Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 441 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

We go to the movies about 3 times a month when they are open, 2 times a month during football season.
    We have a popcorn machine in our movie room, that's how much I love theater popcorn.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, has anyone ever just gone into a movie theater and just bought popcorn and walked out? I've done this a number of times.
    Of course, not weird at all. We'll always get a large popcorn when we go, and it comes with a free refill. So we'll eat the bin while we watch the movie and then get a refill on our way out. It'll last for a few days, but the trick is to toss it into the oven for a few minutes before you eat it and it tastes just like it did in the theater

I love how this thread has devolved from movies into talking about the greatness of movie theater popcorn
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So we'll eat the bin while we watch the movie and then get a refill on our way out. It'll last for a few days, but the trick is to toss it into the oven for a few minutes before you eat it and it tastes just like it did in the theater

I love how this thread has devolved from movies into talking about the greatness of movie theater popcorn
    I do the same thing! I mean, if it comes with a free refill, you might as well get it, right? I never thought about putting it in the oven though! I might have to try that next time.

And this thread DID turn into a movie popcorn conversation.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    OK, are you ready for your minds to be blown?

One afternoon I was at the theater and I happened to buy a bag of popcorn. I was at the butter station and a guy turns to me and says, "Do you like butter in the middle of the bag?" Naturally, I said yes. "Want to know a trick?" he said. He tells me to unwrap a straw and stick it halfway in the bag of popcorn, line up the butter nozzle with the straw's opening, and start pumping the butter. BOOM! Butter in ALL the layers, not just the top. My mind was blown.
    Dude, you were right... my mind is blown Gonna try that first thing! Maybe for Tenet!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I echo many of the things said above, with a few exceptions. I never eat food or snacks in the theater. I do however bring a couple beers in (IPA's). Of course I silence my phone. I also try to catch the earliest show possible.
    Me and my coworkers catch flicks at the Cinemark right down the street from the office. They're super chill with people bringing stuff in, they honestly dgaf. One of my co's who carries a huge purse will literally empty it in her car, load it up with beers from a liquor store nearby, and we'll walk in nonchalant with the unmistakable sounds of beer cans clink clink clinking in her purse

And I love matinees. I love not dealing with the huge crowds, parking, screaming kids - it's amazing.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    OK, are you ready for your minds to be blown?

One afternoon I was at the theater and I happened to buy a bag of popcorn. I was at the butter station and a guy turns to me and says, "Do you like butter in the middle of the bag?" Naturally, I said yes. "Want to know a trick?" he said. He tells me to unwrap a straw and stick it halfway in the bag of popcorn, line up the butter nozzle with the straw's opening, and start pumping the butter. BOOM! Butter in ALL the layers, not just the top. My mind was blown.
    That's genius, right there.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I bring my own salt shaker.
    Me too - we keep one in each car!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'm not alone!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My theater has butter dispensers that go into the popcorn and shoot butter out through various holes for even distribution.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Dude, you were right... my mind is blown Gonna try that first thing! Maybe for Tenet!
    Did you see that Tenet was delayed again until mid-August?

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    And I love matinees. I love not dealing with the huge crowds, parking, screaming kids - it's amazing.
    I love matinees, too. It's always been my preferred time of moviegoing for all the reasons you said. Plus the prices are better!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'm not alone!
    And my theaters also do the layering of butter. One even has little plastic cups for extra butter on the go!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

The Eurovision Song Contest is extremely popular back in the UK. Despite the fact that we're never going to win a single contest, for a lot of people, it's a good excuse to get together, drink plenty of booze, eat plenty of snacks, and enjoy the OTT extravaganza that follows.

When I heard that there was a Netflix comedy starring Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams, I was initially surprised. But the song they released on YouTube was enough to tell me that this was going to be something pretty special. Something that would capture just how OTT Eurovision is, but also would have a lot of love for it, too.

The film itself wasn't a disappointment. While it's not exactly the funniest movie I've seen in years, it definitely had a few good laughs. But what I particularly enjoyed was how it told a pretty good feel-good comedy. It had some pretty basic messages that we've seen before (especially "winning isn't always important"), but it handled them well and avoided doing lazy copouts.

The clear love the film has for Eurovision was a huge plus, and definitely affected my enjoyment of it. When my girlfriend asked me, "Is Eurovision really like this?", I gave a very firm "YES!" So we'll probably be watching the actual thing this time next year.

I'll be honest and say that my enjoyment of the film was definitely boosted by how much I enjoy Eurovision itself, so I'm definitely curious to see how well this will translate in places like the US where it's hardly a thing at all. But I give this a 7/10. Like Eurovision itself, it's cheesy but also a lot of fun.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

James, get your ass over to the movie tournament thread! I'm about to nominate Dredd.

Great review, by the way! I had never even heard of Eurovision before watching and I had a really good time with it. I thought it was going to be terrible. They really captured the show from what I've heard and your review echoes that.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

James, get your ass over to the movie tournament thread! I'm about to nominate Dredd.
    *Picks up machine gun* I'm on it. *Jumps out window*

Great review, by the way! I had never even heard of Eurovision before watching and I had a really good time with it. I thought it was going to be terrible. They really captured the show from what I've heard and your review echoes that.
    *Pops head back through window* Cheers! Yeah, I was initially worried it would be awful, but the video for Volcano Man was enough to tell me I'd love this one. And I'm not surprised to hear you hadn't heard of Eurovision. I think it says a lot about the British that we're absolutely obsessed over a contest that we're guaranteed to lose. Maybe that's why we're always so obsessed with the World Cup, too.

- Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    *Picks up machine gun* I'm on it. *Jumps out window*

*Pops head back through window* Cheers! Yeah, I was initially worried it would be awful, but the video for Volcano Man was enough to tell me I'd love this one. And I'm not surprised to hear you hadn't heard of Eurovision. I think it says a lot about the British that we're absolutely obsessed over a contest that we're guaranteed to lose. Maybe that's why we're always so obsessed with the World Cup, too.

Dredd made it in!

Why doesn't England have a chance at winning?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For two key reasons. Firstly, we just don't have the talent. I think we're one of, if not the only country that once got 0 points in Eurovision. Secondly, it's because a key part of Eurovision is that it's not just a competition. It's something that brings almost all the countries of the European Union together and unites them in their mutual hatred of England!

- Melike

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Eurovision Song Contest is extremely popular back in the UK. Despite the fact that we're never going to win a single contest, for a lot of people, it's a good excuse to get together, drink plenty of booze, eat plenty of snacks, and enjoy the OTT extravaganza that follows.

When I heard that there was a Netflix comedy starring Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams, I was initially surprised. But the song they released on YouTube was enough to tell me that this was going to be something pretty special. Something that would capture just how OTT Eurovision is, but also would have a lot of love for it, too.

The film itself wasn't a disappointment. While it's not exactly the funniest movie I've seen in years, it definitely had a few good laughs. But what I particularly enjoyed was how it told a pretty good feel-good comedy. It had some pretty basic messages that we've seen before (especially "winning isn't always important"), but it handled them well and avoided doing lazy copouts.

The clear love the film has for Eurovision was a huge plus, and definitely affected my enjoyment of it. When my girlfriend asked me, "Is Eurovision really like this?", I gave a very firm "YES!" So we'll probably be watching the actual thing this time next year.

I'll be honest and say that my enjoyment of the film was definitely boosted by how much I enjoy Eurovision itself, so I'm definitely curious to see how well this will translate in places like the US where it's hardly a thing at all. But I give this a 7/10. Like Eurovision itself, it's cheesy but also a lot of fun.
    It was a dry comedy to me where you had to pay attention to hear what was comedic or considered as such. I have never seen or heard of Eurovision. As for the movie, I enjoyed it. Will and Rachel played their parts extremely well. The sing together when everyone was at the party was great, and the ending was actually quite emotional. I'm not saying this movie will go down as an epic comedy or even if it will be remembered a year down the road, but I will say I enjoyed what I saw and felt during the film. 7/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally caught Alita: Battle Angel because the trailers did nothing for me and I had no interest. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would and am a bit sad that there probably won't be a continuation of the story on film. 4/5

Also caught Good Boys today and I have to admit the film made me laugh out loud multiple times. 3.5/5
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a lot of fun with Good Boys. Some of the bigger laughs I've had in a theater in a while.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank god for free HBO trials and not having to pay to watch some of these movies. Just watched The Predator and it has to be one of the dumbest movies I've seen in a long time. I also don't understand how Olivia Munn still gets roles in major motion pictures as she is a horrible actor with no screen presence. 1/5
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Thank god for free HBO trials and not having to pay to watch some of these movies. Just watched The Predator and it has to be one of the dumbest movies I've seen in a long time. I also don't understand how Olivia Munn still gets roles in major motion pictures as she is a horrible actor with no screen presence. 1/5
    Agreed on the movie and that alleged actress
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Predator is an insulting film. Munn is certainly no thespian, but she's hardly the biggest thing wrong with the film. I actually liked her in The Newsroom.

I honestly don't know how you can take a character like Predator and make a bad movie, but we see it time and time again. However, Predators was actually way better than people give it credit for.

My Mood
    Confused

The Predator is an insulting film. Munn is certainly no thespian, but she's hardly the biggest thing wrong with the film. I actually liked her in The Newsroom.

I honestly don't know how you can take a character like Predator and make a bad movie, but we see it time and time again. However, Predators was actually way better than people give it credit for.
    With Adrian Body? Yes that one was actually pretty good. I don't get why they don't look at comic source material, and I don't know, use one of those stories?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Desperados on Netflix yesterday. Formulaic, and predictable, but quite funny. I give it 4 beers on the RFSRS.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed The Predator. Good popcorn entertainment.

Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced. I haven't seen it getting a lot of love, so I'm glad it seems like you enjoyed it!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 441 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast