Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blockade Billy

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cycle only remains uncollected because it's part graphic novel. But I don't care about whether it gets collected later on, I'm more interested in finding out if there is ever going to be a print version of UR.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

Isn't it possible that the mass market will only get a paperback of it and it will remain a separate book like The Colorado Kid?

Maybe several years down the line when his publisher wants to make extra money with little to no extra work from King, they'll put out another novella collection and throw both this book and Colorado Kid in a mass market HC along with Throttle...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

An audio version will be out next month:

Simon & Schuster Audio, May 2010
    Compact Disk, 2 disks
    ISBN-10: 1442336587
    ISBN-13: 9781442336582

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just got this from CD...

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetery Dance
    Hi everyone!
    I'm pleased to officially announce that Lonely Road Books is producing a deluxe signed Limited Edition of Blockade Billy, which will be published later this summer.

Due to the high demand for this title and the VERY low print run (among the lowest for a Stephen King Limited Edition in many years), Cemetery Dance is going to be selling the available copies for us via a "random drawing."

This has been the standard practice for some other presses dealing in Stephen King Limited Editions and it seems like the most fair way to sell this small of a print run. Every interested collector gets "one entry" and has the same chance of winning the right to purchase one copy of the Limited Edition or the Lettered Edition.

So you don't have to watch the website at a specific time and hope to get lucky with timing your order just right, etc. It doesn't matter where in the world you live or when you work or if you're going to be away for a day. Every collector has the same chance to purchase a copy for their collection.

There is absolutely no cost to enter this random drawing, but by entering you are committing to purchase a copy if your name is selected. Please read all of the details on our website, including limitation and pricing, before you enter yourself in the drawing.

You can visit www.LonelyRoadBooks.com for complete details.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

At $450 for the S/L I think this is way overpriced and too rich for my blood! If it were a full sized novel then perhaps but its a novella at best and way too pricey! I'll stick with th eCD First Edition for $25.00.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

Should have photoshopped a pic of SK in his early 20s.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$450 for a tiny 120-ish page book is too pricey, IMO. Even the UTD price for the S/L was lower, and it was much more popular/anticpated.

The first edition will have to suffice in my case.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

Should have photoshopped a pic of SK in his early 20s.
    Agreed.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a lot of money for a small novella

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Trade Edition of Blockade Billy c/w Bonus

From SKMB:

Stephen and Cemetery Dance have made an arrangement with Scribner to make available a less expensive hardcover edition of Blockade Billy, with an on-sale date of May 25th, the same date the audiobook goes on sale. The Scribner edition will be available in all US & Canadian retail outlets. Both the Scribner book and the Simon & Schuster audiobook will feature a bonus short story ("Morality"). In the meantime, an eBook edition of Blockade Billy should go on sale through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Sony on April 20th.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

WOW! Ya know, they HAD to have know about this all along! There is NO way that they can do that much that fast, so sorry.

Well, we know who wanted to make the money first!

And I know which edition I will be buying!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well that's a bummer. But "Morality" should be included in King's eventual next short story collection. Already placed my order for the CD edition of Billy; if the price is low enough, I'll get the Scribner edition as well, maybe.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Per Scribner

Our Price: $14.99
    Scribner, May 2010
    Paper Over Board, 144 pages
    ISBN-10: 1451608217
    ISBN-13: 9781451608212

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea what "Paper Over Board" is?

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like a TPB?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

No, it's a hardcover.

Hardcover without a dust jacket according to this page: In Praise of Paper-Over-Board

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is good news for me. As much as I love King I don't collect books for any reason other than to have a nice reader copy (preferably in hardback). Having to wait an extra month to read a baseball story doesn't bother me much.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

that sounds interesting...I will have to pick up a copy just to check it out.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As I said elsewhere, I'll pick up a Scribner edition for my reading copy and keep the CD one as part of my collection.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an email from Mindy at CD stating that the Scribner edition will NOT include any of the interior illustrations.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder about the ebookbthat will go on sale the 20th. Based on the CD edition?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just received confirmation that Hodder & Stoughton is publisihing Blockade Billy in the UK:

Hodder will publish in hardback, on 25 May 2010, at £9.99. An audio version of the book will also be available.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast