Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Not really horror, more of a thriller really, but I was pleasantly surprised with "You're Next".
    I never heard of The Loved Ones. Added it to my queue.
    Such a fun flick. It flips a lot of the horror tropes on their head.

Shock Waves was decent too. Can't go wrong with Cushing or John Carradine (ever seen Bluebeard?) and that scene with the zombies rising from the ocean is just unnerving.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm not a big gratuitous violence guy. For whatever reason, in anime, it doesn't bother me. But when people are torturing people, it does. I enjoyed "Ils them" but I also have a hard time reading subtitles when I watch something. As in, I would like to watch and listen, and not read what I am attempting to watch. Then again, you have to read anime form Japan or wait forever for the US to English dub it, ao I have to pick my battles. I watched "Strangers" awhile ago which is evidently similar to Ils them. I liked it at first, but when I don't like an ending, it ruins the movie for me as a whole. It's been awhile since I saw "Your Next" and to me, it at least had a story as to what was going on as apposed to "Strangers." Did I like them? I liked "Ils Them" the most but the other 2 not so much.

I watched "The Loved Ones." I have a hard time believing anyone
    spoiler
    , but I did like it. I'm not going to watch it again though. I enjoyed the Goth chick the most and of course she isn't in it a ton. There was a part where she was crying and mumbling. What did she say? Anyone know? I couldn't add subtitles to see. But overall I enjoyed the movie though, so thanks. I learned a valuable lesson watching it. Thank God I am older and if I was young enough to go to the prom and someone asked me to go, I would!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Whom ever mentioned "Lovely Molly" thanks. I really liked it and Gretchen Lodge was great in it. Why didn't you say half-sack from Sons of Anarchy was in it? There's a camera movie that is partially similar called "Devil's Due." Not as good, but it reminded of it. Not many people here have talked about "Oculus" or "Honeymoon" as I enjoyed both. I'm not saying "The Unborn" was great but Odette is smoking hot.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

You need to ask?

& I have always been a sucker for underwater zombies.

ANOTHER GUILTY PLEASURE.

Spoiler:
    I guess it's SAFE to say this movie "KICKS ASS!"

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Whom ever mentioned "Lovely Molly" thanks. I really liked it and Gretchen Lodge was great in it. Why didn't you say half-sack from Sons of Anarchy was in it? There's a camera movie that is partially similar called "Devil's Due." Not as good, but it reminded of it. Not many people here have talked about "Oculus" or "Honeymoon" as I enjoyed both. I'm not saying "The Unborn" was great but Odette is smoking hot.
    I still gotta see Oculus, it's high up on my list, that one and the Quiet Ones are two relatively recent flicks I haven't made it to watching yet. Glad you liked Lovely Molly, I thought it was really good. As for the Loved Ones, not flawless of course, but scenes like the one you mention don't bother me, I'm able to suspend belief for movies like this. I like the over the top aspect of it. Also not a gore hound, per se, but I'm not opposed to it. Hell I love me some Fulci and Argento. Sometimes it just what's needed to satisfy!

More nice flicks there Bruce! Carnival is untouchable when it comes to atmosphere, and man was it WAY ahead of it's time. Love the music too, simple but haunting. Still gotta watch Zombies of Mora Tau though.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Chuck, I just put on The Hero and The Terror.

My Mood
    Confused

I just watch "Maggie" 2015 with Arnold. The one where his daughter was bitten by a zombie and is infected and he takes care of her. 1.5 hours of nothing. It is his relationship with her as she slow becomes one. People hangout with her she interacts with people, as if it is no big deal. The characters have no problem with this? I'm sorry, I absolutely hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Speaking of Chuck, I just put on The Hero and The Terror.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Needfulthings, you do not disappoint!8)

My Mood
    Confused

And then the hypocrite side of me says, "Though I'm not into people eating people and too much gore, I did enjoy Fulci's Zombie." Pick and choose my battles I guess.

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a big gratuitous violence guy. For whatever reason, in anime, it doesn't bother me. But when people are torturing people, it does. I enjoyed "Ils them" but I also have a hard time reading subtitles when I watch something. As in, I would like to watch and listen, and not read what I am attempting to watch. Then again, you have to read anime form Japan or wait forever for the US to English dub it, ao I have to pick my battles. I watched "Strangers" awhile ago which is evidently similar to Ils them. I liked it at first, but when I don't like an ending, it ruins the movie for me as a whole. It's been awhile since I saw "Your Next" and to me, it at least had a story as to what was going on as apposed to "Strangers." Did I like them? I liked "Ils Them" the most but the other 2 not so much.

I watched "The Loved Ones." I have a hard time believing anyone
    spoiler
    , but I did like it. I'm not going to watch it again though. I enjoyed the Goth chick the most and of course she isn't in it a ton. There was a part where she was crying and mumbling. What did she say? Anyone know? I couldn't add subtitles to see. But overall I enjoyed the movie though, so thanks. I learned a valuable lesson watching it. Thank God I am older and if I was young enough to go to the prom and someone asked me to go, I would!
    Spoiler:
    Sometimes people survive getting shot in the head, although yeah it is far fetched. Still a fun movie and an excellent villain.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watch "Maggie" 2015 with Arnold. The one where his daughter was bitten by a zombie and is infected and he takes care of her. 1.5 hours of nothing. It is his relationship with her as she slow becomes one. People hangout with her she interacts with people, as if it is no big deal. The characters have no problem with this? I'm sorry, I absolutely hated it.
    That kind of sucks. I'll still give it a shot, as I am not opposed to slow or oddly structured movies, or movies with less than usual plots, and I love Arnie, but I won't get my hopes up.

And then the hypocrite side of me says, "Though I'm not into people eating people and too much gore, I did enjoy Fulci's Zombie." Pick and choose my battles I guess.
    The bigger question would be, how could you not? Shark vs. Zombie, a truly legendary scene. Plus the fantastic eye gag!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

My buddy always told me the eye thing in Zombie was the worst thing he ever saw on film. I'd have to think about what the most gruesome thing might be in film. Fulci's Zombie eye stab? Anyone have another thought? Zombie vs shark was funny.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My buddy always told me the eye thing in Zombie was the worst thing he ever saw on film. I'd have to think about what the most gruesome thing might be in film. Fulci's Zombie eye stab? Anyone have another thought? Zombie vs shark was funny.
    The eye stab is nothing. Watch The Beyond for more patented Fulci eye gags. Worst thing I have seen is several scenes from A Serbian Film, I'll go with the finale as the penultimate in disturbing scenes, but really there's a dozen or so scenes you could choose from. Not that I recommend you watch it to find out. Worst thing is that it's a well made film, and as such, incredibly powerful. But just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    The eye stab is nothing. Watch The Beyond for more patented Fulci eye gags. Worst thing I have seen is several scenes from A Serbian Film, I'll go with the finale as the penultimate in disturbing scenes, but really there's a dozen or so scenes you could choose from. Not that I recommend you watch it to find out. Worst thing is that it's a well made film, and as such, incredibly powerful. But just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.
    I forgot about "A Siberian Film." I mentioned it on the movie discussion board for people NOT to watch it as the movie clearly goes out of it's way with brutal imagery. It was a well acted and written movie though. I blocked the movie out, or attempt to. That is probably the worst. I'm afraid to watch The Beyond.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Babadook was great.

I'm such a huge fan of the usage of space to create unbearable tension

Spoiler:
    The mom floating toward her son in the bedroom after she chases him down, Babadook emerging from the shadows in the kitchen and gliding toward the mother

Hats off (har, har) to the film for allowing room for different schools of thought regarding what truly transpired.

My Mood
    Confused

"The Beyond" Nowhere near as frightening as I thought is was going to be. At one point, I was thinking,
    spoiler
    I liked it though, but for me, it's just another countless movies I won't see again. The first "eye" scene, or the third.....I'd have to see "Zombie" again to see what I feel is worse. Hell, they are all gruesome!
    "Demonic" 2015 with Maria Bello. To me, just another countless horror movie with partial camera feeds in them where you know what they are doing won't go well.
    "The Keep" 1983. Now this was a movie I thought I'd never see again and glad I found it. I loved the caretaker, his voice and his lines. I really enjoyed this movie.
    "The Entity" 1982. Haven't seen this in a long time, but when I saw it, the whole haunting experience really haunted me. Allegedly based on a true story and the music when she is attacked was brutal. Maybe today it won't bother me after all these years, but I still remember the music. Short loud bursts of the same notes over, and over, and over.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was not a fan of The Keep. Killer soundtrack from Tangerine Dream but the film just felt hacked up and unfinished to me. Some great cinematography throughout, just didn't do it for me over all.

Interesting that you watched the Entity so quickly after Lovely Molly, as that was one of the films I would compare it, but chose not to earlier for fear of ruining it for you. Some pretty similar themes, if not in execution. Solid flick,,but not without a few bumps along the way.

I don't find the Beyond scary per se, though it probably was to many upon it's released. Just love the flick, weird, gory and a solid Fabio Frizzi soundtrack. The finale just makes you want to pull out your hair out though, so funny.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I was not a fan of The Keep. Killer soundtrack from Tangerine Dream but the film just felt hacked up and unfinished to me. Some great cinematography throughout, just didn't do it for me over all.

Interesting that you watched the Entity so quickly after Lovely Molly, as that was one of the films I would compare it, but chose not to earlier for fear of ruining it for you. Some pretty similar themes, if not in execution. Solid flick,,but not without a few bumps along the way.

I don't find the Beyond scary per se, though it probably was to many upon it's released. Just love the flick, weird, gory and a solid Fabio Frizzi soundtrack. The finale just makes you want to pull out your hair out though, so funny.
    I didn't watch The Entity, just thought about it and how it made me feel or react decades ago. As for the older movies, I enjoy how they seem to lack a ton of dialogue and let the character's action dictate the story. The movies seem to not tell you much and they don't tell you the hole story so that the viewer needs to decide what is happening. They were all good movies though, but yeah sometimes they seem unfinished. Like never knowing the ending of Berserk if you never read the manga and watched the older anime series. that ending kills you. Invasion of the Body Snatchers of how that ended. The Keep too. Maybe just a little more closure? Back then a lot of movies never were trilogies, or God for bid, a running storyline that goes sour after the 10th installment lol.

Thanks Needfulthings for throwing up pictures of yet again, some really cool things from your collection. Are you a retired movie producer or something? Or are you really Leland Gaunt and have amassed all these unique items from people who made deals with you they couldn't keep? I believe the second question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast