Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    who wants to make a list of scariest movies ever? (if possible, specify some keywords so people/animals who don't know the movie would have an idea of what type it is)

The scariest, not the best; it doesn't have to be the same.

1. El Orphanato [children, ghosts]
    Very true. I haven't got any scary ones that aren't really good, off of the top of my head, but I could easily list a number that don't much scare me although they're definitely some of the best horror movies. I'll have to think more about scariest... you sure that's all you want to list?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears love to list anything! they don't mind a list of the best horror movies, either!

By the way, El Orfanato would be at the top of this other list, too...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eh....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJ306ULiW0"]Haunted Room[/ame]

or

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buzn04non5Q&feature=related"]The Haunted Drum[/ame]

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one is very graphic....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ38YuOqcX4&NR=1"]"Meat Grinder" Trailer [R-Rated][/ame]

Umm... hungry!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

IMDB should help you guys with names.

/out
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

who wants to make a list of scariest movies ever? (if possible, specify some keywords so people/animals who don't know the movie would have an idea of what type it is)

The scariest, not the best; it doesn't have to be the same.

1. El Orphanato [children, ghosts]

I have a very high threshold for horror films, so there aren't that many that actually really truly scare me. These aren't my top horror films (although I do love them all), but probably the ones that scared me the most.

1. The Shining (1980) - I know most here will probably disagree with me on this one, but this one still creeps me out even though I've seen it probably a million times.
    2. Ils (aka Them) - unseen stalkers
    3. Paranormal Activity - ghosts
    4. The Fourth Kind - alien abductions

I don't know what it was about those last two, but they scared the crap out of me when I first saw them. I'm not even sure I could watch them right away again, I was that scared
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, i was in town today, and guess what I saw on dvd for a fiver?

That's right, i've finally watched John Carpenter's The Thing, and...bloody hell. Mixes the perfect amount of claustrophobia, paranoia, and good ol' fashioned gore moments that make you quote Nathon Fillion in Slither (another classic sick "wtf?!?" fest), "That's some pretty fucked up shit!" I can see why it's a classic!

Also watched the trailer, and I nearly lmao. Because I had finally got the joke to one of my favourite trailers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZOoyfvbNU"]YouTube- Sam & Max - Ice Station Santa[/ame]

I had always found this funny before, but I hadn't realised how much of a direct pisstake it was until now!

Oh, and anyone with a pc or a wii NEEDS to play this!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebumblerinblack View Post
    Ichi the Killer is great, the most fucked up movie I'd seen until I watched Antichrist...but have you seen other films by Ichi's director, Takashi Miike? That guy is so twisted, two of his movies I'd recommend to this thread are Gozu, and Imprint. Imprint was one of the Masters of Horror episodes, has anyone seen that series from Showtime? Definitely some good ones from that (Pelts, Pro-Life, Dreams in the Witch House).
    Definitely!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The scariest - and the best - Americal horror I've seen lately was The Dark, by John Fawcett. It's rather unique inasmuch as unlike any other American horrors I've seen yet

Spoiler:
    it bears a totally non-Christian message that there are sins that can't be redeemed whatever you do: no repentance, no martyrdom, nothing you do or feel or become will help, and there's no hope, not even such that was offered in The Others or El Orfanato.

Having lately watched a shit ton of horrors, I've also learned that most people are called Sarah and Stephen, and they always sleep fully clothed.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Jean here's a few other recommendations I've got for you. Not sure if you've seen any of them or not.
    In the Mouth of Madness
    Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte
    Infection (Kansen)
    28 Days Later

Not sure if you'll like those last two, but I thought it was worth a mention.

Also have you ever heard of a film Session 9? It's about a group of men who go in to clean up an old asylum. I've seen good things written about it online, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen 28 DL, and loved it - not as a horror, but as a great story of a ka-tet; the whole bit when they meet those militarized survivors, and all the final part - that is, approximately one whole half of the movie - is really really good. (I think by now we understand each other so well that I don't have to mention that 28 Weeks Later was pathetic shit)

Have never seen any of the rest! You have a very interested bear now!

Did you see The Reflecting Skin?

I've seen 28 DL, and loved it - not as a horror, but as a great story of a ka-tet; the whole bit when they meet those militarized survivors, and all the final part - that is, approximately one whole half of the movie - is really really good. (I think by now we understand each other so well that I don't have to mention that 28 Weeks Later was pathetic shit)

Have never seen any of the rest! You have a very interested bear now!

Did you see The Reflecting Skin?
    Oh good, enjoy

I have not seen it, but I just looked it up. It looks really interesting. I'll have to see if I can track down a copy.

My Mood
    Worried

My friend Gobbie mentioned my YT channel in his Midnight Movie Massacre hits 500 subscribers video!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I forgot all about this movie. How was it?

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    They got the whole thing on youtube. I'll have to watch this when I get back from work.
    Submitted a new lolcat I did on photoshop, check it out and caption it yourself.

Make a caption

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

It was pretty good. I haven't watched too many Dario Argento films-supposedly, they're going to release a remake of Suspiria soon-but I enjoyed that one.

My Mood
    Worried

It was pretty good. I haven't watched too many Dario Argento films-supposedly, they're going to release a remake of Suspiria soon-but I enjoyed that one.

Oh no, you're kidding me. That's one of those films that should not be remade.

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I haven't seen it! I have heard mixed reviews, though.

For werewolves, I like them to be able to change by degrees (depending on how much control they have over it).

Ah! For a great example of exactly how I think werewolves should be and act and be able to change, just read Robert R. McCammon's The Wolf's Hour. In fact, read it anyway - great book!

Back to werewolves on screen, I am almost always disappointed. What the hell, for example, was with the werewolf in Harry Potter? Sirius as a dog looked more werewolfish than Lupin as a werewolf did - at least according to J.K. Rowling's description of werewolves and what distinguishes them from regular wolves.

I have seen Creep. Isn't that the one where
    Creep
    yes thats the one, it is the only horror that has truly freaked me out! I was high on gas and air at the time so my imagination went awol

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    Creep
    yes thats the one, it is the only horror that has truly freaked me out! I was high on gas and air at the time so my imagination went awol
    mething that accounts for your being freaked out... I didn't find anything especially memorable or impressive about that movie, except

Spoiler:
    the man playing at doctors. That was good, especially when he mimics giving her narcosis

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Saw Midnight Meat Train and Trick 'r' Treat the other night. Both I really liked, but for very different reasons. MMT was as deep and dark story wise as you'd like a Clive Barker film to be, whilst still being pretty fucked up visual wise, and TrT was just classic horror anthology fun with a wicked sense of humour.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    TrT was just classic horror anthology fun with a wicked sense of humour.
    I'm glad to hear you liked it!

My, my . . . what big eyes you have!
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    Creep
    mething that accounts for your being freaked out... I didn't find anything especially memorable or impressive about that movie, except

Spoiler:
    the man playing at doctors. That was good, especially when he mimics giving her narcosis
    That is the part really I was laying on the hospital bed thinking that, that thing is going to come in here in a minute and torture me! I just kept on with the gas and air I'd rather go out not giving a shit really(excuse the language)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast