Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, is gore anything like Hostel cos I loved them films?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Xenomorph truly is my longest relationship. I found this in a grade 2 or 3 notebook.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I just learned there is also a Demons 4 and a Demons 5 both on Youtube. I will have to catch up!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather - not really what I'd call a horror, but I found it in that section...have you seen the Norwegian film, Thale? I think you'd dig it. Trollhunter also.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Lisa!

No, I've never even heard of it. Just looked it up and it's on netflix so I'll watch it soon. And I loved Trollhunter.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Long time eh?

It's brilliant, I've been learning Norwegian for a year now, so I'm kinda obsessed with anything norsk.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's awesome. Do you have any other ones to recommend. I've only seen a handful of Norwegian films. I've seen Dead Snow, and Cold Prey, and a few non horrors. Have you seen Kitchen Stories? It's not horror, but I would highly recommend it. I think you'd really enjoy it.

And I watched Thale last night. Thanks, I really enjoyed it

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Dead Snow 2 and Cold Prey 2 are both good as well Heather.

They've been on my list too watch since they came out. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll check those too, Tommy - I've seen Dead Snow, but not the second one. I'll see if I can get hold of Kitchen Stories - I've watched a distinct lack of films since I stopped getting recommendations from you and Feev, Heather I did have a list of Norwegian films somewhere, but I can't find it...I watch anything I can really for the practise

Tonight however, I am finally getting around to watching Black Sheep, which has been sat on my shelf for aaaages...

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Sorry guys. I have a hard time reading subtitles. I read slow as I delve into the story to view my mental surroundings. I cannot interpret characters, indulge in scenery, or visually understand what I am seeing if I have to read too. Anime is the worst for me. I'd rather have hard coded English, but that is easily hidden in animation, not acted movies. If I'm going to read something, it will be a book. I do try many times to attempt subtitled movies, but they ruin it for me. That's just me. However, "Ils" was a rare subtitled movie I enjoyed simply because there wasn't much talking.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

90% of the movies I watch are subtitled. I don't even notice it. I've never considered what I'm doing as "reading" subtitles, and I've never felt like I've missed any part of the movie on the screen. The subtitles are there and my brain just absorbs them automatically. It's like breathing--I don't have to tell myself to breathe every 4 seconds or so, it just happens.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe other folks can reach this level of movie enjoyment with practice. If the latter, I'd say it is well worth it. There are so many good movies from other countries. If I had to limit myself to English language movies...man, I don't even want to think of how horrible an existence that would be.

(True, some cheap Hong Kong DVDs are subtitled so badly, both in grammar and word usage as well as the "white words on white background" phenomena, that it does require a bit more effort. But in some respects that's part of the charm of a grade-B HK kung-fu flick)

I agree. It makes me sad to hear that people won't watch a film because it's subtitled. There's so many great foreign films that it'd be a shame to limit yourself. I also don't feel like I'm reading. Maybe I'm lucky as well. I look at the subtitles and it just goes into me that I can then watch whats happening on screen as well.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Here is a helping hand as to what not to watch. I didn't, just blew through them like the wind. A genius is the one who invented "fast forward."

Cabin Fever, not the shitty one from 2002,but the shittier one from 2016. Has the movie world really come to this?
    February, a long drawl of nothing that looks great in fast forward.
    The Shallows, if I wanted to watch a sexy woman in a bikini sit on a rock all day I'd go to the beach.
    I hope I have saved some lost souls today.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Forgot to throw into the mix Visions 2015 and Cell.
    Visions, had some known actors but nothing worth getting excited over. I enjoyed the beginning and then it lost me.
    Cell, The Stephen King adaption. Just plain awful.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have watched The Boy
    Nice, but soooooo nothing special

Have also watched a shit ton of horrors, but at the moment don't seem able to remember any.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Here is a helping hand as to what not to watch. I didn't, just blew through them like the wind. A genius is the one who invented "fast forward."

Cabin Fever, not the shitty one from 2002,but the shittier one from 2016. Has the movie world really come to this?
    February, a long drawl of nothing that looks great in fast forward.
    The Shallows, if I wanted to watch a sexy woman in a bikini sit on a rock all day I'd go to the beach.
    I hope I have saved some lost souls today.
    I'm going to watch the shallows.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Just watched The Invitation. Really enjoyed it. For those that like slow horrors I'd definitely recommend it. Jean and Matt, I think you'll both enjoy it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That one is next in my queue.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just watched The Invitation. Really enjoyed it. For those that like slow horrors I'd definitely recommend it.
    I just watched this yesterday. It was great! I second the recommendation.
    Has anyone hear seen Deathgasm yet? Sort of a mix of Spinal Tap meets Evil Dead II meets Dead Alive. I was pleasantly surprised. A really fun little gorefest!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is The Invitation similar to Coherence?

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm going to watch the shallows.
    Did you see this yet? I really enjoyed it myself. If only it ended like two minutes earlier I would've loved it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is The Invitation similar to Coherence?
    Not really to me. I though it was a bit....
    Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast