Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coherence is definitely what came to mind the first time I saw the trailer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just watched The Invitation. Really enjoyed it. For those that like slow horrors I'd definitely recommend it. Jean and Matt, I think you'll both enjoy it.
    I just watched this yesterday. It was great! I second the recommendation.
    k, you two did it
    bears are watching it now

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And what did you think Jean?

I'm not sure I'd compare it to Coherence. It's pretty different.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very enjoyable

I was also happy to visit imdb and make sure that nothing changed during my prolonged absence: there's, as usual, a number of reviews entitled "the worst movie ever". I am glad they haven't abandoned the tradition which prescribes that every film have at least one of those.

for me, though, it was, just as you predicted it would be, very satisfying. One of the very rare cases of screenwriters actually doing something subtle. The athmosphere is sickening, and the whole thing really bleak

and how about that one? would you recommend it to a bear?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    very enjoyable

I was also happy to visit imdb and make sure that nothing changed during my prolonged absence: there's, as usual, a number of reviews entitled "the worst movie ever". I am glad they haven't abandoned the tradition which prescribes that every film have at least one of those.

for me, though, it was, just as you predicted it would be, very satisfying. One of the very rare cases of screenwriters actually doing something subtle. The athmosphere is sickening, and the whole thing really bleak

and how about that one? would you recommend it to a bear?
    I would. It's not a favorite of mine, but it was very well done. It's not really a horror though, more scifi-ish?
    I can't remember if I've already mentioned these to you yet but I would also recommend When Animals Dream and It Follows.

Country
    Country Flag

Heather !!!!!!!!!!! It Follows was devastating. Loved loved loved it.

I remember not liking Donnie Darko, that everyone's favorite... this one has the same vibes, but really really suits my taste. I wish I could summon old bears' power and write something long about it, because it sure wants analyzing. Deliciously made (well, not without some cheapening moments... but even those look rather like a tribute to the 80s than the director's helplessness), with such special texture - very tangible and at the same time dream-like... archetypal and postmodern... I am in love with that film now, think will watch it again.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bears should watch Stranger Things if they can. I believe Netflix is now available in Russia, too.

Country
    Country Flag

it's a series, right? bears are not sure they are up to it yet

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It Follows was one of the best movies I watched last year. So damned creepy and unsettling. It looked incredible too, especially considering the budget must've been whatever change they'd got begging on the street corner.

I had no doubt in my mind that you would love that one Jean One of the best horror films in recent years. I would also second Pablo's recommendation of Stranger Things. It's only 8 episodes long so it's not a huge undertaking. Plus it has a lot of King vibes to it which should also appeal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    It Follows was one of the best movies I watched last year. So damned creepy and unsettling. It looked incredible too, especially considering the budget must've been whatever change they'd got begging on the street corner.
    Goes to show you don't need a flashy budget or over the top special effects to pull off a well executed horror film. I loved the retro vibe to it. And the music was especially good. I think I'm going ro have to go buy it so I can watch it again now

Country
    Country Flag

looks llike I found where to watch Stranger Things

will finish watching Coherence now (an outstandingly enjoyable watch so far) and look into that other thing

Country
    Country Flag

watching Stranger Things! Like it a lot, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure when I'll get to watch Stranger Things since I don't have Netflix and KickassTorrents was blown up.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Glad that bears loved It Follows. Definitely one of my favourite horrors in recent years. I really adored how much it knew how to build tension, especially when using long shots and avoiding flashy edits. Also happy to hear that bears are enjoying Stranger Things, too!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

watching Stranger Things! Like it a lot, thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, please post your thoughts in the Stranger Things thread!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm not sure when I'll get to watch Stranger Things since I don't have Netflix and KickassTorrents was blown up.
    do a google search on top 10 torrents. It will tell you were to go .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

yes, or maybe just try googling "watch Stranger Thngs online"? that's what I did

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

yes, or maybe just try googling "watch Stranger Thngs online"? that's what I did
    A lot of pop ups and you need good internet speed but "couch tuner" is free and pretty good.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Or you know, Netflix

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Or you know, Netflix
    True, but many don't have Netdlix and the majority of users are in the US.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Bruce! I love Troma's Mother's Day. I didn't know they also made a Fathers Day.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Lights Out. Very enjoyable with good pacing and characters you care about. A little too much "wandering around in a dark, quiet house" for me, though (and a few more jump scares than it needed). Otherwise, pretty good.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast