Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 395 of 441 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm Thinking of Ending Things

I'm thinking this will be the last Charlie Kaufman film I ever watch. Sorry, Matt. What an odd, odd little film. Dripping with unadulterated pretentiousness.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching that this weekend. I can't wait! Unadulterated pretentiousness...the description is like candy to me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That's a movie that loses 75% effectiveness if you don't watch it in theaters.
    that's really sad to hear. It doesn't look like I could go to England any time soon, and here I don't think I can find a theater that would show it without translation. ::sad bear::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That's a movie that loses 75% effectiveness if you don't watch it in theaters.
    that's really sad to hear. It doesn't look like I could go to England any time soon, and here I don't think I can find a theater that would show it without translation. ::sad bear::
    How much of that 75% is affected by idiots on their cell phones, taking 20 minutes to open a crinkly bag of candy, talking to their friends, and getting up every 4 minutes to go get another soda during the film?

If only true film-lovers could have the theater to ourselves! Better luck with the big screen tv and surround sound system if possible.

And . . . HI, Bear!
    How is the Terrence Malick exploration going?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    For me it would be the original Planet of the Apes, then chronologically Jaws, Raiders, and Die Hard. I'm not sure, however, if the experience would feel the same in a less than full capacity theater. Part of the movie experience for me is opening weekend crowds.
    You got to see the original Planet of the Apes in theaters!?! That's awesome! Tell me how it was. I always thought that must have been amazing to witness that twist for the first time in theaters at a time where movies weren't really trying to do that much.
    Since you asked: Saw Planet of the Apes at the local drive-in in Braintree, Massachusetts. I remember it so vividly - probably because I have talked about the film that remains in my top ten best movie experiences of all time. I was six years old, yes six. We were driving to my Nana's house in Mattapan. As we were heading there my parents, who had seen it the night before, were talking about it in the from seat. My brother (9 years old) and I began to whine about wanting to see it, and my father, looking to get out of visiting my mother's mother, asked if we wanted to head off to the drive-in instead. And off we went.

It was really popular to place those old metal folding beach folding chairs in front of the car at our drive-in. The drive-in broadcast over chrome wired speakers, one for each side of the car, that we placed just behind us on the hood of our old station wagon. Despite it being outside, the fact that so many others did the same thing created a real communal atmosphere. The whole grounds gasped so many times:
    Spoiler:
    Stewart's death in the opening (thought she was an ape at first), the first time an ape showed up on a horse, the carrying of humans like a dead deer, the stuffed Dodge in the museum, "Damn Dirty Ape," the scar on Landon's head (never did know what a lobotomy was), the doll speaking "mama," and then the finale, oh, the finale.
    I remember my bother grabbing my bicep and squeezing it, pointing at the giant screen. I remember major crowd reactions. I rememberer is asking my parents "is that, is that...but how, I mean, that means...what does that mean...really" or something to that effect. It remains one of my best memories, and in the years that came after I discovered Nova, oh Nova. What follows is some of my Apes shrine (I was lucky to meet some in person) - someday I will get around to to purchasing a first hard cover edition of Monkey Planet, Pierre Boulle's original title.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You were 6!?! That makes that story even more amazing. To be impacted by a film at such a young age is so incredible. Thank you for sharing. Do you remember if you understood the ending? Did that click or did you have to have it explained?

Love the memorabilia too. The Statue of Liberty in the sand is a really nice piece.

Also, I'm sure you weren't able to appreciate Nova until you were a little older.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You were 6!?! That makes that story even more amazing. To be impacted by a film at such a young age is so incredible. Thank you for sharing. Do you remember if you understood the ending? Did that click or did you have to have it explained?

Love the memorabilia too. The Statue of Liberty in the sand is a really nice piece.

Also, I'm sure you weren't able to appreciate Nova until you were a little older.
    To the best of my recollection, it clicked, but I needed confirmation from my parents. I was obsessed with Planet of the Apes. I think that the Apes series was responsible for my love of film. My father took me to all four of the subsequent sequels, and I even liked the tv series. They were event films for me. Then two years after the final Apes film came out, Jaws came out, and I had a new obsession - Jaws remains my favorite film of all time. I was lucky to have so many event films in my life. And yes, my Nova obsession came a bit later, right about the time I discovered One Million Years B.C. on one Saturday after noon on tv and became obsessed with Raquel Welch - funny, she and Nova had similar costumes.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol, we must be the same age, the above post was my childhood, Rachel and all. Classic stuff.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulan (2020)

Background info:

-I liked the animated original.
    -I generally really enjoy the live action Disney remakes.
    -I understand where Disney was coming from for charging people to see the movie on Disney + (still doesn't make it a bad idea)
    -I didn't pay $30 to see it.
    -I was originally fine with no Mushu and/or the movie not being a musical.

Ok, with all that being said ... I gave it a 2/5. What a fucking letdown, lol.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Mulan (2020)

Background info:

-I liked the animated original.
    -I generally really enjoy the live action Disney remakes.
    -I understand where Disney was coming from for charging people to see the movie on Disney + (still doesn't make it a bad idea)
    -I didn't pay $30 to see it.
    -I was originally fine with no Mushu and/or the movie not being a musical.

Ok, with all that being said ... I gave it a 2/5. What a fucking letdown, lol.
    It really wasn't very good, I agree it was a letdown.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to be "Debbie Downer" but I'm so glad Disney is going to take a bath on this one. Oh sure, they'll eventually make money, but it won't be the billion dollar cash baby they originally thought.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sad to hear this on Mulan... it has excellent reviews elsewhere.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven’t seen the original but watched the new one tonight and enjoyed it. Predictable and very Disneyish but was a good watch. I do think Disney is crooked for charging for it on a subscription streaming platform(step son paid for it for his kids, I refused on principle).
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Movie: Without the music and the humor, it was essentially Crouching Tiger, Hidden Mulan embedded in a setting that we've seen a million times in other Asian war movies. It felt generic, and that's the last thing I want when watching a movie.

Charging Extra To See It: Like I said earlier, I GET why they did it. They expected to make a billion dollars at the box office, and due to the virus, that was ripped from them, so they're trying to make at least some of their money back. But but but, that still doesn't justify actually going through with what should have just been a shot-down idea at a brainstorming session. What if this idea succeeds? It sets a dangerous precedent. Will we now have to pay a premium to watch movies the first month they come out on Netflix?

"See Tenet on Netflix in November ... only $14.99!"

Dangerous.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Add they own ESPN, charging for the big college games?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

To the best of my recollection, it clicked, but I needed confirmation from my parents. I was obsessed with Planet of the Apes. I think that the Apes series was responsible for my love of film. My father took me to all four of the subsequent sequels, and I even liked the tv series. They were event films for me. Then two years after the final Apes film came out, Jaws came out, and I had a new obsession - Jaws remains my favorite film of all time. I was lucky to have so many event films in my life. And yes, my Nova obsession came a bit later, right about the time I discovered One Million Years B.C. on one Saturday after noon on tv and became obsessed with Raquel Welch - funny, she and Nova had similar costumes.
    It truly is powerful to see the impact film can have on one's life.

Let me ask you, did you enjoy the recent Planet of the Apes films? I'm not counting the Tim Burton film.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been a huge POTA fansince the beginning and I personally did live the recent ones.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    I’d be more open to renting online if it was cheaper than $20. I just don’t understand that price point when I had the AMC pass where I could see 12 movies a month in the theater for $25.
    I think it's mostly because they can't control how many people see it once you give them the $20. If you invite 10 friends over and you all chip in $2. That's a really cheap movie. But they also can't price it so high that nobody will want to rent it either.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Outpost: Was both very good and interesting. Depicts one of the deadliest battles in Afghanistan. Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler:
    Orlando doesn't go the distance again!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm thinking this will be the last Charlie Kaufman film I ever watch. Sorry, Matt. What an odd, odd little film. Dripping with unadulterated pretentiousness.
    It is the least favorite film that Kaufman has had a part in that I have seen so far and Synecdoche, New York is one of my all time favorites and Anomalisa was brilliant but this movie, this movie left me depressed and hopeless. I have enough of that in real life already. Sorry but this was a miss for me as well. They'll be dozens and dozens of people making videos trying to analyze it and tell us what it really means and how awesome it really is but I just am not interested and I hope his next work will be better.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, lately I've been on a bit of a Rock n Roll nostalgia kick culling through my extensive R n R DVD collection and revisited a classic title, "The Rolling Stones Rock n Roll Circus". IMHO it's somewhat of a well kept secret of a show that features Rock's ruling c lass at the time. The Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton (post Cream), John Lennon and a host of others, Not every track is an all time classic, but the one's that are classic's are not really up for argument, IMHO. Sympathy for the Devil. You can't always get what you want, Yer Blues, A Quick One are just a few timeless classics.

Given the memories and, was Kieth EVER really that young? I give it a 6 out of 6 on the RF movie rating system and a definite treat for the "Old Time Rock n Roller" in all of us!!!!! It's available for rent or purchase on Amazon Prime. Treat yourself to the golden age of Rock n Roll!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Recently saw You Should Have Left, a pretty minimalist, basic horror film that (to me) was more than the sum of its parts; I quite liked it.

Also saw Hereditary (finally). This was all kinds of fucked - I loved it.

Also saw A Dog's Journey (sequel to A Dog's Purpose). I am not big on sappy, family-type things, but I suppose I enjoyed these, although not as much as the above horror movies. Plus, I don't enjoy repeatedly watching

Spoiler:
    dogs get old and die.

Yes, I know it was predictable and sugar-coated, but that still makes for difficult watching.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So glad to hear you enjoyed Hereditary!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Movie: Without the music and the humor, it was essentially Crouching Tiger, Hidden Mulan embedded in a setting that we've seen a million times in other Asian war movies. It felt generic, and that's the last thing I want when watching a movie.

Charging Extra To See It: Like I said earlier, I GET why they did it. They expected to make a billion dollars at the box office, and due to the virus, that was ripped from them, so they're trying to make at least some of their money back. But but but, that still doesn't justify actually going through with what should have just been a shot-down idea at a brainstorming session. What if this idea succeeds? It sets a dangerous precedent. Will we now have to pay a premium to watch movies the first month they come out on Netflix?

"See Tenet on Netflix in November ... only $14.99!"

Dangerous.
    I said the exact same thing. A bad rehash of Crouching Tiger. How funny is that?!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

It is the least favorite film that Kaufman has had a part in that I have seen so far and Synecdoche, New York is one of my all time favorites and Anomalisa was brilliant but this movie, this movie left me depressed and hopeless. I have enough of that in real life already. Sorry but this was a miss for me as well. They'll be dozens and dozens of people making videos trying to analyze it and tell us what it really means and how awesome it really is but I just am not interested and I hope his next work will be better.
    Agreed. It's a super depressing film. That being said, my biggest issue with the film was that I caught on way too early as to what was going on. As soon as they showed the
    Spoiler:
    janitor, I said to myself that he was an older Jesse Plemons and the rest of the film is taking place in his head or something.

I rarely predict right on films, but I pretty much nailed this one. At that point, I was waiting for the main character to catch up to me and she never did.
    Spoiler:
    Of course, it makes sense in the end as to why she never did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 395 of 441 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 ... LastLast