Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

No The Shining? Have you seen Trick r' Treat? That's a good one for Halloween. And what about an Argento film tossed in? And House of 1000 Corpses. Ricky, I hope you're watching that one soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    And as we enter October it is time for what I call The Great Horrorthon. I watch a different horror movie each day for the entire month of October capping it off with a party on Halloween
    I do something similar, only I don't do one every day. I just switch over to horror films during October, ususally topped off with a Saw marathon.

It's funny that you posted this, as I was going to make a Halloween 2011 movie thread. Talk about what horror movies we're watching, maybe get together and watch the same films, do some cool activities, etc. Would anyone be interested?
    I would!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And House of 1000 Corpses. Ricky, I hope you're watching that one soon
    Oh, you know what? I'm glad you brought that up. I was going through Netflix to see which ones I wanted to watch, and totally passed over it since it's at the bottom of the queue. I'm going to bump that right now.

EDIT: Rainn Wilson is in this?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this might get me shot but I am not fan of Argento's films. I just never get into any of em
    If you love me then love me..

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's ok, I can understand that. I appreciate them more from a visual perspective anyway. Have you seen Opera? That's my favorite of his.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to watch but I just couldn't get through it.
    If you love me then love me..

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears can only join after October 16... but they can watch two horror movies a day!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, if you have any recommendations on horror films that I might enjoy, bears, don't forget to let me know! I have learned to trust your taste, after the last few films you recommended to me, after all!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Jean, I watched Alice Sweet Alice the other day. I really enjoyed it.
    Spoiler:
    and up until the reveal part way through the film, I really thought it was Alice that was behind the mask.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Argento hate makes me sad.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Well, if you have any recommendations on horror films that I might enjoy, bears, don't forget to let me know! I have learned to trust your taste, after the last few films you recommended to me, after all!
    DD, if you haven't seen El Orfanato, do it NOW.

Spoiler:
    and up until the reveal part way through the film, I really thought it was Alice that was behind the mask.
    Re: your spoiler: I had so hoped she was! The movie is very good cinematographically and directing-wise, but the story is rather lame. That other girl had such potential (and so did the neighbor), and both remained just superfluous embellishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Who ever dares hate him? Show them to bears, they are in the mood for some refreshing mauling.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Will do, bears!

Oh, and to any horror fans who've yet to see it: I'm planning a weekly rewatch of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace starting tomorrow, 2 half hour eps to watch and discuss every week, and I would love a few horror fans to join me! I'll ask Pond to post a couple of links for you to watch it online, I know how difficult it can be to find outside of the UK, but you really do need to check it out asap!

(Like I need to watch me some Argento, really.)

- Melike

I'm in DD!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome, Heather! I'm sure you'll love it!

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Re: your spoiler: I had so hoped she was! The movie is very good cinematographically and directing-wise, but the story is rather lame. That other girl had such potential (and so did the neighbor), and both remained just superfluous embellishments.

Who ever dares hate him? Show them to bears, they are in the mood for some refreshing mauling.

Not so much hate as dislike.

Will do, bears!

Oh, and to any horror fans who've yet to see it: I'm planning a weekly rewatch of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace starting tomorrow, 2 half hour eps to watch and discuss every week, and I would love a few horror fans to join me! I'll ask Pond to post a couple of links for you to watch it online, I know how difficult it can be to find outside of the UK, but you really do need to check it out asap!

Yes,, but only everything he's done. Argento deaths are the best. I really don't plan on dying, but if I must die let it be an Argento death.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Not so much hate as dislike.

Will do, bears!

Yes,, but only everything he's done. Argento deaths are the best. I really don't plan on dying, but if I must die let it be an Argento death.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, I remember you saying that before Brice. (Although to be fair, I have been putting them off for a long while.) This month seems as good a time as any to check out one of his films. Any particular recommendations spring to mind?

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Immediately, Tenebrae, Giallo, Opera, Suspiria, Inferno, and The Mother Of Tears comes to mind. The last three are a trilogy.

If you rescue me

Definitely Opera DD! And I agree with Brice. He actually makes his death scenes beautiful to watch. I know that sounds messed up but I don't know how else to describe it. And like I said before his films from a visual perspective are absolutely amazing.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I won't say he's never disappointed me, but his deaths certainly NEVER have. His are beautiful... And now heather and i both sound like serial killers chatting about beautiful deaths. Also as heather says his films are visually quite striking. You know when you are watching an Argento film.

If you rescue me

It's so true though! And you definitely can't mistake one of his films for someone else's.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, never!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, well thanks for the tips. I know of all those films, but I wasn't sure which one would be best for me to check out. I'll keep an eye out for Suspiria, anyway!

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Susplria is classic Argento. I'd definitely reccomend it highly. Heather's suggestion may be an easier to digest first Argento film though.

If you rescue me

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    [Oh, and to any horror fans who've yet to see it: I'm planning a weekly rewatch of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace starting tomorrow, 2 half hour eps to watch and discuss every week, and I would love a few horror fans to join me!
    I have that on DVD. It's much more comedy than horror, and very silly. (More specifically it's a comedy that pretends to be an 80s horror show and plays with a lot of the tropes.) As such, the humour will be very subjective, but it tickled me and I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you do to.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

True, but considering how many horror films it directly references at times, I thought a few horror fans would get a bit of a kick out of it, myself.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast