Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

it makes perfect sense why they did though if you think about it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the Lodge too, it was mildly entertaining, but now that I was reading the posts here, i had to go back to imdb to remind myself what it was about. Better than about 70 percent of horrors I've recently watched, but still not good enough.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Relic 2020.
    The acting was really good, and the story wasn't bad. The less you know the better. The Lodge was better imo. 3/5
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So mad that Halloween Kills is now moved to October 2021 - damn Covid-19 strikes again.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know, me too. But if that means that (maybe, hopefully) we'll be able to see it as a theatrical experience rather than VOD, then I'm willing to accept it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

A buddy tells me the entertainment world is looking for low budget or lower budget horror scripts set in a small setting. If you think about it, you see several recent movies like this. The Lodge, Relic, Rental, Amulet, off the top of my head.
    Just something to mull over.

Amulet
    I was looking forward to this. I seem to be a sucker for movies with great scenery. I miss these types of real trees. Living way down south in the US, I hate the vegetation. Anyway, a homeless guy moves into a house with this woman who is taking care of her mother. Horror I guess, but not really to me. Overall I didn't like the acting or story. It felt too much like Relic which was much better. 2/5.

Rental
    Another I really wanted to see. Two couples rent a giant home and something happens, and well, I can't spoil it. Repetitive like most movies like this. However, the actors worked great together and their lives intertwine to make the story feel entertaining and interesting. I liked the characters and their dialogue as they all fit well within their chemistry. I liked the Lodge better with that storyline, but I liked The Rental because of the 4 main characters. 3/5.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    A buddy tells me the entertainment world is looking for low budget or lower budget horror scripts set in a small setting. If you think about it, you see several recent movies like this. The Lodge, Relic, Rental, Amulet, off the top of my head.
    Just something to mull over.

Amulet
    I was looking forward to this. I seem to be a sucker for movies with great scenery. I miss these types of real trees. Living way down south in the US, I hate the vegetation. Anyway, a homeless guy moves into a house with this woman who is taking care of her mother. Horror I guess, but not really to me. Overall I didn't like the acting or story. It felt too much like Relic which was much better. 2/5.

Rental
    Another I really wanted to see. Two couples rent a giant home and something happens, and well, I can't spoil it. Repetitive like most movies like this. However, the actors worked great together and their lives intertwine to make the story feel entertaining and interesting. I liked the characters and their dialogue as they all fit well within their chemistry. I liked the Lodge better with that storyline, but I liked The Rental because of the 4 main characters. 3/5.
    Blumhouse does it best. The Invisible Man was made for 7 million bucks. That's what studios are looking for. It made over 130 million. And that's with Corona cutting into its legs.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Blumhouse definitely does it best. I love the Invisible Man. However, I wish the ending would have been open ended with a darker undertone.
    spoiler ending

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Blumhouse definitely does it best. I love the Invisible Man. However, I wish the ending would have been open ended with a darker undertone.
    spoiler ending
    Nah, the ending was perfect. When she whispered
    Spoiler:
    surprise
    my theater cheered.

Spoiler:
    I don't think it's crazy to think there were 3 suits. He was working on prototypes, so it makes sense he would have a few. I do believe both brothers were in the house together at the same time at the end. Sydney hits IM#1 with the pepper spray. She then flees her bedroom and gets clotheslined in the hallway. There's no way IM#1 would be able to compose himself from the pepper spray hit and then somehow get in front of her. There had to be another person in a suit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    spoiler ending
    Spoiler:
    surprise
    my theater cheered.

Spoiler:
    I don't think it's crazy to think there were 3 suits. He was working on prototypes, so it makes sense he would have a few. I do believe both brothers were in the house together at the same time at the end. Sydney hits IM#1 with the pepper spray. She then flees her bedroom and gets clotheslined in the hallway. There's no way IM#1 would be able to compose himself from the pepper spray hit and then somehow get in front of her. There had to be another person in a suit.
    I can live with your assessment. But I still wanted a darker ending

My Mood
    Confused

Sputnik
    A horror movie, Russian subtitled, where astronauts crash and the only survivor has an alien inside him. Overall I really enjoyed this movie. The story kept me interested especially as to where it was going and to what end there was for the astronaut who was oblivious to what had happened to him. The acting was good, the special effects were solid, and it was a solid horror alien film. It's no Alien or The Thing, but it was a good movie IMO. I would definitely watch it again. 7/10

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    spoiler ending
    Spoiler:
    surprise
    my theater cheered.

Spoiler:
    I can live with your assessment. But I still wanted a darker ending
    I thought of something.
    spoiler

My Mood
    Confused

Death of Me. Maggie Q seems to never age and is stunning in this movie. Anyway, the movie was OK. Not a world better but something new to watch, though I didn't feel it was a horror movie but more of a thriller. 3/5 or 5/10. I see people sometimes post different types of ratings so I get confused

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the trailer and it reminded me of that film from a view years ago, Devil's Due (which I didn't like at all). Is this one found footage also?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I saw the trailer and it reminded me of that film from a view years ago, Devil's Due (which I didn't like at all). Is this one found footage also?
    No. They play some footage on their phone, but not much.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I guess it has that going for it at least. Haha. I have it on my to-watch list but will probably wait to see it when it's free.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Books of Blood
    AS the movie dragged on I felt I wasn't sure what I was watching and why I was watching it. It felt sort of like an anthology movie. I lost interest in this one rather quickly and highly recommend not seeing it. 1/5 or 3/10

The Wolf of Snow Hollow
    The acting wasn't bad, the special effects weren't bad, and I do love fall and cold type sceneries. However, not much to really speak of this one. Not horrible, not really good either. 2/5 or 4/10

My Mood
    Confused

Run
    Sarah Paulson stars in this. She has a daughter who is sick and she takes care of her and the daughter suspects fowl play. Anyway, the acting is very good. That's it. The story is meh and this is not a horror movie at all. It's a thriller, not a horror movie. There are certain circumstances the daughter goes through that were beyond unbelievable, or more then likely not able to transpire. 2/5

My Mood
    Confused

Come Play
    I really wanted to see this one. It reminded me of the Babadook where there is a kid's book intertwined in the movie about a monster. Though I wasn't a fan of the mother's son in the Babadook, I did re-watch it. I liked the movie, but didn't love it because of the son and the low budget special effects. Come Play I really enjoyed. I didn't hate the kids in it lol. I liked the atmosphere, where the story went, how it progressed, the special effects, and the ending. 4/5

Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking forward to Come Play. Looking forward to seeing it soon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Freaky
    Vince Vaughn is a killer and swaps bodies with a cute high school girl and she, now he, has 24 hours to swap bodies back. Absolute garbage! 1/5 or 1/10

My Mood
    Confused

Host 2020
    An hour long. Several girl friends do a video chat and call on a spirit. The did the ritual wrong and called onto an evil one. It was all shot and seen on their computers. Not bad for what it was. 2/5

What Lies Below
    Daughter comes home to a bit of a run down home, but it is on a beautiful lake, and meets her mother's gorgeous boyfriend. More then meets the eye and something is amiss with him. It is a supernatural type movie. Acting wasn't bad, the ending was a bit of a surprise to me, and overall it was OK but not memorable. 2/5

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Try Anything for Jackson

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Try Anything for Jackson
    I watched it thank you. Story wasn't bad, the acting I felt was pretty bad, and the ending was off for me. I appreciate it, but it wasn't good to me. Don't be mad at me .

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

K, Try Hell House LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast