Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 426 of 441 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 ... LastLast
Results 10,626 to 10,650 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't care what anyone else thinks, but Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy is still the best yet. And it'll be pretty hard to top, Ledgers "Joker!! Of course that's just MHO FWIW but its my call and I'm sticking to it!! lol
    The Dark Knight is still the best Batman film, but The Batman might have taken the No. 2 spot for me, over Batman Begins. My current ranking is

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Batman
    3. Batman Begins
    4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    5. The Dark Knight Rises
    Definitely happy to see Mask of the Phantasm in there, feev.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't care what anyone else thinks, but Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy is still the best yet. And it'll be pretty hard to top, Ledgers "Joker!! Of course that's just MHO FWIW but its my call and I'm sticking to it!! lol
    The Dark Knight is still the best Batman film, but The Batman might have taken the No. 2 spot for me, over Batman Begins. My current ranking is

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Batman
    3. Batman Begins
    4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    5. The Dark Knight Rises
    Definitely happy to see Mask of the Phantasm in there, feev.
    Have you seen the two part Long Halloween? That was fantastic but not sure where to add to your list. Unless a top 10?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen Everything Everywhere All at Once? I really let the film sit with me for a few days and I'm confident now to call it a masterpiece. It's one of the very best films I've seen in a long time. It's super original and is unapologetic about its goofiness.

The film is directed by the guys who directed Swiss Army Man, so if you liked that one, then you kind of know what you're in for.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap, I kept meaning to type a review in here but I got lazy (surprise).

EEAAO is my favorite movie of 2022. Hell it might be one of my favorite movies of the past 10 years. 5/5

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap, I kept meaning to type a review in here but I got lazy (surprise).

EEAAO is my favorite movie of 2022. Hell it might be one of my favorite movies of the past 10 years. 5/5
    Yes! I knew you would love it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Men" today at a theater. I'm close to a loss of words to describe the movie, in particular the third reel.

A young English woman, shortly after watching her estranged husband commit suicide seeks solace in a remote 500 year old English countryside house. Things slowly build in eeriness, and tension mostly via the amazing cinematography and subtle soundtrack.

Without giving too much away; the third reel reaches so many climaxes as to make one sit on the edge of their seat, cringe, and titter. Unforgettable images will remain in your thoughts and mind for a long time. Truly unforgettable-a combination of acid, mushrooms, cannabis, and synthetic drugs couldn't reproduce this, yet are the closest I can compare it to.

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

A Must See.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I'm seeing it on Sunday, can't freaking wait!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard very mixed things about Men. I was thinking about seeing it but I'm going to wait to watch it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Men is one of my most visually disturbing and infuriating movies I've ever seen. I spent the last 20 minutes with my mouth open with a what-the-hell-am-I-watching? expression on my face. I was incredibly disappointed (for the same reasons I was disappointed in Mother!). Metaphors don't mean a thing if you don't have the story to back it up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Very interesting. This one might be destined to divide people for a long time.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked Men. I still prefer Annihilation and Ex Machina, but this was great again. Movies like this are an experience, I feel like, it doesn't so much matter what the story is or the message. It's fun to discuss the allegory or symbolism, but just as a nightmarish dreamscape this was fantastic. I love movies like this, that, to quote Ricky above, make you go "what the hell am I watching"? But in a good way.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Men was dope. Like Ricky I too was initially a little peeved by the lack of anything resembling answers (mind you, I am not someone who needs art to spoon feed me answers), but over time I've come to appreciate the open-ended approach Garland took.

It's definitely an experience though. Garland is one of the few directors who automatically gets my dollars because he's always trying to push the boundaries of the kind of stories you can tell in large scale format.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Men was dope. Like Ricky I too was initially a little peeved by the lack of anything resembling answers (mind you, I am not someone who needs art to spoon feed me answers), but over time I've come to appreciate the open-ended approach Garland took.

It's definitely an experience though. Garland is one of the few directors who automatically gets my dollars because he's always trying to push the boundaries of the kind of stories you can tell in large scale format.

Ferny, I apologize in advance, but I kinda take exception to being characterized as someone less than intelligent because I prefer good writing. Yes, sometimes it is spot on and appropriate to leave a story to one's imagination like \, TDT did. However, in most cases I feel its more a case of lazy or inferior writing. If you have a story to tell there should be a beginning, a middle and an "Ending". Seems like more and more shows/films are "copping out" with the no ending technique and calling it "art" these days.

Honest injun, haven't we all complained about, Mr King and endings at one time or another? like "The Stand" for instance (although that did have an ending of sorts, just not a very good one IMHO)?

Just my three beans, my friend. Complete disclosure, I have not viewed this film as yet though, I intend to when I can.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

@Bill

"Art doesn't offer answers, only questions."
    -Michael Haneke

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or surrealist or abstract art.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

@Bill

"Art doesn't offer answers, only questions."
    -Michael Haneke

One man's opinion. I call BS otherwise. Doesn't make me stupid because I prefer something else though, buddy.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No one's calling you stupid bro. Don't put words in my mouth.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

W/E
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm tired, but I read back the recent posts 3 times and I don't even see it implied.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, why does everything have to be about you?
    You come out of nowhere to take offense to an observation that doesn't even involve you, let alone your opinion, about a movie you HAVEN'T even seen.
    Must you always be the center of attention?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bill, why does everything have to be about you?
    You come out of nowhere to take offense to an observation that doesn't even involve you, let alone your opinion, about a movie you HAVEN'T even seen.
    Must you always be the center of attention?
    Much to your chagrin I'm sure, I am not going to dignify that post with a response. i was done with the subject before YOU decided to weigh in with your two cents.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad.
    Just sad.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting back on track. Viewed Top Gun Maverick today on a true Imax screen.

Rarely does a sequel equal, let alone surpass the first film, but this one does.
    Works on every level and delivers above and beyond expectations.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

In a world full of second chance failures do we rarely get a Terminator 2 or a Dark Knight… but we do with Top Gun Maverick. Oh boy do we….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler Baphomet is on a distinguished road

Last film I watched was a Norwegian film 'The Innocents'.
    Film of the year for me so far. Could easily have been based on a Lindqvist book, would describe it as a cross between Let the Right One In, Carrie and Patrick.

Highly recommended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 426 of 441 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 ... LastLast