Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 441 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403 411 412 413 414 415 423 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Stillwater

Easily one of the best films of the year so far. Matt Damon is excellent and Tom McCarthy is just a really good filmmaker. Stillwater is the kind of film we used to get all the time in the 90s that Hollywood just doesn't make anymore. I know this isn't the kind of film mainstream audiences go see anymore, but it's worth a trip to the theater.
    Sounds interesting. Got anymore info? Like where it's currently available to watch and perhaps some more content info. I'll likely give it a watch. Your suggestions have been spot on for me lately. Guess I'm liking your style. Scary, ain't it? lol
    As Matt mentioned, it is loosely based on the Amanda Knox trial. I'm not that familiar with that case, so I wouldn't have known if my sister didn't tell me.

I will say, the film is less about the case and more about Matt Damon's character building this beautiful relationship with a local woman and her daughter. It's only playing in theaters right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Stillwater

Easily one of the best films of the year so far. Matt Damon is excellent and Tom McCarthy is just a really good filmmaker. Stillwater is the kind of film we used to get all the time in the 90s that Hollywood just doesn't make anymore. I know this isn't the kind of film mainstream audiences go see anymore, but it's worth a trip to the theater.
    Sounds interesting. Got anymore info? Like where it's currently available to watch and perhaps some more content info. I'll likely give it a watch. Your suggestions have been spot on for me lately. Guess I'm liking your style. Scary, ain't it? lol
    As Matt mentioned, it is loosely based on the Amanda Knox trial. I'm not that familiar with that case, so I wouldn't have known if my sister didn't tell me.

I will say, the film is less about the case and more about Matt Damon's character building this beautiful relationship with a local woman and her daughter. It's only playing in theaters right now.
    I'll look for it on TV when the time comes. Thanks for the heads up, fella's!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. Zac Efron's take on Ted Bundy is inspired stuff. So on point from the many interviews I have seen. This film could have gone places I didn't really want to explore, and instead it explores Bundy's relationships. Pretty clever film.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently re-watched The Seventh Sign for the first time since around when it came out (1988).

My thoughts haven't changed:
    - I like biblical apocalypse stuff and enjoyed this
    - I didn't enjoy the handling of Demi Moore's character because

Spoiler:
    ...the fact that a woman in labor is willing to give her life for her newborn is some kind of game-changer? such people exist by the millions.

...but as biblical apocalypse movies don't exactly tumble out of Hollywood on a daily basis, I take what I can get.

Also:

- The supporting characters of David, Father Lucci, and Avi (I think that's the teenage boy's name) were well done.

- Michael Biehn is...I don't know. I don't know if it's him or the script, but his character feels meaningless here, which is amazing considering that he is the husband of the main character, the father of the unborn baby, and the attorney of a character whose fate carries significance to the plot.

I will add: young Demi...no problems there. None at all.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fast and Furious 9 last night. This franchise just keeps chugging long. Nothing special, but entertaining as hell. I enjoyed how they brought back an old favorite. 8/10

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

FREE GUY. I’m telling you. This is the best time I’ve had at the movies in years. I mean a long long time. 9.5/10 for me. It was damm near a perfect movie. There were some surprises that I yelled literally out loud at! One made me smile ear to ear. The possibilities with this franchise is endless and a sequel is already announced. I couldn’t stop laughing in some scenes. The story, action, special effects, and the soundtrack??? Well the list goes on!! This is hands down Ryan’s best movie. Deadpool move over. I cannot wait for Free Guy 2. I’ll be there Opening night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    FREE GUY. I’m telling you. This is the best time I’ve had at the movies in years. I mean a long long time. 9.5/10 for me. It was damm near a perfect movie. There were some surprises that I yelled literally out loud at! One made me smile ear to ear. The possibilities with this franchise is endless and a sequel is already announced. I couldn’t stop laughing in some scenes. The story, action, special effects, and the soundtrack??? Well the list goes on!! This is hands down Ryan’s best movie. Deadpool move over. I cannot wait for Free Guy 2. I’ll be there Opening night.

High praise indeed!! And here I was figuring it was just a bit of a fluff comedy (That means wait til it hits TV in my house. lol). Maybe now I'll venture out to my 1st "Covid Interim/vaxxed Theater Experience". lol If its not all you say it is, Kris I'll be sending you an invoice!! lol (That will include the Soft drink, popcorn and maybe a pretzel or Swedish fish pally! LOL).
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Free Guy was a lot of fun. No doubt.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Free Guy. Yesterday also. Very fun.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

At least some of Free Guy was filmed within sight of my workplace (it was at least the second Ryan Reynolds film to have been, the other being RIPD).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ten Rings!!! Amazing!! Love that they made this. I had goosebumps at times!!! One of my favourite Marvel films. 9/10 easy!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Pig: 4.5/5.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Small Engine Repair. It’s a moving real storey. It’s powerful and well done. Please see this small Indie film. Wow. 8/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Small Engine Repair. It’s a moving real storey. It’s powerful and well done. Please see this small Indie film. Wow. 8/10

I want to for sure. I'm a big Jon Bernthal fan.

Country
    Country Flag

MALIGNANT. Don't discount this movie as another run of the mill horror flick. Because it is not. Im really mad at myself for not going to the theatre to see this. The last 30 mins was so amazing I went back and re-watched it! Ill say it now.. we have a 'cult classic' on our hands here. I loved this movie. The special effects were so well done and somewhat off-putting I have not way to describe it. Go see it. Please. 8/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably watch that today, Web. I've read all kinds of mixed reviews, but my interest has remain piqued throughout and at this point I figure I might as well see for myself.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

MALIGNANT. Don't discount this movie as another run of the mill horror flick. Because it is not. Im really mad at myself for not going to the theatre to see this. The last 30 mins was so amazing I went back and re-watched it! Ill say it now.. we have a 'cult classic' on our hands here. I loved this movie. The special effects were so well done and somewhat off-putting I have not way to describe it. Go see it. Please. 8/10
    For me, it was horribly acted, poor storyline, the special effects were unnecessary, and the music didn't fit the theme. A major tragedy happens at the beginning and the main character goes right back home as if nothing happens; because the plot must go on. Perhaps this is it what Wan wanted to do. Make a goofy, unrealistic, poorly acted story to "change" the horror genre with something different. 2/5 for trying
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'll probably watch that today, Web. I've read all kinds of mixed reviews, but my interest has remain piqued throughout and at this point I figure I might as well see for myself.
    I read the bad reviews.... so i was surprised!!! See it.. it was fun. LOVED the end. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't hate it, but it was overly long and the story wasn't as tight as it should've been. But the big reveal literally made my jaw drop, it was so insane.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I didn't hate it, but it was overly long and the story wasn't as tight as it should've been. But the big reveal literally made my jaw drop, it was so insane.
    Agreed. It was 20-25 mins to long. I did say that to a friend of mine

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the standouts for me, though, was the music. I really liked the score, especially the opening credits.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Minari - Solid performances and good characters, but the culmination fell very flat for me 4/5

More at: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/minari/

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - An entertaining film with a strong narrative core. Good performances and a script that new when it could be funny and when it had to be serious. Some terrific action set pieces, specifically the bus sequence and the scaffold fight. As Marvel films tend to do, it lost something in the final battle. Lots of CGI and big action, but at least well executed. But compared to the recent The Suicide Squad which actually was very similar in how the final action was structured, it was not as good. 4/5

More at: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...the-ten-rings/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Traveler MisterNoobnoob will become famous soon enough MisterNoobnoob will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Is it really better than Deadpool? :-) if your seriously about that, I better go to the cinema, before its taken off

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gold Rush - A really good film from the silent era. Very touching at times. 4/5

More at: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/the-gold-rush/
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Gold Rush - A really good film from the silent era. Very touching at times. 4/5

More at: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/the-gold-rush/
    I hope people here check out more silents from the 1920s when the time comes for our movie tournament to do that final decade. There are some amazing films there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 441 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403 411 412 413 414 415 423 ... LastLast