Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched an pretty good horror film the othe day called May. It's kind of plays with the Frankenstein story among other films. It's a about a girl who doesnt have any friends so makes her own ....

I have put the Children on my love film list and am looking forward to it.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love May! I even own it.

It has Jeremy Sisto.

I could say more about horror. A lot more.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post

It has Jeremy Sisto.

No way do you own it that's quality. that scene
    Spoiler:
    with the blind kids when they break the doll
    is really disturbing. I really like how it took it's time to build up tp the horror but
    Spoiler:
    the glass scraping noise is really eerie.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey All - Don't know if anyone has Comcast Cable or not ... but I caught Carpenters The Thing over the weekend!

Which, I thought, was very interesting since we'd just been talking about it here .... so, if you have Comcast, check to see if it's in your listsings or available OnDemand. I think I caught it on the free movie channel ENCORE. Good luck!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched two horror movies yesterday, one very good, the other pathetic. The good one is Skjult (Hidden), a Norwegian movie that touched me deeply; also think that the actor who played the main part did a really really great job. Highly recommend it to everyone who loves them slow and sad.

The pathetic one was Descent: Part Two, which somehow managed to be even worse than Part One.

Spoiler:
    we were even cheated of the only bearable things the first descent was boast - namely, its bleak hopeless end.

No matter good or bad, I wasn't in the least surprised to learn the name of the main female characters in both the Norwegian and the American movies.

Yes. Sarah.

I'm beginning to think it's a law, or maybe the key part of some obscure conspiracy.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post

It has Jeremy Sisto.

No way do you own it that's quality. that scene
    Spoiler:
    with the blind kids when they break the doll
    is really disturbing. I really like how it took it's time to build up tp the horror but
    Spoiler:
    the glass scraping noise is really eerie.
    Yes! I had never heard of it, but my neice let me borrow it. When I said I loved it, she said keep it. Sweet!

I need to watch it this weekend. Thanks for getting me geared up for it.

Pam - Glad you finally got to see The Thing. Does it rock or does it rock?

My biggest problem with horror that is sad and/or emotionally-based is that I can't handle how depressed it makes me these days (same with most dramas) - unless I am in a superhappy mood when I start watching.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Watched two horror movies yesterday, one very good, the other pathetic. The good one is Skjult (Hidden), a Norwegian movie that touched me deeply; also think that the actor who played the main part did a really really great job. Highly recommend it to everyone who loves them slow and sad.
    I had that in my netflix queue. I just bumped it straight to the top! I've been on a Norwegian film kick lately.

Do you like slasher films at all Jean? I watched Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey) awhile back, and loved it. If you like those types of films then I'd highly recommend it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Worried

Don't ask what happened when I watched Dreams (yes, that Dreams) a couple of months ago.

Sauerkraut knickers frog swallow flappety, froth froth froth cuppa paking bow.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do you like slasher films at all Jean? I watched Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey) awhile back, and loved it. If you like those types of films then I'd highly recommend it.
    I rather like them - not half as much as slow, creepy, involved horrors featuring little girls, psycopaths and the chilling history of a particular house/lake/doll/family/hospital - my main problem with slashers is that they normally lack any development, substituting for it mere escalation. I don't mind them as a good, wholesome entertainment, though, and I especially love to see anything you loved!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Worried

I rather like them - not half as much as slow, creepy, involved horrors featuring little girls, psycopaths and the chilling history of a particular house/lake/doll/family/hospital - my main problem with slashers is that they normally lack any development, substituting for it mere escalation. I don't mind them as a good, wholesome entertainment, though, and I especially love to see anything you loved!
    HOLLYWOOD - Are you listening? Heed the bolded words.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You must have the broadest possible view of what "wholesome" means. I'm not arguing; just appreciating an irony.

My Mood
    Worried

I'm not wearing any pants.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So have you ever seen Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween? Based on your description, I think you might actually really enjoy that one. Zombie really delved into the character of Michael, that it adds another level to the film. Also it involves a child and a mental institution

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

*like*
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    *like*
    Thankee. I was beginning to think I was invisible. For a horror geek like myself, I feel strangely invisible most of the time when I post in this thread.

Going to try to find something to watch tonight. I hope Fearnet has something new.

BTW, I was wearing pants then...but I am not now.

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the children the other night as a result of this thread and I really enjoyed it. They really managed to build a decent amount of tension. The beginning scenes make the children seem ubiquitous therefore really setting up what follows!

It's defo the kind of horror I like.

i have put session 9 on my Lovefilm list.

Woofer since youhave seen May which I really liked - can you think of anything similar that I could add to my Lovefilm list ? Also id you watch May again?

Switchblade Romance is a fantastic film. It's French I think and not a common garden slasher as the title wold sugest. It has a pyscho in it and a shit load of tension - it really sets you n edge watching it !

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thankee. I was beginning to think I was invisible. For a horror geek like myself, I feel strangely invisible most of the time when I post in this thread.

Going to try to find something to watch tonight. I hope Fearnet has something new.

BTW, I was wearing pants then...but I am not now.
    You're welcome

I wish I could respond to most of what is being said here, but I haven't seen any of the movies you've been talking about lately

I'm very excited for the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street which comes out on my birthday!! I can't wait to see it.

About the pants: good, woofer, I'm glad to hear you quit the false advertising
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

...I was beginning to think I was invisible. ...
    Oh, we noticed... No offense meant. I dunno about anyone else, but I was just struck speechless.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright lovers of horror cinema, read the premise for this film and let me know what ya'll think :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum...st_Sequence%29

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Alright lovers of horror cinema, read the premise for this film and let me know what ya'll think :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum...st_Sequence%29
    Well I'm struck speechless.
    That is probably the most bizarre premise for a film that I have ever heard of. Have you seen it?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I just became aware of it's existence today. A user on the IGN movie forums made a thread about it and I was wondering if any here saw it.

And what did they say? Did they enjoy it?
    If you see it let me know what you think, I'm too scared to watch it

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Wow! I have to see it!

My Mood
    Worried

Thanks guys! Tee hee. Been feeling a little down in RL, so good to be noticed.

Sickrose - As far as something similar to May, the first thing that popped into my mind is Sick Girl, so I looked it up to confirm the information. I knew it was a MOH episode and that it also starred Angela Bettis, but I was surprised to find that both May and Sick Girl are Lucky McGee projects. Definitely check out Sick Girl - not nearly as gross or insipid as the title might suggest.

I'm with Melike - definitely have to see The Human Centipede. It can't be more disgusting than Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom. Might have to watch it alone, though. That's stretching the limits of all the other fans I know IRL.

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Thanks woofer I will check it out. By any chance did you notice that there was another film called sick girl which looks fucking weird http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1078931/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast