Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great!! I already have it on my watchlist, now I'll sure get around to watching it at last

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So pumped to finally have Jean back! You have so much to catch up with, though, old bear!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am still not very good at reading, but I am going to exercise this ability here

tried to read The Babadook reviews at imdb, had tons of good laugh! "Worst movie ever" - that was expected, there's not a movie in the world without such a review - but the reasons they give, oh, that was tops!! "The little boy is annoying" and "it's not really a ghost story!!" - LOL, thankfully, there are other people there who try to explain that it's just the point. (not very successfully, though - since we all know that there's no reasoning with most people at imdb)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Creepshow I, II, III. Long time since I've seen 1 and 2. Never knew there was a third made. Wish I never knew that as it was terrible. Anyway, a blast from the past with Creepshow and it brought back old memories .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Hollow I really didn't like at all.
    The Hallow was a European film and it was shockingly not that bad at all
    Extinction 2015 with Mathew Fox. Actually a good zombie movie though it was more about loneliness and making amends. Not that bad. And had a unique zombie twist......for once.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just watched this fun horror film The Final Girls. I'd definitely recommend it. This girl who's mom was a famous Scream queen of the 80s passes away. She goes to see a showing of her most famous film, and ends up getting transported into the film where they must fight off the killer.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

have been watching horrors again

The Visit
    - very decent, devinitely fun to watch, well-acted and soundly filmed. Unfortunately
    Spoiler:
    I kept hoping for a better twist. Not that I expected the one that was there - but after it came, I was disappointed: the story became much too straight. I had kept imagining things... mother actually having done somethng on "that day"... the horrible depravity and evil inside the family, not outside... Well, you know.

Anguish - fantastic score. Fantastic. Beautifully acted, too, I really fell in love with that amoeba-like, somnambulistic young actress trying her best to plausibly present mildly autistic condition. Too bad the storyline sucked.

June - Oops. Watched it the day before yesterday, and alreadly have problems remembering what it was about. But I don't remember falling asleep while watching, either, so gave it a generous 2 instead of the 1 it deserves.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Jean, try to find Goodnight Mommy. Not exactly horror, but I think you'll really enjoy it. Oh and if you want a fun mindless film check out Krampus.

Country
    Country Flag

couldn't find either where I get them

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Sinister 2 last night. For a sequel, I actually really enjoyed it. You kind of know the "aim" since it's pretty much the same as the first (
    Spoiler:
    demonic spirit corrupts kids to get them to murder their families
    ), but it was executed really well. Good acting and development for characters we actually care about, well edited, hardly any jump scares. I think my only complaint would be the abrupt ending with its lack of a wrap-up.

Also, is it just me or are child actors getting better?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

it's really good to hear. I was put off by all the negative reviews (mainly amounting to: ...and then they went and ruined it) and never watched it. It's nice to know there's another horror out there that bears might enjoy.

(just finished As Above, So Below, which was gawd-awful)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the first Sinister, Jean?

And yeah, As Above, So Below WAS awful.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    have been watching horrors again

The Visit
    - very decent, devinitely fun to watch, well-acted and soundly filmed. Unfortunately
    Spoiler:
    I kept hoping for a better twist. Not that I expected the one that was there - but after it came, I was disappointed: the story became much too straight. I had kept imagining things... mother actually having done somethng on "that day"... the horrible depravity and evil inside the family, not outside... Well, you know.

Anguish - fantastic score. Fantastic. Beautifully acted, too, I really fell in love with that amoeba-like, somnambulistic young actress trying her best to plausibly present mildly autistic condition. Too bad the storyline sucked.

June - Oops. Watched it the day before yesterday, and alreadly have problems remembering what it was about. But I don't remember falling asleep while watching, either, so gave it a generous 2 instead of the 1 it deserves.
    I really liked the Visit. I was so overwhelmed at how well it came out since my good friend worked on it (when it was still called Sundowning) and she said it was probably going to be terrible. A friend of hers did the editing and he did a wonderful job of it. I thought the twist was good because I never would have guessed that.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Oh yes, - twice. It was fun to watch: sufficiently creepy, very enjoyable, the mocumentary fragments were perfect. That's why I didn't want to watch the sequel, after all those reviews
    yeah, sooooo boring... I've just watched a ridiculously bad horror called Pernicious, but being super-dumb, poorly acted and altogether idiotic, I still managed to winkle some fun out of it, while AASB was just a waste of time

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked AASB
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, if you liked the first I want to say that you'll enjoy 2 as well. It doesn't have that "true crime" aspect that the first one had--it's much more focused on a mom and her two kids and Bughuul's influence over them.

Let me know what you think when you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I liked AASB
    Shh...no you didn't.

But I did like The Visit a lot and was surprised at how good it was as well.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

bears adore it when horror movies are focused around moms and especially their kids! thank you for the tip-off!!

Country
    Country Flag

No problem! The kids were especially good and believable. The family dynamic reminded me (a little) of parts of Goodnight Mommy, especially with the twins.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Sinister 2 was better then I thought it would be and I enjoyed it. Not as good as the first one as I did love Hawke in that movie.
    As Above So Below had a good idea, but it failed miserably for me and I am tired of cam movies.
    Regression just popped up with Ethan Hawke. Long drawl about Hawke being a cop and checking into a murder with satanic dispositions. I didn't like it at all and I really like Hawke a lot.
    The Visit I complained earlier about in this thread. I hated it. Sorry.

I'm waiting for The VVitch. February 23rd it is coming to rent/own.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the Shadow is trying to be this year's Babbadook at Sundance 2016. Its an Iranian horror film about the Djinn.

I liked it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's getting a wide theatrical release. I've seen the trailer a few times at the movies. But yeah, it looks really good. And I also want to see The Boy. I'm a sucker for creepy doll movies.

Saw The Forest last week and it was terrible.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's getting a wide theatrical release. I've seen the trailer a few times at the movies. But yeah, it looks really good. And I also want to see The Boy. I'm a sucker for creepy doll movies.

Saw The Forest last week and it was terrible.
    I heard that about the Forest. And yes I am curious about The Boy and will see it regardless. I will see the Forest though. Have to get the horror fix lol.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Under the Shadow is trying to be this year's Babbadook at Sundance 2016. Its an Iranian horror film about the Djinn.

I liked it.
    Really want to see that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast