Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 441 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984: Two out of Five.

I didn't HATE it, but I thought it was bland all the way through, with some very strange writing choices. And this is coming from someone that really likes all the other DC movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I just finished WW84. It is a pretty shocking regression from WW1, which was probably the best DC film not named Batman. Bland, contrived, messy, and what's up with SNL style acting from some of the extras? That mall sequence in particular was cringe worthy. Gal Gadot might be the only saving grace, she embodies Diana to perfection.

The first hour is probably the worst first hour of any CBM I've ever seen. The last 30 minutes are decent but by then its already too late. Hope this isn't an ominous sign for the future of DC.

2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I just finished WW84. It is a pretty shocking regression from WW1, which was probably the best DC film not named Batman. Bland, contrived, messy, and what's up with SNL style acting from some of the extras? That mall sequence in particular was cringe worthy. Gal Gadot might be the only saving grace, she embodies Diana to perfection.

The first hour is probably the worst first hour of any CBM I've ever seen. The last 30 minutes are decent but by then its already too late. Hope this isn't an ominous sign for the future of DC.

2/5
    I agree. It was pretty boring, slow, poor villains, poor acting, and not a good story at all. It was from the same director so I'm wondering why it fell down hill.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

WW84 was just bad as others have stated. I had some hopes for it since I actually enjoyed WW minus the studio forced CGI crapfest that was the final fight and I haven't enjoyed much of the new DC besides Shazam. The only thing I actually enjoyed was the end credits scene. Very disappointing as I thought maybe DC was starting to get stuff right. I do have some hope for Suicide Squad thanks to James Gunn.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I also watched Soul and will give that 4/5. Not as good as Inside Out in my opinion but a touching, thought provoking Pixar movie. The soundtrack is killer. It boggles my mind that some people are complaining about this movie but I won't discuss that here as it would be spoilerish.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

4 people in my family watched it Xmas day, I was in another room watching sports. The general consensus from people who REALLY wanted it to be good was that it was bloviated, (at least 30 minutes too long) and for the large part fucked up. They all hope Godot moves onto something more suited to her quite good acting chops.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

News of the World. Tom Hanks doing what he is good at. The good guy that we always cheer for. Very good movie, about the middle of the pack in his stuff. Worth seeing and enjoyable.
    4/5
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rewatched "First Reformed" last night. What a divine movie. 6/6 on the RFSRS.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WW1984 - I will put it out there for all to attack. I really, really, really, liked this sequel. Obviously not as good as the first one, but a very enjoyable time out at the theater was had by all. Our local theater rents out its large theater, so my wife, my two teenage daughters, and myself had the whole theater to ourselves - a great XMAS gift for the family. This was our first movie in a theater since the pandemic began. I just don't get where all the vitriol is coming from on this one. We all enjoyed it immensely. 8/10 - so go ahead, let the attacks begin.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I loved it, but I posted about it in the DC films thread. Not as good as the first, but what can be?
    MANY movies have bested their sequels... just look to their main competition.... Marvel
    MANY is so overstated. I appreciate your hyperbole. Rarely do sequels best the original. And Marvel has been like a yo-yo. For every Winter Soldier, there is an Iron Man II. Do some real reflecting here dude.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I loved it, but I posted about it in the DC films thread. Not as good as the first, but what can be?
    MANY movies have bested their sequels... just look to their main competition.... Marvel
    MANY is so overstated. I appreciate your hyperbole. Rarely do sequels best the original. And Marvel has been like a yo-yo. For every Winter Soldier, there is an Iron Man II. Do some real reflecting here dude.
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Christmas Vacation
    Terminator 2
    Evil Dead 2
    Logan
    Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
    Godfather, Part 2
    Dark Knight
    Any of the subsequent Mission Impossible movies
    Aliens

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i wasn't only talking marvel.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WW1984 - I will put it out there for all to attack. I really, really, really, liked this sequel. Obviously not as good as the first one, but a very enjoyable time out at the theater was had by all. Our local theater rents out its large theater, so my wife, my two teenage daughters, and myself had the whole theater to ourselves - a great XMAS gift for the family. This was our first movie in a theater since the pandemic began. I just don't get where all the vitriol is coming from on this one. We all enjoyed it immensely. 8/10 - so go ahead, let the attacks begin.
    I appreciate the martyrdom lol, but honestly it's not that difficult to grasp. Myself and others have already covered it itt: a major step down from the first film. It rang hollow in comparison. Sloppy writing (everything regarding Chris Pine's return was pandering, especially the way he's reintroduced into the film), poorly written villains, a long run time that doesn't nearly fill its time with meaningful moments.

To top it all off, the film is just boring. We went from the emotional stakes of WW1 and the literal God of War as Diana's adversaries to a hammy villain with bad prosthetic that says things like "your father is a loser guy" and a nerdy geologist whose ultimate wish is to be an apex predator so we can see her cringy CGI-transformation.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I think - I can't comprehend how people could see this film and tell themselves that it's anything but painfully average at best. I think people so badly want this to be good escapism because of what's happened in 2020 that they overlook its many, many flaws.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate the martyrdom lol, but honestly it's not that difficult to grasp. Myself and others have already covered it itt: a major step down from the first film. It rang hollow in comparison. Sloppy writing (everything regarding Chris Pine's return was pandering, especially the way he's reintroduced into the film), poorly written villains, a long run time that doesn't nearly fill its time with meaningful moments.

To top it all off, the film is just boring. We went from the emotional stakes of WW1 and the literal God of War as Diana's adversaries to a hammy villain with bad prosthetic that says things like "your father is a loser guy" and a nerdy geologist whose ultimate wish is to be an apex predator so we can see her cringy CGI-transformation.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I think - I can't comprehend how people could see this film and tell themselves that it's anything but painfully average at best. I think people so badly want this to be good escapism because of what's happened in 2020 that they overlook its many, many flaws.
    Having a theatre ALL to your family would heighten the experience of any film though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember when my mom worked for Pizza Hut and all the commodity rented a movie theater for late night showings for all employees in the area, and their families. Me and my friend got to see Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within two days early and no one else watched it. It lived up to all the hype for us. Crazy that the film is only recently starting to look dated in its animation. Still a good film too.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Wonder Woman 1984 last night and really enjoyed it. I'm not a die-hard WW fan (though I did like the first movie), but I had a great time with it and thought it was a lot of fun. It was long, and even as I was watching some scenes I knew they should've been cut, but I was never bored. I thought it moved pretty quickly and I really appreciated that the climax was more grounded than the CGI climax of the first movie (the fight with Ares). Gadot, Pine, and Wiig all gave great performances, I thought the score was pretty great, and the end credit scene was pretty neat.

Unfortunately, WW1984 suffers from the same issue as many of the DC films: it's got a big villain problem. Max Lord was too over-the-top as the antagonist and the few emotional character insights given to him in the climax was too little too late. If they had instead focused entirely on Cheetah as the villain, it would've been way more successful...especially since Barbara didn't get nearly enough character development as she should've.

Miscellaneous: Steve Trevor's return (especially his first scene with Diana) wasn't handled as deftly as it could've and should've been. Setting the movie in 1984 was cool and fun but ultimately didn't offer much to the final product and seemed more of a marketing/nostalgia gimmick than story necessity. And I really wish the whole plot of the movie didn't revolve around a magic wishing stone. I understand the whole "evil god created it" thing, and it makes sense in the WW universe, but it just felt like lazy storytelling.

My criticisms might make it seem like I didn't enjoy it, but I really did. It was fun, escapist entertainment, especially since I don't think I've seen a good popcorn movie since before the pandemic. Overall, I think I'd give Wonder Woman 1984 a B.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm totally with you, no idea why it's being received so lukewarmly. I loved the original, the No Man's Land scene made me cry so hard, I remember, but I cried multiple times during 84. It was much more emotional. And that mid-credits scene! The wink killed me, I was bawling my eyes out!

I saw some negative comments saying this was like the old Wonder Woman show with Lynda Carter, as if that's a bad thing! I think it was in part a conscious homage to that show, obviously!

I think a lot of the people having a negative reaction is the movie being not what they wanted it to be. Well, tough luck. Movies are what they are, and they should be judged on what they are, not what we would've wanted them to be. I'm really tired of this argument, actually. "They should've done this, why didn't they do this? The trailers promised something else...." The movie is the movie, there is no should. The trailers are irrelevant.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonder Woman made me cry too, but because of how terrible it was

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonder Woman 1984 was painfully dry at times. It's not a complete turd like some are making it out to be, but as Fernando said, I find it hard to wrap my head around how anyone could consider it anything but average at best. Honestly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought some of the CGI was really bad. Nobody is talking about it, but Wiig's character looked just as bad as the CGI in Cats.

I really think many people were so desperate to have a mainstream film to enjoy that they have blinders on.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Vacation
    Terminator 2
    Evil Dead 2
    Logan
    Godfather, Part 2
    Dark Knight
    Aliens
    So, are we judging all sequels or just direct sequels. You seem to have a hodgepodge of examples. You can't have it both ways, if you want all of them, as in your Mission Impossible movies, then you have to take into account Godfather: Part 3. Still not buying your list as covering "many," which was the statement. Keep listing.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Christmas Vacation
    Terminator 2
    Evil Dead 2
    Logan
    Godfather, Part 2
    Dark Knight
    Aliens
    So, are we judging all sequels or just direct sequels. You seem to have a hodgepodge of examples. You can't have it both ways, if you want all of them, as in your Mission Impossible movies, then you have to take into account Godfather: Part 3. Still not buying your list as covering "many," which was the statement. Keep listing.
    Hey it’s my opinion and not looking for an argument with ya. Glad you enjoyed your movie too however, there are many sequels that are better in my eyes! Not just the ones listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idk if I'd say there are many direct sequels that are better than the original, but to Web's point there are more than a few sequels - regardless if direct or legacy- that surpassed the original. Some of them have been listed in the post above.

In any case, I'm hoping WW3 is a return to form. Luckily Geoff Johns has been fired as head of DCU and he won't be around to taint further films with his subpar writing. They really need to reload and figure things out because Diana/Gal deserve much better than this.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984 was painfully dry at times. It's not a complete turd like some are making it out to be, but as Fernando said, I find it hard to wrap my head around how anyone could consider it anything but average at best. Honestly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought some of the CGI was really bad. Nobody is talking about it, but Wiig's character looked just as bad as the CGI in Cats.

I really think many people were so desperate to have a mainstream film to enjoy that they have blinders on.
    Agreed. I saw better CGI in the original Jaws
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Vacation
    Terminator 2
    Evil Dead 2
    Logan
    Godfather, Part 2
    Dark Knight
    Aliens
    Hey it’s my opinion and not looking for an argument with ya. Glad you enjoyed your movie too however, there are many sequels that are better in my eyes! Not just the ones listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No "arguments" here - we're always good. I like the debate. I was just wondering/looking for more titles. I just find there are so few sequels that are any good, while you cite many. I was looking for dialog on sequels, not a fight.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Agreed. I saw better CGI in the original Jaws
    There was no CGI in Jaws, or is that your point? Incidentally, Jaws is my favorite film of all time, one holds up about as a well as any film can.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

STOP!!!!!

DO NOT RENT/BUY "HONEST THIEF"!!!!

OMG!!! Lian Neeson should be ashamed that he agreed to star in this film. I suppose its a testament to gard times for Hollywood that it would even be given consideration for production. The Screenwriter, Allrich must have dashed this one off while sitting on the toilet. This movie has one of the dumbsest plots I have ever had the misfortune of viewing. The actors, and there are a few top line guys in it, must really need the money or the studio did anyway.

Spoiler:
    Neeson, an honest bank robber, falls in love and decides to turn himself in to the most incompenet FBI agents ever to wear the badge. Neeson, has been robbing banks clean as the "In n Out Bandit" for 9 years. He amasses a total of $9 million and meets a girl, falls in love and quits robbing for an entire year. He never spends any of the money and decides in order to marry the girl he must come clean and turn himself in to the authorities with a deal for light punsihment. No one believes him, but 2 agents go to get his confession and sieze the money. The two agents decide to go rogue, take the money and kill Neeson. Shit goes sideways and another agent is killed and the rogue agents blame it on, Neeson.

What follows is a ridiculous romp through, Boston. While our hero tries to clear his name, confess and marry the girl. All this occurs while, Neeson calmly goes about his plan with no, FBI manhunt or real pursuit whatsoever!! I won't go any further with the plt, but I'm sure you can guess what transpires. There really isn't much action or FX. I guess those guys save their money for the future and any dire circumstances like the Pandemic.Needless to say I give this film -3 on the RF movie review scale.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw a film titled "Dark Waters", which is cureently running on, Showtime. It's a "based on atrue story" film about a lawyer and his firm that take on, Dupont over a chemical called "C-8" which is tegral in the manufacturing of, Teflon. I thought it was an execellent production with a star studded cast. It's also probably something you SHOULD watch given the wide spread use of Teflon. It's entertaining and very informative with great acting. I give it a "7" on the RF movie rating scale of "0-6" beers.

I know my wife and I are in the process of reviewing all our cooking pans and you probably should as well. Watch it if you can!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 441 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 ... LastLast