Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just watched the original Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. It was pretty much how I thought it would be. Good film, although not scary at all. I think you had to see it back in the day when it was on tv to really get that effect from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Another good modern indie horror flick was Lovely Molly. A solid haunting flick, there's a couple flicks I could compare it to, but won't as it might give some stuff away. Not specifically unique, but not cliche either and it's well done.
    Just added this one to my list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    My buddy always told me the eye thing in Zombie was the worst thing he ever saw on film. I'd have to think about what the most gruesome thing might be in film. Fulci's Zombie eye stab? Anyone have another thought? Zombie vs shark was funny.
    That's a good one, but I'd say that fingernail scene from Takashi Miike's Masters of Horror movie is probably my top pick. It's actually what swore me off watching any more of his films

"The Entity" 1982. Haven't seen this in a long time, but when I saw it, the whole haunting experience really haunted me. Allegedly based on a true story and the music when she is attacked was brutal. Maybe today it won't bother me after all these years, but I still remember the music. Short loud bursts of the same notes over, and over, and over.
    I've been dying to see this one. I've had it in my netflix list forever, but for some reason they don't carry it. Guess I'll just have to buy it.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love The Beyond. That is some top tier Fulci, if you ask me. While not a perfect film, I enjoyed The Keep as well. Has some great (for it's time) visuals.
    Speaking of most disturbing scenes, being an animal lover, the worst for me are the actual animal mutilations in Cannibal Holocaust. You can kill/rape/torture people all day long in a movie and I won't mind. But hurt an innocent animal...
    Despite that I still think this is a great flick.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah that's a weakness of mine as well. I can't watch anything like that.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I love The Beyond. That is some top tier Fulci, if you ask me. While not a perfect film, I enjoyed The Keep as well. Has some great (for it's time) visuals.
    Speaking of most disturbing scenes, being an animal lover, the worst for me are the actual animal mutilations in Cannibal Holocaust. You can kill/rape/torture people all day long in a movie and I won't mind. But hurt an innocent animal...
    I heard the turtle scene was actually real, as was the cow scene in Apocalypse Now, though that was their religious practice. Still, just like you, I can watch people die all day, but kill an animal, and I have a really hard time dealing with it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was not a fan of The Keep. Killer soundtrack from Tangerine Dream but the film just felt hacked up and unfinished to me. Some great cinematography throughout, just didn't do it for me over all.

Interesting that you watched the Entity so quickly after Lovely Molly, as that was one of the films I would compare it, but chose not to earlier for fear of ruining it for you. Some pretty similar themes, if not in execution. Solid flick,,but not without a few bumps along the way.

I don't find the Beyond scary per se, though it probably was to many upon it's released. Just love the flick, weird, gory and a solid Fabio Frizzi soundtrack. The finale just makes you want to pull out your hair out though, so funny.
    I didn't watch The Entity, just thought about it and how it made me feel or react decades ago. As for the older movies, I enjoy how they seem to lack a ton of dialogue and let the character's action dictate the story. The movies seem to not tell you much and they don't tell you the hole story so that the viewer needs to decide what is happening. They were all good movies though, but yeah sometimes they seem unfinished. Like never knowing the ending of Berserk if you never read the manga and watched the older anime series. that ending kills you. Invasion of the Body Snatchers of how that ended. The Keep too. Maybe just a little more closure? Back then a lot of movies never were trilogies, or God for bid, a running storyline that goes sour after the 10th installment lol.

Thanks Needfulthings for throwing up pictures of yet again, some really cool things from your collection. Are you a retired movie producer or something? Or are you really Leland Gaunt and have amassed all these unique items from people who made deals with you they couldn't keep? I believe the second question.
    I don't care about closure, slow pacing, odd structure or if there's any dialogue at all. The Keep to me felt like an unfinished product, not as in it had an open ending but as in it looks like it ran out of budget, it was directed by an inexperienced director or it was edited/cut by producers. And I am pretty sure it is all of the above. I think it was Michael Mann's directorial debut, and it has flashes of his genius, but not fully realized.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I heard the turtle scene was actually real, as was the cow scene in Apocalypse Now, though that was their religious practice. Still, just like you, I can watch people die all day, but kill an animal, and I have a really hard time dealing with it.
    Every scene of animal dismemberment is real in it, turtle, monkey, capybara. What's done is done though, I don't necessarily approve, but it is a good film.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does Hannibal Holocaust have artistic merit or does it exist solely for the shock factor?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal Holocaust?

Was that the one where Tom Sawyer ate Becky Thatcher?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Hannibal Holocaust?

Was that the one where Tom Sawyer ate Becky Thatcher?

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Does Hannibal Holocaust have artistic merit or does it exist solely for the shock factor?
    Cannibal Holocaust is legitimately a good movie. Yes it's shocking, but it is part of the intent, it helps convey the intended message. It's also arguably the first found footage film.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha, my bad. Cannibal* Holocaust.

I've always wondered about that film, guess I'll have to check it out now. See what all the fuss is about.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Green Inferno was supposed to come out awhile ago. Not sure how different it will be from Cannibal Holocaust, but I am interested in seeing it. Gasp
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Do you think that one will ever see the light of day? I haven't heard anything about it since they pulled it's release like a year or so ago.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I yeah I've been wanting to see it for a while. Roth seems to get the shafts on distribution. Might need to get an Aussies or UK release.

As for The Keep, I was wrong, it's not Mann's directorial debut, just early in his career.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=fernandito;920955]Does Hannibal Holocaust have artistic merit or does it exist solely for the shock factor?

What do you think "SHOULD WE HAVE A POLL?"
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce your posts are so apt with so little said!

Thanks Needfulthings for throwing up pictures of yet again, some really cool things from your collection. Are you a retired movie producer or something? Or are you really Leland Gaunt and have amassed all these unique items from people who made deals with you they couldn't keep? I believe the second question.
    WHAT CAN I SAY.....
    Spoiler:

I've been dying to see this one. I've had it in my netflix list forever, but for some reason they don't carry it. Guess I'll just have to buy it.

Not one but two dvd's with that title at NEEDFULTHINGS

But then you know our MOTO here...
    Spoiler:
    " FUCK NETFLIX"
    May even let you look at the Japanese program booklet.

That's a good one, but I'd say that fingernail scene from Takashi Miike's Masters of Horror movie is probably my top pick. It's actually what swore me off watching any more of his films

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^A great endorsement if I've ever heard one.
    I'll have to check this one out too.

My Mood
    Confused

I yeah I've been wanting to see it for a while. Roth seems to get the shafts on distribution. Might need to get an Aussies or UK release.

As for The Keep, I was wrong, it's not Mann's directorial debut, just early in his career.
    Like you said, some really good moments, and then not some. Was it a great movie to me; ehhhh, but I did enjoy it. I think once you started seeing the creature is when it started going a bit south for me. I just loved the caretaker! As for Green Inferno, I've seen trailers lol. I heard it's been pushed back because it's brutal? If it ever comes out, we will see. "Cooties" is another interesting movie that was supposed to come out in 2014 with Elijah Wood, and it hasn't. I'm seeing 09-15 now.

Despite that I still think this is a great flick.[/QUOTE]

I heard the turtle scene was actually real, as was the cow scene in Apocalypse Now, though that was their religious practice. Still, just like you, I can watch people die all day, but kill an animal, and I have a really hard time dealing with it.[/QUOTE]

Every scene of animal dismemberment is real in it, turtle, monkey, capybara. What's done is done though, I don't necessarily approve, but it is a good film.[/QUOTE]

You will be Happy to know GRINDHOUSE RELEASING gives you this option.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lame. In my opinion, if you don't want to watch the movie as it was meant to be, don't watch it all.

THE QUESTION IS...."ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO HANDLE THESE?"
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard more than one person say Bambi was the most terrifying film they'd seen. I can see it from a psychological standpoint. It's a truly fantastic film for introducing kids to the concepts of life and death.

My Mood
    Confused

You want to talk about movies where a kid is surrounded by death and evil, and many of their friends and family are dying like flies? Harry Potter
    Many of the Disney films are taken from Italian stories. In school I wrote about Petrosinella aka Rapunzel. Many of their films were adapted from original works that were not family friendly. Pretty neat stuff. Where it was implied that the original Sleeping Beauty was impregnated by a prince when she was sleeping (rape). Things like that. I don't remember all of the stories though. Just a couple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast