Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 441 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 415 416 417 418 419 427 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    LAMB. Don’t discount this movie as a silly horror flick. It’s not. It’s unsettling. It’s disturbing. It really makes you squirm in your seat. I bet you guys all love it here. It’s this good. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not one I would have expected you to like.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

LAMB. Don’t discount this movie as a silly horror flick. It’s not. It’s unsettling. It’s disturbing. It really makes you squirm in your seat. I bet you guys all love it here. It’s this good. 9/10

Who are you. What have you done with the real Webstar1000????

All jokes aside, I was so-so on this one. It had a lot of elements I really enjoyed but as a whole it just didn't come together for me. Maybe it was my expectations, idk.

There were times when it felt like certain scenes -especially nighttime scenes- were building towards something and then it would quickly cut to the morning after. Stuff like that just kept dampening the momentum for me.

But you're right, it definitely is disturbing and unsettling. In that sense it does succeed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did love it. I found it very disturbing and still thinking about it. I agree that I felt like I wanted more. But it’s that a mark of a good film? It ends and you yearn for more? I’m a huge fan and I think it really resonated with me even more so cause I spent 10 days backpacking through Iceland where this was filmed and I’ll tell ya… the beauty is unmatched and the isolation as well. I felt both in almost every outdoor scene. What a fuckin brilliant film.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

In theaters or streaming?
    I seen it in theatre bill

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Along the Path of the Beam ChronoSorcerer will become famous soon enough ChronoSorcerer will become famous soon enough ChronoSorcerer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WARNING: This movie is quite extreme both in gore and obscenity/nudity.

Necronos (2010 - Germany): The best horror/fantasy movie I've ever seen by far, and one of the best horror films that I know. The Germans did it! There are some scenes that may be nonsensical for the people who are not into fantasy very much.
    Spoiler:
    Like, Goran (a lesser demon) can be hurt by a metal stick, but not by guns. I think this is not even moot, in the fantasy context. The metal stick from a Medieval(esque) world can be enchanted and can damage some otherwise invincible creatures.
    This movie should be the definitive video art of the black metal heads.
    Spoiler:
    The hierarchy of evil was resplendently and grittily portrayed.

Massive spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Full nudity, extreme gore, no hope, no protagonists, no deus ex machinas, no cheap tricks, no remorse.

10/10 or 666/666

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSorcerer View Post
    WARNING: There's a minor spoiler in the first paragraph and there are MASSIVE spoilers in the line below that.

Spoiler:
    Necronos (2010 - Germany): The best horror/fantasy movie I've ever seen by far, and one of the best horror films that I know. The Germans did it! There are some scenes that may be nonsensical for the people who are not into fantasy very much. Like, Goran (a lesser demon) can be hurt by a metal stick, but not by guns. I think this is not even moot, in the fantasy context. The metal stick from a Medieval(esque) world can be enchanted and can damage some otherwise invincible creatures. This movie should be the definitive video art of the black metal heads. The hierarchy of evil was resplendently and grittily portrayed.

Huge warning and massive spoilers: Full nudity, extreme gore, no hope, no protagonists, no deus ex machinas, no cheap tricks, no remorse. 10/10 or 666/666

Use "spoiler tags", my friend. The "radioactive" icon above.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam ChronoSorcerer will become famous soon enough ChronoSorcerer will become famous soon enough ChronoSorcerer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^ Okay. I'm an old forumer but never been into a forum with that facility before. Sorry. I'm editing it now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSorcerer View Post
    ^ Okay. I'm an old forumer but never been into a forum with that facility before. Sorry. I'm editing it now.
    No problem, my friend. Easily rectified. Thank you!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

^ You're welcome, man!

I've recently watched another movie:

Genius (2016 - US/UK): Or not so genius. But was like a good therapy session after the last maniacal film I watched. 6.5/10

Country
    Country Flag

Immortel (ad vitam) - (2004 - France/Italy/UK): Like a looooong cinematic video (in games) of those years. Not only it was good, but also, and more importantly, it was not boring. This is really a tough thing to pull off. Even such game cinematics could get bland, if they are longer than 5 minutes. A feast for the eyes, a playful lover to the imagination. Hmm, certainly not a tutor to the intelligence. (It would be a masterpiece, then.) Kinda like The Fifth Element (1997) and Gods of Egypt (2016) were intertwined, but in an original way. 8/10

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Belfast is Kenneth Branagh's Roma. It's an absolute delight and I prefer it to Alfonso Cuarón's Oscar-winning film.

Country
    Country Flag

Loved Ghostbusters. Full of nostalgia and fun! 8/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple weeks ago I finally watched The Nightingale which is a solid 4/5... Likely going to nudge it up to 4.5 when I get around to doing my letterboxd review.

Belfast was good, but not great. I really liked the photography and it was well-written and acted. It's compared to Roma for obvious reasons, but they're very different films too. It's an effective coming of age film though the actual Civil War aspect of the film didn't land in the end as it seemed it would in the terrific opening scene. 4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    A couple weeks ago I finally watched The Nightingale which is a solid 4/5... Likely going to nudge it up to 4.5 when I get around to doing my letterboxd review.

Belfast was good, but not great. I really liked the photography and it was well-written and acted. It's compared to Roma for obvious reasons, but they're very different films too. It's an effective coming of age film though the actual Civil War aspect of the film didn't land in the end as it seemed it would in the terrific opening scene. 4/5
    The Nightingale is no joke. I love that film.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

It's exquisite. I can't wait to see what she does next.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OH YEAH? WELL I LOVE IT MORE. NANNY NANNY, BOO BOO.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just rented a bunch of films from a video store in Toronto

One Cut of the Dead (2017)

After Hours (1985)
    Detour (1945)
    Tigers Are Not Afraid (2016)
    The Housemaid (2011)
    The 4th Man (1983)
    Incendies (2010)
    High and Low (1963)

Looking forward to watching these over my break!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

After Hours (1985)
    Detour (1945)
    The Housemaid (2011)
    The 4th Man (1983)
    Incendies (2010)
    High and Low (1963)

I'm curious about One Cut of the Dead. That's been on my watch list for a while.

I predict Incendies will instantly become one of your favorite films of all time.

Country
    Country Flag

After Hours (1985)
    Detour (1945)
    The Housemaid (2011)
    The 4th Man (1983)
    Incendies (2010)
    High and Low (1963)

I'm curious about One Cut of the Dead. That's been on my watch list for a while.

I predict Incendies will instantly become one of your favorite films of all time.
    Incendies is a fuckin masterpiece.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

After Hours (1985)
    Detour (1945)
    The Housemaid (2011)
    The 4th Man (1983)
    Incendies (2010)
    High and Low (1963)

I looked around for the store for a good 20 minutes for something I haven't seen on the lighter side. Ultimately I saw Incendies and it's been on my watch list since I even knew who Denis Villenueve was, and I said to my friend, "Ah, Incendies. I hear it doesn't get much lighter than that."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

After Hours (1985)
    Detour (1945)
    The Housemaid (2011)
    The 4th Man (1983)
    Incendies (2010)
    High and Low (1963)

Detour (1945) is pure Noir. It has possibly my favorite femme fatale. It's shot cheaply but I wouldn't have it any other way. A film made to be watched in the dark, dark-minded and in a dark room.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. Maybe Matt will invite us all over.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Spider-Man. Wow.
    Wow.
    Wow.

No words…
    Not yet anyways…

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I loved it.

Country
    Country Flag

I am telling you. Spider-Man is the best comic book movie ever made. It’s better than the Dark Night. Yes I said it. It’s the perfect action movie and I cried in the theatre. Yes open tears. Tom Holland IS Spider-Man. He is the next great young actor. I’m so thankful he is doing more Spider-Man’s and where it’s going from here? Fuck me it’s so exciting. This movie is a 10/10. It could NOT be better. People were yelling and clapping in the theatre MORE than once. Fuckin see this movie. It’s amazing.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 441 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 415 416 417 418 419 427 ... LastLast