Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77
Results 1,901 to 1,916 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go see Last Night in Soho.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I agree, not a horror film. Suspenseful moments, sure, but ultimately not horror.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I've always identified with the Freaks and never gave thought to people that considered them the villains. That blows my mind. The Freaks have always been the heroes for me. I cannot imagine people thinking that Cleo and Hercules are the "good guys". The stories about the studio having to build a separate tent so some assholes didn't have to "throw up" while eating their lunch is disgraceful and shame on FSF. I've read and loved all his books, even the bad ones but I never knew that about him. Jerk.

It is hard judging whether or not it is truly a horror film considering the large amount of lost footage and studio meddling. There was a scene where all the Freaks descend upon a prostrate Cleo under a tree attacking her. Also, a scene where Hercules is castrated and is seen along with what Cleo has become at the end singing with a falsetto voice, reinforcing the castration.

Even if the footage were found I don't think the Freaks were ever meant to be the villains. But we still have the villainous Cleo and Hercules. After their transformations, are they still villains or have they now truly been accepted as "one of us"?

I mean not to put anyone on the spot but was anyone's first impression of the film that the Freaks were the bad guys?

It is definitely a weird film, a contemplative film, something that lingers. The horror in it was always the mistreatment of the Freaks which knowing how the studio treated them, makes it even worse. The studio proved the point that is proved in the film.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Antlers
    The first half of the movie is a small crawl of how the characters all have past issues and the second half didn't move much quicker. The trailer tricks you into thinking this would be like a monster murder type of movie and it wasn't. The actors acted like they didn't want to be there. It was very boring and very dull. We also didn't need one boring character telling a boring story and giving away the whole mystique; but it happened. It was not a good movie.
    Last edited by allasorte; 03-04-2022 at 04:45 AM.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Shudder is bringing the extreme horror this month! Inside is finally on there and I implore any horror fan, watch it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up, I've been dying to see it but haven't found it anywhere. And go figure I had a subscription to AMC+ for a couple months which included Shudder which I just canceled
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Some theaters in my city had special screenings for The Terrifier 2. While I think the first was the better movie, this was still a fun ride. The gore and kills were intense and over the top, and they really built on the lore in this film. Solid 8/10

For those who've never heard of Terrifier, I urge you to seek it out if you love Grindhouse or slasher films. Art the clown makes for a fantastic villain, and can definitely creep some people out effortlessly

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Some theaters in my city had special screenings for The Terrifier 2. While I think the first was the better movie, this was still a fun ride. The gore and kills were intense and over the top, and they really built on the lore in this film. Solid 8/10

For those who've never heard of Terrifier, I urge you to seek it out if you love Grindhouse or slasher films. Art the clown makes for a fantastic villain, and can definitely creep some people out effortlessly
    At 2hrs 28 mins, I just don't know if the experience of the film, outside of a theater atmosphere, will be as entertaining for me. I liked Art in All Hollows Eve. It was like, wtf was that? Terrifier at 1hr 26mins was pretty good for a slasher film. Is this still a slasher film, or does it go into storytelling mode?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post

At 2hrs 28 mins, I just don't know if the experience of the film, outside of a theater atmosphere, will be as entertaining for me. I liked Art in All Hollows Eve. It was like, wtf was that? Terrifier at 1hr 26mins was pretty good for a slasher film. Is this still a slasher film, or does it go into storytelling mode?
    You know, I was a little apprehensive with the running time too, but it's not really a negative to the film. Make no mistake though, this movie is still a slasher through and through, however there's way more going on here than in the first one. There's quite a few more characters this time around, each with their own storyline going on. While the first film was more compact from a storyline perspective, part 2 is still worth the view

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post

You know, I was a little apprehensive with the running time too, but it's not really a negative to the film. Make no mistake though, this movie is still a slasher through and through, however there's way more going on here than in the first one. There's quite a few more characters this time around, each with their own storyline going on. While the first film was more compact from a storyline perspective, part 2 is still worth the view
    Cool. I'll still see it no doubt.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Unapologetically one of my all-time favorite horror franchises:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77