and the title of the movie made more sense.

I'll give it 2.5 stars out of 5. Not bad but nothing I'd want to watch a second time. It won't be in my regular rotation of favorite holiday movies.
    My sister guessed the twist after watching the trailer. I still would like to watch it though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife and I enjoyed it last Christmas
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw, "TENET" (purchase) and WOW is all I'm going to say!!! As usual, Nolan delivers. You just have to see it.

Check out "MORTAL" on Amazon (rental) it's a foriegn film done rather well with a frsh take on an old story. I was genuinely surprised at how good it was for aforeign film. Pretty good stuff. I'd give it a 5 out of 6 beers.

Also viewed, "THE CONTRACT" a freebie on Amazon (yeah, I was binging!! lol) pretty solid spy thriller with, Morgan Freeman and John Cusack (were'nt they in "Cell" together?). Typical government/CIA/Cop thriller in the woods where the innocent average guy becomes the hero, but fairly well done and worth the 2 hrs. I give it 4 1/2 beers out of 6 on the Randall Flagg scale.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure Cell was John and Sam Jackson reuniting after 1408.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Pretty sure Cell was John and Sam Jackson reuniting after 1408.
    Ah, yes you are correct. My bad.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I never bothered with Cell, is it worth the watch?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I enjoyed it a bit, but even I would say it was no great movie.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Not really. It wasn't a very good adaption of the book and they changed the ending and somehow made it worse than the book.

Even if you had never read the book, I don't think it would be a great movie.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    ...they changed the ending and somehow made it worse than the book.
    ...to which I would add: if the novel's ending frustrated the shit out of you (as it did me), the movie's ending isn't likely to piss you off much (I can take it or leave it).

I didn't expect "great," I didn't get "great," I modestly enjoyed the movie; I'll give it as positive a "meh" as you can give something.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Cell's not in the top-tier King adaptations in the way that The Mist or Misery are, but I did enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. I'd say it's worth a watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So ... I saw Tenet last night. As someone that not only thinks The Prestige, Memento, Inception, Interstellar, and the Dark Knight are near perfect movies, but also a fan of time travel, parallel universes, weird shit, etc, I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the movie. This is a movie that's asking you to "just go with it" and has faith that you won't be frustrated that one plus one equals three. And three is a purple banana underwater on Pluto twelve and a half years ago.

The "why are they doing this?" and "How are they doing this?" needed to be better explained, in my opinion.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, Cell's not in the top-tier King adaptations in the way that The Mist or Misery are, but I did enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. I'd say it's worth a watch.
    Cell is one of the few King adaptations I have yet to watch. I should probably give it a go at some point. I really enjoyed the book, and heard the movie sucked so never cared to watch it. But maybe I should, and just go in with really low expectations The Dark Tower is another one I haven't seen, which maybe I'll also get to at some point.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The "why are they doing this?" and "How are they doing this?" needed to be better explained, in my opinion.
    Yeah, I've heard tell of the physics behind it before and that wa kind of mind boggling. How they could do what thyey could would likely still be a "What if....." proposition. To me it's damn near impossible to apply in reality as they did in the film. As for the "why" they did state through 2 lines of dialogue that the future had fucked up the planet and its resources beyond repair and it "was their only option". Not much other than that.

Still, as usual with, Nolan it was a slickly done exercise in film making. Great action, cinematography and pace. The editing seemed a little chopped at times though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Cell is one of the few King adaptations I have yet to watch. I should probably give it a go at some point. I really enjoyed the book, and heard the movie sucked so never cared to watch it. But maybe I should, and just go in with really low expectations The Dark Tower is another one I haven't seen, which maybe I'll also get to at some point.
    I rewatched The Dark Tower a few months ago. First time since the theatres. It's just all wrong. It has some pretty alright stuff in it, but they stuffed way too much into it and also managed to feel to have not done enough.

It really needs to be a TV series. A streaming service that is willing to invest and let WOM carry it is necessary. They could easily do a miniseries of The Gunslinger. 4 episodes. End it with Roland stumbling across Eddie's Door. Westerns aren't likely to entice a large audience, but Drawing of the Three definitely would. They could also find some creative ways to do Roland's backstory...a separate miniseries, LOST style flashbacks, it would also give them room to expand...I want more Wastelands.

I can see why the movies tried to game The Gunslinger because that's not an easy sell to general audiences. I really did like the gimmick of the film's being Roland's last time, but it was waaaaay too different for it to be effective. I always assumed Roland only changed his course slightly each time. I always imagined Roland could only save himself by not dropping Jake and the movie didn't even contain that pivotal choice.

Really The Dark Tower was just misguided and overly ambitious, which is an awful combination.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonder Woman 1984: Two out of Five.

I didn't HATE it, but I thought it was bland all the way through, with some very strange writing choices. And this is coming from someone that really likes all the other DC movies.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished WW84. It is a pretty shocking regression from WW1, which was probably the best DC film not named Batman. Bland, contrived, messy, and what's up with SNL style acting from some of the extras? That mall sequence in particular was cringe worthy. Gal Gadot might be the only saving grace, she embodies Diana to perfection.

The first hour is probably the worst first hour of any CBM I've ever seen. The last 30 minutes are decent but by then its already too late. Hope this isn't an ominous sign for the future of DC.

2/5

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I just finished WW84. It is a pretty shocking regression from WW1, which was probably the best DC film not named Batman. Bland, contrived, messy, and what's up with SNL style acting from some of the extras? That mall sequence in particular was cringe worthy. Gal Gadot might be the only saving grace, she embodies Diana to perfection.

The first hour is probably the worst first hour of any CBM I've ever seen. The last 30 minutes are decent but by then its already too late. Hope this isn't an ominous sign for the future of DC.

2/5
    I agree. It was pretty boring, slow, poor villains, poor acting, and not a good story at all. It was from the same director so I'm wondering why it fell down hill.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oof. I haven't see WW1984 yet but I'm not seeing a lot of good reviews.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved it, but I posted about it in the DC films thread. Not as good as the first, but what can be?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I loved it, but I posted about it in the DC films thread. Not as good as the first, but what can be?
    MANY movies have bested their sequels... just look to their main competition.... Marvel
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t mean sequels in general, the first WW was a masterpiece, my #1 overall movie of that year. I didn’t expect this to be better than that but it was still a whole lot of fun and emotions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 441 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 ... LastLast