Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love In the Mouth of Madness, I really need to watch it again soon, it's been forever. Isn't it interesting how rewatches can change ones view on a film. You can begin to pick up more subtle things in the filming or story. There's probably a few films I should do this for as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

give me a whistle when you're ready to re-watch it, we'll do it together

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Midsommar was interesting but so, so very disturbing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yep, that's the whole point!
    Oh I totally agree, that's why they call it Horror..

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...In the Mouth of Madness...is a) flawless, b) screamingly original c) fully entertaining d) scary e) beautifully shot.
    +1. Great film.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Lodge
    It was human, horrific at times, real, and dark. I wasn't sure what to expect and it was definitely worth my time. I felt it was mildly crossed over from Hereditary and Midsummer and it felt like someone involved in these two movies had a hand in this. It was a good surprise for me. It wasn't a true horror movie, and I don't want to give much away, but it had horror aspects and dread within the film. I really liked it a lot. 3.5/5
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The Lodge
    It was human, horrific at times, real, and dark. I wasn't sure what to expect and it was definitely worth my time. I felt it was mildly crossed over from Hereditary and Midsummer and it felt like someone involved in these two movies had a hand in this. It was a good surprise for me. It wasn't a true horror movie, and I don't want to give much away, but it had horror aspects and dread within the film. I really liked it a lot. 3.5/5
    Excited for this one. Thanks for your thoughts.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...In the Mouth of Madness...is a) flawless, b) screamingly original c) fully entertaining d) scary e) beautifully shot.
    +1. Great film.
    +1

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The Lodge
    I've been looking forward to The Lodge for over a year now. It never came to a theater near me, I don't think. The DVD's out today, so I think it'll be one of the next ones Netflix sends me.

I watched the new Pet Sematary last night. It wasn't terrible at all like I'd heard from some people. I liked the pacing, the acting, the score, and some other things, but what it was missing for me was a real sense of dread and the emotional weight of the things that happen to Louis and Rachel (actually, Rachel was way more developed and interesting than Louis here, I thought). I don't know what they were thinking of with that ending, though. Jesus. The alternate ending was much better.

It's funny because if this had been an original film that wasn't based on a book or a previous version, or if this had been the first time I was introduced to the story, this might've been one of my favorite movies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I was one that wasn't a fan of the new Pet Semetery. I liked to original actors better, but I did like the little girl and her acting in the remake better. It is what it is.
    I saw a trailer for "The Wretched." I can't tell if it is a low budget mess, but it looks like it has promise? I will watch it sometime hopefully this week.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    +1. Great film.
    Forgive me on spelling but Suter Kane was always a name I wanted if I was a writer. It just sounds like a guy that is a horror writer and has boundary issues. And yes, this was always a damn good film.

My Mood
    Confused

The Wretched
    Not as bad as I thought it would be and not great either. Not a bad film about some kind of creature that is like a witch that possesses a woman with a child, eats the child and then the family forgets the child ever existed. 2.5/5?

My Mood
    Confused

Gretel and Hansel
    I heard many didn't like it. It was a bit slow, but the acting to me was great. The cinematography was absolutely stunning. It was shot so much better then VVitch in my opinion. I liked this adaptation, I liked the story, I liked how everything tied together. Sophia Lillis and Alice Krige were fantastic. I really really really liked this movie. 8/10.

My Mood
    Confused

Z 2019
    Story about a couple being harassed by their son's imaginary friend. Not great, but also not a hot mess either. You can tell if the movie had money spent on it by the production of the film and the acting. This one had some money in it, so it would seem. The straight forward plot had a bit more to the story which was interesting. It had it's jump scares like most movies these days, but it was intriguing and a surprise to me. The odd thing to me was the psychiatrist, he looked like a zombie. I liked it. 3/5.

My Mood
    Confused

You Should Have Left
    Apparently Kevin Bacon is alive, but you never would have known it with how dead this movie was. He is married, has a daughter, they go to a house, and he sees things. A lot of house type scenario movies out there recently. Awful. 1/5

I saw a preview for "The Rental" which is about people renting a house on an island I think? Looks meh but who knows.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the trailer for You Should Have Left and it didn't really make me want to watch the movie. It looked pretty generic.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I saw the trailer for You Should Have Left and it didn't really make me want to watch the movie. It looked pretty generic.
    Yes it as. I lost interest and decided to start re-watching the real Penny Dreadful

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking I might do the same! Good thinking.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

I was thinking I might do the same! Good thinking.
    I feel it is sad when I would like to relax, veg down, and want to get away from it all that I have to resort to something that I previously loved to view. I mean, it would be refreshing to want to watch something horror and find something new instead of re-watch something I know is great to me. I heard a new show on Netflix, Curron?, is supposed to be pretty good. It is subtitled I heard so you would have to definitely pay attention. Netflix's Dark comes to mind and though I am not a huge subtitle fan, Dark was really entertaining to watch. One more final season from what I read and it is coming soon. Yes these are horror based shows and not movies, but I just wanted to throw those out there.

Country
    Country Flag

Dark is amazing. I haven't seen season 2 yet, but I know season 3 is coming out soon.

I know what you mean about new horror content vs. re-watching old stuff you enjoyed. I can't remember the last time I saw a really good horror film or TV show. The Grudge and Fantasy Island this year were duds. So was The Turning. The new season of NOS4A2 is starting tomorrow, but I don't really consider that horror. More of a dark suspense thriller.

I've been watching Bloodride on Netflix. It's a Norwegian horror anthology (eps. are ~30 minutes, give or take) and there's only six so far. Kind of Twilight Zone-y. Nothing spectacular, but something light and quick when you want to scratch that horror craving.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Dark Season 3
    I kind of get tired of all the jumping to different time periods, but for the third season, it jumps to different worlds too. Yawn. I will say it ended very well and it was unexpected to see that. Overall I really liked the show. I would consider it a more dark thriller then horror though.

My Mood
    Confused

Body Cam 2020
    A cop gets killed by an unseen force and the main character, a cop, tries to figure out the death of her friend. It was OK. I wasn't impressed with this one 2/5.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Watched The Lodge recently. I enjoyed it, although it wasn't anything like what I was expecting.

Country
    Country Flag

Me either! And in the end, I really couldn't
    Spoiler:
    sympathize with the kids! They took prank to a whole new, awful level.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched it this weekend too. it was decent, I thought. Although I saw the twist coming from a mile away.

Me either! And in the end, I really couldn't
    Spoiler:
    sympathize with the kids! They took prank to a whole new, awful level.
    Yeah, it was definitely crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast