Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I haven't seen [REC], so I can't compare and contrast both films.
    Sorry, your posts seemed to infer that you had. If you've seen Quarantine there isn't much point.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacReady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    I remember seeing a show about horror films and this one scene they had was disturbing and creepy and addicting at the same time. the scene was
    Spoiler:
    a girl having her head pushed into a piece of a large splinter in the eye and they did it really slow and you see the splinter go in her eye.
    was wondering if anyone has seen it and what the name of the movie is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jane Hudson View Post
    Me and Brice were actually just talking about this the other day. It's Lucio Fulci's Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    and it is brilliant.

I rewatched Opera last night.
    That doesn't even count the ultimate scene Fulci's Zombi (or Zombie)

Lucio Fulci's Zombi - awesomesauce scene

ETA: Another version of the awesomesause scene
    Yes! I love that shark scene
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post
    You've hardly seen any Dr Who, and you compare that to Lost all the time!
    Because everyone knows LOST is/was the best show on television.

But, how can LOST possibly be the greatest show when it doesn't have the Doctor? It's just not possible!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because Dr. Shephard>THE Doctor.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah. Shephard's clearly said as awesome dialogue as, "Must be a spatial-temporal hyperlink." "What's that?" "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to use the term 'magic door'." Or blew up his own planet just to save the universe. Or has died and come back from the dead over 10 times now.

Yeah, you have a really good argument there!

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Path, don't you know that DD and I take this debate into every thread we visit?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, Jigsaw, we don't debate.

You'd have to have actually watched the show properly to have a valid argument about it!

But we are getting off topic, I must admit. I'll have to check out [REC]2 and Quarantine. See which one is likely to suck more: the sequel or the remake?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Dr. Who isn't even a read doctor. Pshh.

If you end up having to pay for Quarantine, don't get it. It's not worth the money, IMO.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Regarding if he's a real doctor: you don't know that. Because I don't know that. Nearly 47 years, and he still hasn't revealed why he calls himself "the Doctor" yet. I hope they never do, to be honest. Once the mystery's gone, it'll have lost something vital, imo.

And regarding Quarantine, i'll just do what I always do when watching horror films: watch my mates dvds! He always gets all the good horror movies! And the bad ones. And even the ones in-between!

- Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got Lugosi's Dracula to watch on Halloween. Just need to rent The Thing and I'll have all bases covered.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If you end up having to pay for Quarantine, don't get it. It's not worth the money, IMO.
    I bought it so I'd beg to differ

I also saw it in an advanced screening in Toronto. Funny enough, also saw Cloverfield advanced too. Every 1st person movie I get to see advanced haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI
    Yeah. Shephard's clearly said as awesome dialogue as, "Must be a spatial-temporal hyperlink." "What's that?" "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to use the term 'magic door'." Or blew up his own planet just to save the universe. Or has died and come back from the dead over 10 times now.
    Yeah, but Doctor Who never had a fist fight with the smoke monster. Nor did he ever grow an awesome beard or make a great face like this

or these

http://www.odoe.net/jackfaces/index.html

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Eagan View Post
    Yeah, but Doctor Who never had a fist fight with the smoke monster. Nor did he ever grow an awesome beard or make a great face like this

or these

http://www.odoe.net/jackfaces/index.html
    You wanna bet?

Not to mention be at the centre of other great gif moments like these:
    http://photobucket.com/images/doctor...20gifs/?page=3

Let's face it: no one does awesome faces like the Doctor. No one. Apart from himself, perhaps. Depends on the incarnation, really.

- Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack Shepard doesn't need eleven different faces to make expressions. He just had one. I could be wrong but did Doctor Who ever try to use a Hydrogen Bomb to change the past? And if he did, he didn't do it rocking a badass jump suit.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, but he did save the whole of history whilst crossing his own timeline in a fez and carrying a mop. And Tennant's Doctor alone has more facial expressions than Jack, that's for sure.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Barry Eagan;560671]
    I bought it so I'd beg to differ

Beg away!

And I love those Jack faces. Some of them are just so ridiculous. Haha.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Technically not a horror film, but I'm about to watch Bram Stoker's Dracula in a few minutes.

Gary Oldman

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    Technically not a horror film, but I'm about to watch Bram Stoker's Dracula in a few minutes.

Gary Oldman
    gary oldman is amazing in that movie. as is sir anthony hopkins.

i on the other hand am watching nightmare on elm street (2010) having just finished nightmare 1,3,4, and 5.

(PS. Dream Warriors is my personal favorite)
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dreamwarriors is hilarious but my personal favourite is New Nightmare. Besides that and the original the rest are merely comedies to me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post

Gary Oldman
    Gary Oldman = legend. Especially when he plays villains (even if Dracula is far from being his most evil role, imo). I want to see the Book of Eli just because I hear he plays a nasty bastard in that, too!

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell yes he is. Gary Oldman is my all time favorite actor. I'd pay full price to see a film of his where all he does is change light bulbs because I know he'll deliver an Oscar worthy performance.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Two weeks ago my 13-year-old daughter decided to have some friends over and watch a bunch of scary movies. It mostly include stuff like the Scream Trilogy, IT, House of 1000 Corpses and Freddy vs. Jason.

For some reason she has since become infatuated with Jason Voorhees. So last weekend we decided to rent the Friday the 13th movies and watch them. I’ve seen parts of most of them but I’ve never sat down and watched many of them from start to finish.

We got the first 2 from the video rental place but they didn’t have parts 3 or 4. They did have 5 though. Go figure.

So we decided to just buy the movies instead as well as all the Halloween movies. I’ve already got a box set of the Nightmare on Elm St. movies so we’re just adding to the collection.

So between a few used DVD stores, Best Buy and Amazon we now have all the Friday the 13th and Halloween movies. All for around $5 per movie.

One of these days I need to catch up on all the old horror movies I’ve never seen all the way through. Stuff like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The Last House on the Left and the original Dawn of the Dead.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I miss the hell out of Puppetmaster.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather : if you haven't seen Ravenous (by Antonia Bird, an English director), I think I can recommend it, at least to an extent - it's not like you should drop everything and watch it, but if it comes your way, don't dismiss it as another piece of crap right away. It has some beautiful sequences, and, though worse than some Spanish ones, is still better than most American horrors I've seen. That lady who directed it sure understands something about movies.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast