Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 441 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You can never go wrong with Kurosawa

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    American Underdog. 10/10. Love it. Best sports movie I think I’ve ever seen. Please see this hidden gem.
    Bro, that's impossible. It's better than Rudy? It's better than Field of Dreams? We need a sports movie tournament right now.

As for Matrix Resurrections, I had pretty low expectations, so I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted to like it a lot more. Honestly, my biggest gripe was the action. I thought it was sloppy. I also thought the CGI was pretty average. I don't think there's anything left to the story. What would be more interesting is to see the early days of the machine takeover. We need a prequel that really explores some of that. I'd have to go back and watch the Animatrix, but I feel like those short films explored things of that nature.
    Yep. Loved it better than both those and I liked those a LOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trailer looked like a Paint-By-Numbers sports movie. I also thought they were going to lay on the faith aspect super thick, which will just annoy the piss out of me. You know how many guys prayed their brains out to be an NFL QB and ended shoveling shit?
    98% audience on RT. I was just talking to a friend that said the same. It’s his favourite sports film of all time. So, I looked up every movie here mentioned by members. Not a single one was close to the 98% score. I think the closest one….. was 91%. Not that this Should mean it’s the hands down best BUT I find we always choose the older films as the “best” because we were more impressionable then or maybe Nostalgia plays a part? I don’t know but after thinking on this again and the discussion with my movie pal… I’ll re-affirm this is my favourite sports movie ever.

Web, you have to be clear with your Rotten Tomatoes stats. I'm not saying you were trying not to be clear, but you have to tell the entire story.

American Underdog has 98% audience score. It has a 75% critics rating, which is actually better than I expected. It should be noted that it only has 59 reviews though.

Regardless, audience scores aren't that reliable. Most people have terrible taste. You don't want to go down the rabbit hole of looking up audience scores for trash films. Ghostbusters: Afterlife isn't trash, but it's an average film that has a 95% audience rating.

I'm sure the film is a big crowd-pleaser, but I doubt it will stand the test of time like some of the best films the genre has to offer.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

American Underdog. 10/10. Love it. Best sports movie I think I’ve ever seen. Please see this hidden gem.
    Bro, that's impossible. It's better than Rudy? It's better than Field of Dreams? We need a sports movie tournament right now.

As for Matrix Resurrections, I had pretty low expectations, so I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted to like it a lot more. Honestly, my biggest gripe was the action. I thought it was sloppy. I also thought the CGI was pretty average. I don't think there's anything left to the story. What would be more interesting is to see the early days of the machine takeover. We need a prequel that really explores some of that. I'd have to go back and watch the Animatrix, but I feel like those short films explored things of that nature.

The trailer looked like a Paint-By-Numbers sports movie. I also thought they were going to lay on the faith aspect super thick, which will just annoy the piss out of me. You know how many guys prayed their brains out to be an NFL QB and ended shoveling shit?
    98% audience on RT. I was just talking to a friend that said the same. It’s his favourite sports film of all time. So, I looked up every movie here mentioned by members. Not a single one was close to the 98% score. I think the closest one….. was 91%. Not that this Should mean it’s the hands down best BUT I find we always choose the older films as the “best” because we were more impressionable then or maybe Nostalgia plays a part? I don’t know but after thinking on this again and the discussion with my movie pal… I’ll re-affirm this is my favourite sports movie ever.

Web, you have to be clear with your Rotten Tomatoes stats. I'm not saying you were trying not to be clear, but you have to tell the entire story.

American Underdog has 98% audience score. It has a 75% critics rating, which is actually better than I expected. It should be noted that it only has 59 reviews though.

Regardless, audience scores aren't that reliable. Most people have terrible taste. You don't want to go down the rabbit hole of looking up audience scores for trash films. Ghostbusters: Afterlife isn't trash, but it's an average film that has a 95% audience rating.

I'm sure the film is a big crowd-pleaser, but I doubt it will stand the test of time like some of the best films the genre has to offer.
    I wouldn’t say most people have terrible taste. Consensus is a great way to look at it. Perhaps you or even me have terrible taste. I just wanted to share with you that this is the highest rated audience sports movie I could find and hope you will see it. It’s that good. I actually went and watched Rudy last night too and no where near as good and Invincible too which lacks as well. See the show and let me know!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn’t say most people have terrible taste. Consensus is a great way to look at it. Perhaps you or even me have terrible taste. I just wanted to share with you that this is the highest rated audience sports movie I could find and hope you will see it. It’s that good. I actually went and watched Rudy last night too and no where near as good and Invincible too which lacks as well. See the show and let me know!
    Most people are easy to please. Hollywood caters to them by making the same movie over and over again and including similar tropes so it seems familiar. I will list a few things that American Underdog includes and I will probably nail most of them.
    • A woman will be pregnant, hammering home the need for the protagonist to succeed.
    • At some point, someone will tear him down and tell him he's worthless or unworthy.
    • A rousing speech
    • A training montage
    • A coach will come off as an asshole, he may even seem like the villain, but he's actually a big softy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most people are easy to please. Hollywood caters to them by making the same movie over and over again and including similar tropes so it seems familiar. I will list a few things that American Underdog includes and I will probably nail most of them.
    • A woman will be pregnant, hammering home the need for the protagonist to succeed.
    • At some point, someone will tear him down and tell him he's worthless or unworthy.
    • A rousing speech
    • A training montage
    • A coach will come off as an asshole, he may even seem like the villain, but he's actually a big softy.
    Funny… you only got one right.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

• A rousing speech
    • A training montage
    Funny… you only got one right.

What?! Now I have to see this film just to be sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

• A rousing speech
    • A training montage

Happily the timeless classic Beerfest includes all of these, except the pregnant woman. But there's also a death that inspires the protagonists to refocus and strive. Come to think of it, Beerfest may be the greatest sports movie of all time!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian’s Song is one of the classics. So good. If you haven’t seen it, try and catch it. True story.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think everyone can agree this is the greatest coach in film history

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Scream:

This "requel" as they wish to call it is replete with tons of inside jokes, pop culture, irreverent comparisons to the previous Scream movies, and features fresh faced actors, while bringing back the old favorites,

None of it succeeds beyond entertaining at best and tedious as usual.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Scream:

This "requel" as they wish to call it is replete with tons of inside jokes, pop culture, irreverent comparisons to the previous Scream movies, and features fresh faced actors, while bringing back the old favorites,

None of it succeeds beyond entertaining at best and tedious as usual.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS
    Tough crowd!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Saw Encanto the other night. I always think I'm not going to like current Disney animated movies, and then they all turn out to be great, including this one.

Saw Cruella last night. I had no great attachment to 101 Dalmatians (in any form), and when I saw (upon starting it) that it was 2:17 long, I thought wow, this might be hard to get through. Wrong - this was fucking fantastic; I only wish it were longer, and I'm glad to hear they're working on Cruella 2. Emma Stone is compelling in every sense of the word; the soundtrack was ballsy; the other characters were great.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Burning - An extremely good film that will likely get the full bump up to a full 5 after a rewatch 4/5

More on Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/burning-2018/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Burning is one of my favorite films of the 2010's. There's just so much subtext and layers to it. I think about that film often, will probably rewatch it sometime soon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Burning is an absolute masterpiece. I too still think about it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lady From Shanghai - What a weirdly made fucking movie. It's too terrible to be good and it's got too many redeeming qualities to be bad. So it's just fine. 3/5

More at Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...from-shanghai/

Country
    Country Flag

Where can I see this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Where can I see this?

I bought mine on Xbox through the microsoft store.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Lady From Shanghai - What a weirdly made fucking movie. It's too terrible to be good and it's got too many redeeming qualities to be bad. So it's just fine. 3/5

It's not his best film, but I still really enjoyed it. That mirror scene is just phenomenal.

Where can I see this?
    I believe I watched it on Prime. I wasn't quite as enthralled with it as everyone else, but I did enjoy it. I should probably give it another watch sometime.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

It's not his best film, but I still really enjoyed it. That mirror scene is just phenomenal.

Where can I see this?
    I believe I watched it on Prime. I wasn't quite as enthralled with it as everyone else, but I did enjoy it. I should probably give it another watch sometime.
    It's also on Hoopla, which is a great free service offered by many libraries. If your library doesn't have it, you can request it and they will get it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Where can I see this?
    You guys were joking about this film "Burning", right? The Prime movie from, S. Korea? That's 2.5 hrs of my life I'll never get back!!! It sucked mightily!!!
    The lead actor was a Korean version of "Bubba" from, Forrest Gump!!! You guys are either nuts or have very low standards for films IMHO Foe the life of me I failed to see any merit to it at all. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Oh man, now I have to see Burning! Thanks Bill!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You guys were joking about this film "Burning", right? The Prime movie from, S. Korea? That's 2.5 hrs of my life I'll never get back!!! It sucked mightily!!!
    The lead actor was a Korean version of "Bubba" from, Forrest Gump!!! You guys are either nuts or have very low standards for films IMHO Foe the life of me I failed to see any merit to it at all. lol

You have to have pretty high standards to enjoy Burning.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You gotta lay off the crack, my friend. lol Tell me, what was it about this film that you found brilliant? I couldn't identify a single positive thing in it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You gotta lay off the crack, my friend. lol Tell me, what was it about this film that you found brilliant? I couldn't identify a single positive thing in it.

The terrific nuanced performances and complex characters, the stellar cinematography and the use of natural light, crisp editing, subtle, slowburn storytelling that trusts the audience can put 2 and 2 together, great production design, and the overall unanswered mystery at the heart of the film and how the events of the film linger because you know you'll never have definitive answers for everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 441 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 ... LastLast