Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

am going to watch Trick r Treat this weekend because well it is Halloween...heheh...will give my thoughts about it later after I have watched it.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow this is becoming a theme here. Sitting down to Trick R Treat cause I have never seen it.

Just got done with Friday the 13th remake and I have to tell you, didnt hate it. I thought it was a very good take on the Jason material. As good as the first one no. But the first one had Betsy Palmer in it and we all know Betsy Palmer is a creepy bloody mom
    If you love me then love me..

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As per Descent/Descent 2:

I meant to put them in my post lol I loved the Descent, the sequel was enjoyable but not as good I feel. There's a good plot twist, which is probably the whole point of making this movie, but if you like the tension and idea of the first you'll enjoy this.

One big grip with Descent 2:

SPOILERS!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am glad you enjoyed Descent. I personally had to fast-forward it all the time - it seemed to me excruciatingly boring - but if someone liked it, it means the labor of the creators wasn't entirely lost.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really liked The Descent, but I also grew up in Appalachia and spent a lot of time playing in caves as a kid.

I haven't seen the sequel, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have finally found the two films Heather recommended a century ago - In the Mouth of Madness and Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte. Hope to see both tonight.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Then I'll have to watch In the Mouth of Madness tonight, too.

Although I am not Heather and I don't play her on TV.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    I have finally found the two films Heather recommended a century ago - In the Mouth of Madness and Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte. Hope to see both tonight.
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I think you're gonna love them. Especially the second.

Woofer. I think I'm going to have to watch In the Mouth of Madness as well. It's been far too long.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I decided to put it off till tomorrow when my wife is home; started and realized it wasn't a very good idea when alone at night. (Currently re-watching The Ninth Gate instead; pure delight.)

Will post about In the Mouth of Madness and Charlotte as soon as I have watched them in the cozy presence of another ursine being...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Can't go wrong with The Ninth Gate

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    My bad, but I thought both of Rob Zombie's Halloween films were horrible.
    I didn't even give the sequel the time of day. The best part of the first one was Zombie expanding on Michael Myer's character. This is also what ruined Michael Myers as a character. No more was Myers a creepy, patient stalker. Simply watching and studying and waiting. What made Carpenters Myer's so creepy was that he wasn't running through walls and didn't kill 20 people. There was tension. The thought of waiting for him to strike was enough. Where as zombies films have no tension and no terror and they are definitely not creepy.

In my opinion, they are just awful. Friday the 13th remake was waaayyyy better and I'm not even a Jason fan.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, In The Mouth of Madness is great. Then again, just about anything John Carpenter is great.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jane Hudson View Post
    Thank Pam. I'm dying to see Pieces now! I can't believe I have never even heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    Heather : if you haven't seen Ravenous (by Antonia Bird, an English director), I think I can recommend it, at least to an extent - it's not like you should drop everything and watch it, but if it comes your way, don't dismiss it as another piece of crap right away. It has some beautiful sequences, and, though worse than some Spanish ones, is still better than most American horrors I've seen. That lady who directed it sure understands something about movies.
    Actually I have seen it. But I think I saw it in the theater when it was first released, so it's been years. I barely remember anything about it. I promise to rewatch it sometime soon.
    It's good, but in my opinion it has an unwarranted status as a movie with a bit of a cult following. It is good, but not great. It's been overhyped imo. I think the reason for this is people remember it from when it first came out as being much better than it actually is. Anyone who disagrees with me should really watch it again before doing so. I was one of those who watched it when it first came out and then I looked for it again for years. When I finally found it again it was just meh...
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by HellBeast View Post

I meant to put them in my post lol I loved the Descent, the sequel was enjoyable but not as good I feel. There's a good plot twist, which is probably the whole point of making this movie, but if you like the tension and idea of the first you'll enjoy this.

SPOILERS!!!!!
    So I finally watched Descent 2. It was ok, I guess. But I would have preferred it had they left it as a single film. Oh, and I completely agree with your spoiler

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jane Hudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HellBeast View Post

SPOILERS!!!!!
    So I finally watched Descent 2. It was ok, I guess. But I would have preferred it had they left it as a single film. Oh, and I completely agree with your spoiler

Yeah it should've stayed as the original film.

Regard the spoiler: it was just like someone on the crew was like "I found this really awesome technique of doing [BLANK]" and everyone agreed so it's CONSTANTLY IN THE MOVIE lol

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched a New Zealand comedy film called Black Sheep.

It's about sheep turning into ravenous killers as a result of genetic engineering. And yes, it's as ridiculous as it sounds, but actually rather funny because of that.

Basically if one sheep bites another they go savage too.
    Spoiler:
    Even dafter, if they bite a human, the person turns into a savage man-sheep hybrid. A kind of were-sheep if you will.

A friend of mine bought me Drag me to Hell for my birthday last March. I've yet to see it! It's daft, I know, and most horror films don't bother me that much. It's just I understand there are some jump moments at the start, and that kind of thing does tend to freak me out a bit. (I rarely watch American Werewolf in London for that reason, even though that is one of my favourite werewolf films. Not the werewolf stuff myself, but those dream sequences with the sudden sound effects.) It's not that I don't enjoy these things, it's mainly the thought of it, I think.

I plan to watch Drag Me to Hell soon though. I usually enjoy the scares, etc, afterwards, even if they bothered me at the time.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard the phrase 'one of my favourite werewolf movies' before.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Black Sheep was hilarious. It gives you all of the tension you'd get from a serious movie, like say a zombie movie when the undead are trying to get in to a hideout? But it totally undermines it by having the attackers be sheep lol.

We tried to make our own version actually, and if I get hold of the guy who had the footage I'll try and post it, but my friends had me run through a field to the car screaming, but they didn't like the shot so I re-did my run 6 times. Now, I'm a pretty large fellow, and I have asthma, so by the time I got in the car and they kept filming, I was that cripplingly gassed I couldn't answer them when I was asked what happened lol. The best line of this scene is, as I bang on the window of the car, my best friend commenting "ah, a handsome red-headed stranger! come in sir!" lmfao.

Another highlight is my friend telling us of his Mum being raped and eaten by the sheep, and in the very edge of the shot you can see me and another guy in the back of the car in silent fits of hysteria, which caused him to laugh and say "if I dont laugh I'll cry, you have to laugh at Mum-based sheep-rape" which is a philosophy I hold true to now lol. So much hilarity that day, I have to get that footage!!

*ahem* so yeah Drag Me To Hell.... I really enjoyed it, it struck me as being a bit of an homage to older horrors, particularly with the effects.
    "Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!" - Lion-O, noble Lord of the Thundercats

I loved Black Sheep! That movie is hilarious. And nothing beats seeing a sheep drive a truck

And yes Drag Me To Hell is excellent. I highly recommend that one.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    My bad, but I thought both of Rob Zombie's Halloween films were horrible.
    I didn't even give the sequel the time of day. The best part of the first one was Zombie expanding on Michael Myer's character. This is also what ruined Michael Myers as a character. No more was Myers a creepy, patient stalker. Simply watching and studying and waiting. What made Carpenters Myer's so creepy was that he wasn't running through walls and didn't kill 20 people. There was tension. The thought of waiting for him to strike was enough. Where as zombies films have no tension and no terror and they are definitely not creepy.

In my opinion, they are just awful. Friday the 13th remake was waaayyyy better and I'm not even a Jason fan.

I just watched the Rob Zombie re-make and the original almost back-to-back. Maybe it was different when watching it back in 1978 but I actually liked the re-make better.

In the original they didn't explain anything at all. They don't even bring up the fact that Laurie is his sister until part 2.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Zombie ruined Michael Myers. Instead of being born a demon, an evil person who only wishes to kill and watch and prey...into a kid from a broken home. Wow, way to go rob zombie. Way to humanise a character who was never meant to be humanized.

Also, Laurie being his sister wasn't a part of the original Michael Myers, but a product of whoever made the sequel. And why does explaining = better. Explain Michael Myers is like explaining evil itself. The mystery and the unknown is what made him so creepy.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, I've been reluctant to see the remake since I love the original Halloween, but hate Rob Zombies films that I've seen. It's a double edged sword.

I'm gonna have to suck it up and see it though or the suspense will kill me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I recommend you just watch the original again.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Haha. I'll keep the original on hand after I see the remake so I can purge myself of the possible awfulness.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The remake is basically - 45 mins of Michael Myers childhood/institution then the original movie rehashed in about 1 hour where he kills 5 times as many people and runs through walls. If you still want to watch...don't say I didn't warn ya

But yes, keep original on hand for after lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast