Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Interesting! I must check out that Sick Girl, too. Thanks for spotting it; I was preoccupied with the Lucky McGee/Angela Bettis piece.

I forgot to mention - finally saw Ils last night. I totally skipped the American rip-off and went straight to the French original.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Interesting! I must check out that Sick Girl, too. Thanks for spotting it; I was preoccupied with the Lucky McGee/Angela Bettis piece.

I forgot to mention - finally saw Ils last night. I totally skipped the American rip-off and went straight to the French original.
    Ils is fantastic I went to the French original. Remakes just fuck me off especially when the original is so perfectly done.

Another of my favs is The Vanishing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And what did they say? Did they enjoy it?
    If you see it let me know what you think, I'm too scared to watch it
    Don't think it's been released in the U.S yet ... however judging by the responses on the board, don't think many of the users there will be flocking en masse to see it.

I think once I get over the shock factor I'll probably watch it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Don't think it's been released in the U.S yet ... however judging by the responses on the board, don't think many of the users there will be flocking en masse to see it.

I know right! I'll be waiting to hear what you guys think of it. I'm still pretty creeped out by the premise.

Woofer I LOVE Ils. It's one of my favorites. I try to get everyone I know to watch that film. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post

Ils is fantastic I went to the French original. Remakes just fuck me off especially when the original is so perfectly done.

Another of my favs is The Vanishing.
    I'll have to check out The Vanishing. I have The Children added to my Netflix queue. At first I thought everyone was talking about the old 80s movie called The Children.

ETA: I'm glad I waited to watch it. The first time I tried, I was too tired to read the subtitles. This time I was glued to the set!

I'm not sure "enjoy" is the right term for a movie like this, Heather. LOL! I already added this one to my Netflix queue pending their acquisition of the film. The IFC has a page for this movie, but I closed the window, so... google, baby, google.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Woofer - If you're going to watch The Vanishing, make sure it's the Dutch original Sporloos and not the sub-par remake with Jeff Bridges.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it's got to be the original which is the one I watched. I have heard the remake is just shite.

My Mood
    Worried

I know right! I'll be waiting to hear what you guys think of it. I'm still pretty creeped out by the premise.

Woofer I LOVE Ils. It's one of my favorites. I try to get everyone I know to watch that film. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    I found a trailer for The Human Centipede.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo[/ame]

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Woofer, I am looking for the movie everywhere in last two days. I couldn't find it.

And I found out that there would be another sequence in 2010.
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/340...-sequence-2010

My Mood
    Worried

That will be so freaked out!

As predicted, even my closest horror buds IRL have said "You watch it first."

Mr. Woofer didn't want to see it before the trailer, and now he definitely doesn't want to see it. Hehehe.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well it doesn't look nearly as crazy as I was expecting, but I think I'll still wait to hear what you guys think of it first

My Mood
    Worried

The official website for The Human Centipede lists a theatrical release of April 30 and an IFC on-demand release on April 28.

Anybody want to record this and send me a copy? Pretty please with brown sugar and a cherry on top?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Me and my friends think we might have found a theater nearby that's going to show it ... if that's the case, we're all gathering up our courage and heading out to watch it

My Mood
    Worried

AWESOME! I'm pretty sure I'd be alone in the theater.

You wouldn't be alone Woofer.

I watched Skjult this past weekend. And I don't know, I had a hard time getting into it. I thought the film was kinda confusing, and very disjointed. It just kinda seemed to jump around a bit. And then I found it to be very predictable because I figured out early on how it was going to end.

Spoiler:
    I actually thought the main character was Peter from the get go because of the hair, and then I was thoroughly confused when I found out it wasn't him because the other kid looked nothing like him. And I was wondering why they didn't switch the casting of the kids. I thought maybe I had missed something But then it started to come together for me shortly after that. Do you think that was just a lot of foreshadowing on the directors part?

And a few other random questions that I had:
    Spoiler:
    Was there a reason that the woman had a cast? And how did she know him, I don't think they ever said. Was the crazy woman living in the house right up until she passed away? or why were kids already sneaking in there? And who was the woman in the hotel? Was she just someone that he imagined to escape his pain when he was being locked up when he was younger?

I have watched it yesterday and I felt totally disappointed. I don't care it being predictable. But, nothing about the movie is special. As you say, it is disorganised.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I know. The hairs of the boys are so strange and confusing. For a llittle while, I thought it was a multiple personality disorder story.

Spoiler:
    The crazy woman is his mother, I believe. The woman in the hotel is a singer or actress(he was holding a photo of her with microphone in her hand). I think, her existence in his life is his imagination.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one that was bothered by their hair color

Spoiler:
    And thanks, I was thinking that was the case with the woman in the hotel, but I missed the microphone in the picture I guess, I don't recall that. And I understand the crazy woman was his mother, but I was wondering if she was living in the house right up until the end? or had she been living in the hotel? It doesn't really matter I suppose but I was kinda curious because it was as if kids had been breaking into the house for quite awhile.

Any thoughts on the police woman?

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one that was bothered by their hair color

Spoiler:
    And thanks, I was thinking that was the case with the woman in the hotel, but I missed the microphone in the picture I guess, I don't recall that. And I understand the crazy woman was his mother, but I was wondering if she was living in the house right up until the end? or had she been living in the hotel? It doesn't really matter I suppose but I was kinda curious because it was as if kids had been breaking into the house for quite awhile.

Any thoughts on the police woman?
    Spoiler:
    I thought she has been living in the house till the end. I am not sure why but I just pictured her like that. But, now I think I was wrong. I remember the woman in the hotel said that there was a shortcut between the hotel and the house. Still it doesn't make sense. Maybe she was at the hospital for a long while...

I think police woman was in love with him.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    You wouldn't be alone Woofer.
    make that 3
    although i doubt it will make it to the theatre here and i will have to wait for the DVD. it looks ....... interesting

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody had seen this movie?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jh0DwJZjz8"]Trick 'r Treat (2008)[/ame]

Already loving 0:55!!
    Last edited by Dagavidiab; 04-26-2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Pet Sematary

My Mood
    Worried

It's in my queue.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Dagavidiab: it's my favorite horror/thriller flick
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Country
    Country Flag

i have just added this to my Lovefilm list it looks awesome!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    Dagavidiab: it's my favorite horror/thriller flick
    It says 2008, but never come to my country....... Fuc%ing country.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast