Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 441 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    James Cameron won't do anything with it when he gets it back. I promise you that....
    Yup. James Cameron has said he has no interest in revisiting that universe any longer.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why would Cameron revisit it. He can keeping milking licensing rights without doing any work.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Because he's too busy filming Avatar 7, 8 , 9 & 10 back to back to back to back.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dances With Smurfs

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    James Cameron won't do anything with it when he gets it back. I promise you that....
    Yup. James Cameron has said he has no interest in revisiting that universe any longer.
    I can see him maybe producing it and finding a director to helm the franchise.

Honestly, I'm not really sure why he's so in love with Avatar (besides the butt loads of money). I enjoyed the first film, but for a film that made a ton of money I don't think it has a rabid fan base by any means. When was the last time you saw somebody wearing an Avatar shirt?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There are Avatar shirts?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    There are Avatar shirts?
    I hope not. When The Matrix came out I was trying to get my father to talk to his company, a very large clothing retailer, to make Matrix t-shirts as I felt they would sell, especially when the 2nd and 3rd movies were coming out. He never made the effort and it never happened. I thought all the digital code in a small sample size on the back or front with nothing else to say would have been interesting. People seeing the movie would get it and others would be intrigued at the idea. It never happened though.

Kind of like sports jerseys, I feel wearing movie t-shirts and sports memorabilia really isn't a trend or hip or stylish.....especially for The Avatar
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re James Cameron...

My cousin is a CGI developer, specializing in "pre-viz" (whatever that is). He's worked on many CGI-intensive movies, including a few with Cameron. The work my cousin did for Cameron on Avatar involved a new process that my cousin developed. Cameron assumed that since it was his movie it was his process and tried to claim it for his own. My cousin disagreed and sued him for several million $$ and won. It seems that Cameron has a habit of "adopting" other people's GCI innovations and actually writes out the contracts in such a way that Cameron gets ownership of the technology once the movie is completed. My cousin did not actually sign the contract and Cameron didn't notice, until it was too late.

I have no animus toward Cameron. Situations like the above are "just business." I generally love his movies and think his contribution to the world's entertainment is just about second to none.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Re James Cameron...

My cousin is a CGI developer, specializing in "pre-viz" (whatever that is). He's worked on many CGI-intensive movies, including a few with Cameron. The work my cousin did for Cameron on Avatar involved a new process that my cousin developed. Cameron assumed that since it was his movie it was his process and tried to claim it for his own. My cousin disagreed and sued him for several million $$ and won. It seems that Cameron has a habit of "adopting" other people's GCI innovations and actually writes out the contracts in such a way that Cameron gets ownership of the technology once the movie is completed. My cousin did not actually sign the contract and Cameron didn't notice, until it was too late.

I have no animus toward Cameron. Situations like the above are "just business." I generally love his movies and think his contribution to the world's entertainment is just about second to none.
    That is the coolest story I read this week! Is that all true? That is crazy!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

100% true. My cousin worked for one of the graphics houses as a 20-something but then struck out on his own as a CGI developer. He contracts movie to movie (that is, he's not employed by Pixar or Dreamworks, etc.), and has worked on hugely popular movies that made hundreds of million of dollars each. He is of the opinion that the technologies that he develops should belong to him, even if he contributes said technologies to a particular movie or director. Evidently, Cameron is notorious for "collecting" other people's technologies for future films. Of course that might be my cousin's spin. But there was definitely a suit filed and my cousin definitely came away with several mil.

Although, now that I think of it, I believe Cameron settled out of court rather than the case go to trial.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    100% true. My cousin worked for one of the graphics houses as a 20-something but then struck out on his own as a CGI developer. He contracts movie to movie (that is, he's not employed by Pixar or Dreamworks, etc.), and has worked on hugely popular movies that made hundreds of million of dollars each. He is of the opinion that the technologies that he develops should belong to him, even if he contributes said technologies to a particular movie or director. Evidently, Cameron is notorious for "collecting" other people's technologies for future films. Of course that might be my cousin's spin. But there was definitely a suit filed and my cousin definitely came away with several mil.

Although, now that I think of it, I believe Cameron settled out of court rather than the case go to trial.
    A friend of mine works for a big movie company. I was told that when "new" technology is invented for movies it cannot be penned or owned by one person or anyone. There are no patents or ownership and no monopolies. In basic wording, if someone makes something, anyone can use it for their movies too as there is no ownership. That's what I was lead to believe. So you are tell us that when something is invented, it is owned by the inventor in the movie industry? Did this type of ruling or rules change from the past?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Me and a lady friend both played hookie from work during lunch time just now and we met up to watch Minions in 3D.

It was... awesome.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Kind of like sports jerseys, I feel wearing movie t-shirts and sports memorabilia really isn't a trend or hip or stylish.....especially for The Avatar
    Sports shirts, movie shirts, TV shirts and video game shirts are a huge part of my casual wardrobe. I collect movie t-shirts actually.

Wearing t-shirts pertaining to something one is passionate about lends insight to a person's personality. It's so much more interesting than a plain polo shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Me and a lady friend both played hookie from work during lunch time just now and we met up to watch Minions in 3D.

It was... awesome.
    Wait a second. Didn't you and your lady friend go see Inside Out a while back. We never heard what you thought of it. Also, was Minions awesome, or the fact that you played hookie from work and met up with your lady friend to watch the movie?

My Mood
    Confused

[QUOTE=Still Servant;933914]
    Sports shirts, movie shirts, TV shirts and video game shirts are a huge part of my casual wardrobe. I collect movie t-shirts actually.

Wearing t-shirts pertaining to something one is passionate about lends insight to a person's personality. It's so much more interesting than a plain polo shirt.

I sometimes wear Pittsburgh Penguins shirts during hockey season when I go out to watch a game without any intentions of being "out there" to impress anyone. I do understand why people would like to show off something they like or admire or are into and I am not bashing at all. However, baring being JJ Watts, Tom Brady, or some other rich celebrity, first impressions are unfortunately always key. If you are out and about and someone of the opposite sex is interested and notices you wearing a Star Wars T-shirt, or Super Mario Bros T-shirt, or even a Yankee jersey, what would that first impression be? Would that "person" be more inclined to be interested in a guy sporting his favorite movie T-shirt or a guy dressed to the style of today? I'm not saying wear skinny jeans (I've tried and I can't wear them because I have a penis) but I'm saying seeing an adult wearing something "not in the norm" if you will, isn't going to get the women swooning. Now, if you are married and not single, then obviously who cares, but people judge all the time. You shouldn't care either way, but if you are looking to "court" someone, 9 times out of 10, it won't be a first date playing Halo or Mario Cart to win her over.
    People are so shallow these days. It's about looks, trends, and how you present yourself. That's all I am saying. My parents pick on me about some things and they buy me Grumpy t-shirts for my charming attitude. I like the shirts, I wear them around the house, but I won't wear them when I go out. Wearing "Grumpy" dwarf, I'm not meeting my soul mate lol.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are out and about and someone of the opposite sex is interested and notices you wearing a Star Wars T-shirt, or Super Mario Bros T-shirt, or even a Yankee jersey, what would that first impression be? Would that "person" be more inclined to be interested in a guy sporting his favorite movie T-shirt or a guy dressed to the style of today? I'm not saying wear skinny jeans (I've tried and I can't wear them because I have a penis) but I'm saying seeing an adult wearing something "not in the norm" if you will, isn't going to get the women swooning. Now, if you are married and not single, then obviously who cares, but people judge all the time. You shouldn't care either way, but if you are looking to "court" someone, 9 times out of 10, it won't be a first date playing Halo or Mario Cart to win her over.
    People are so shallow these days. It's about looks, trends, and how you present yourself. That's all I am saying. My parents pick on me about some things and they buy me Grumpy t-shirts for my charming attitude. I like the shirts, I wear them around the house, but I won't wear them when I go out. Wearing "Grumpy" dwarf, I'm not meeting my soul mate lol.
    First of all, there are different kinds of women out there and they are attracted to many different things. There's no one way to dress to attract women. It all depends what you're in to. For you to assume that a woman is only going to be attracted to a guy who dresses nicer is kind of silly. Second, I'm not sure I'd want to go out with a woman if she's going to judge me on how I dress. If that's what's most important to her, it wasn't going to work out anyway. Third, we all know most women are going to change the way we dress regardless.

These might be the kind of people you've attracted, but that doesn't mean that's the case for everybody. Wearing t-shirts is considered normal. I see tons of people all the time at bars with all different kinds of t-shirts on. I've also seen those same guys go home with plenty of women. If I'm going out to a nice place, I'll dress nice. That being said, I've received more than enough attention at bars in a movie t-shirt. If you're charming, nice and make them laugh, that's all that matters.

Also, if you want to boil it down to that shallow breed out there, if you put some ugly pig in a suit and some hot guy in a Star Wars t-shirt, chances are women are going home with the hot guy in the Star Wars. It doesn't matter what the fuck the guy is wearing most of the time.

As far as the grumpy t-shirt, that's completely different. I probably wouldn't wear that either. It's just too childish. If I'm being honest, I'm not surprised they would buy that for you though. :lol

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I sometimes wear Pittsburgh Penguins shirts during hockey season when I go out to watch a game without any intentions of being "out there" to impress anyone.
    Tell the Penguins I said STUGOTS!

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I sometimes wear Pittsburgh Penguins shirts during hockey season when I go out to watch a game without any intentions of being "out there" to impress anyone.
    Tell the Penguins I said STUGOTS!
    I liked them when Mario and Jagr and those guys were there. I can't fair weather, and I'm torn on the Kessel trade....not to step off topic.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    If you are out and about and someone of the opposite sex is interested and notices you wearing a Star Wars T-shirt, or Super Mario Bros T-shirt, or even a Yankee jersey, what would that first impression be? Would that "person" be more inclined to be interested in a guy sporting his favorite movie T-shirt or a guy dressed to the style of today? I'm not saying wear skinny jeans (I've tried and I can't wear them because I have a penis) but I'm saying seeing an adult wearing something "not in the norm" if you will, isn't going to get the women swooning. Now, if you are married and not single, then obviously who cares, but people judge all the time. You shouldn't care either way, but if you are looking to "court" someone, 9 times out of 10, it won't be a first date playing Halo or Mario Cart to win her over.
    First of all, there are different kinds of women out there and they are attracted to many different things. There's no one way to dress to attract women. It all depends what you're in to. For you to assume that a woman is only going to be attracted to a guy who dresses nicer is kind of silly. Second, I'm not sure I'd want to go out with a woman if she's going to judge me on how I dress. If that's what's most important to her, it wasn't going to work out anyway. Third, we all know most women are going to change the way we dress regardless.

These might be the kind of people you've attracted, but that doesn't mean that's the case for everybody. Wearing t-shirts is considered normal. I see tons of people all the time at bars with all different kinds of t-shirts on. I've also seen those same guys go home with plenty of women. If I'm going out to a nice place, I'll dress nice. That being said, I've received more than enough attention at bars in a movie t-shirt. If you're charming, nice and make them laugh, that's all that matters.

Also, if you want to boil it down to that shallow breed out there, if you put some ugly pig in a suit and some hot guy in a Star Wars t-shirt, chances are women are going home with the hot guy in the Star Wars. It doesn't matter what the fuck the guy is wearing most of the time.

As far as the grumpy t-shirt, that's completely different. I probably wouldn't wear that either. It's just too childish. If I'm being honest, I'm not surprised they would buy that for you though. :lol
    I stated I wasn't bashing and you get all defensive and upset. I've worn these types of shirts (years ago) and I'm sure many people have, I just don't wear them going out in public. Then again, I own none of these types of shirts as I am not a collector of them and they aren't my thing anymore. All I stated was perceived perception of what people view from what you look like, wear, etc. Seriously, who is more impressive with a first impression? A guy dressed casual, a guy dressed stylish but not lavish, or a guy dressed wearing a Family Guy shirt? I know it's not the Family Guy guy. Yes there is more to do with personality and so forth, but the INITIAL first impression of what someone looks like and is wearing is what is first perceived. People are going to judge regardless. Everyone is judged all the time, the way they dress, talk, accents, actions, body language, etc. And the first impression, the way you dress, is what is first perceived. Of all the adults I know, I honestly do not know one adult that goes out and wears movie, video game, or sports shirts in public excluding sporting events. That's not bashing anyone, it is what I see when I am out and about. I have yet to see a regular guy dressed in his favorite Star Wars t-shirt picking up chicks. Where does this happen; comic conventions?
    P.S. Grumpy may or may not be childish, but many adults think movie and video game shirts are just as childish fyi. If you would have seen the girl I was dating when I had a Grumpy t-shirt....you would be yelling at me for breaking it off. Some things unfortunately do not last.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Terminator Genisy's - A solid 7 out of 10.....Although it got pretty mixed reviews from people online I thought it was actually very enjoyable. Then I'm a sucker for Terminator movies

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey now, what's wrong with comic conventions??
    But seriously, I think I know what you're trying to say allasorte, but I'm going to have to side with Still Servant on this one.
    Would I wear a Dead Kennedy's shirt to a job interview or a Cannibal Holocaust shirt to someone else's family BBQ? Of course not. It's all about context. But pretty much every other situation (gym, work, grocery shopping, or just "out") that does not require a collared shirt, I will wear whatever I damn well please, and actually get more interactions with like minded people rather than trying to dress to impress. I can't tell you how many random conversations have been struck up (male and female) based solely on the T-Shirt that I was wearing. And I don't normally even like talking to strangers, lol!

Back on topic, I just watched the original Repo Man last night for the first time. I thought it was ok. I really liked the soundtrack though!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    Terminator Genisy's - A solid 7 out of 10.....Although it got pretty mixed reviews from people online I thought it was actually very enjoyable. Then I'm a sucker for Terminator movies
    MINT! I am glad to hear this... I am a sucker too. My fav Arnold roll.... T2 is my all time fav (that or the Matrix...). Seeing it tomorrow. I will report my score as well
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    MINT! I am glad to hear this... I am a sucker too. My fav Arnold roll.... T2 is my all time fav (that or the Matrix...). Seeing it tomorrow. I will report my score as well
    Yeah man T2 was definitely the best! I think you'll like it(I hope so now haha!) they put an interesting spin on it. Be sure to report back!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, how would you two rank T3 and T:Salvation?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how would you two rank T3 and T:Salvation?
    T1 - 8.7/10
    T2 - 9.8/10
    T3 - 7/10
    T4 - 7.8/10 (Salvations)
    T5..... we shall see
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

T1 - 8
    T2 - 9
    T3 - 6
    T4 - 6
    T5 - 7.5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 441 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast