Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That was a good film. Have you seen it before Woofer?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Hey All - Has anyone seen a horror film called "May" starring Jeremy Sisto?

Thoughts?
    May is awesome. Go rent it right now. Srsly. Why are you still reading posts?

In fact, I need to watch that again tonight. Long time.

ETA: I'd loan you my copy via mail, but no postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post

Thoughts?
    I have also seen this one - it's a quality film, nicely done.

Oh, cool. I knew you all would know about it. It's on Logo this month, so I'll probably catch it there!

Thanks for the reco !!
    I LOVED May. Lucky McKee is great.

I've never heard of that one, Woofer.

Tomorrow night I finally get to see Trick R' Treat.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

That was a good film. Have you seen it before Woofer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Thoughts?
    May is awesome. Go rent it right now. Srsly. Why are you still reading posts?

In fact, I need to watch that again tonight. Long time.

ETA: I'd loan you my copy via mail, but no postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post

Thoughts?
    I have also seen this one - it's a quality film, nicely done.

Oh, cool. I knew you all would know about it. It's on Logo this month, so I'll probably catch it there!

Thanks for the reco !!
    I LOVED May. Lucky McKee is great.

I've never heard of that one, Woofer.

Tomorrow night I finally get to see Trick R' Treat.
    I have! I love Uzumaki. Brice, if you can stand YouTube, here's the link to my Uzumaki playlist: Uzumaki.

Is this Trick 'R Treat a new one? Curious wolf is curious.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think it came out a year or two ago.

Enjoy Brice, I know you'll love it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched The Children after hearing everyone in this thread talking about it. I thought it was okay, nothing spectacular. Would've liked a bit more character exposition though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Really? I was tense as hell throughout. Tired, even, when it was over. Then again, I don't care for kids in the first place...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And I'm a big fan of The Children because it's British!

Seriously though, I found it refreshing to watch a film that was heavy on building up atmosphere instead of focusing too much on gore and torture. Having the film set at xmas was a nice, unsettling contrast, too. It's not exactly the best horror film I've ever seen, and it's quite predictable, but it was a very enjoyable one to watch.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really? I was tense as hell throughout. Tired, even, when it was over. Then again, I don't care for kids in the first place...
    Really? I actually found myself bored at times throughout. I know when I haven't enjoyed a movie when I'm not thinking about it afterwards.

By the way, I'm not a fan of kids either. I thought it was sort of comical when
    Spoiler:
    the kid was impaled on the glass.
    Am I a horrible person?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    And I'm a big fan of The Children because it's British!

Seriously though, I found it refreshing to watch a film that was heavy on building up atmosphere instead of focusing too much on gore and torture. Having the film set at xmas was a nice, unsettling contrast, too. It's not exactly the best horror film I've ever seen, and it's quite predictable, but it was a very enjoyable one to watch.
    I think you liked it for all the reasons I didn't!

For some reason, the British accents felt fake to me. It was really annoying to have to listen to them all go at once.

There's been a ton of movies set around Christmas time (most of which are horrible so that was a huge turn-off for me when reading the plot synopsis. I was actually okay with it when watching though, as it wasn't something like Santa's Slay, where it's just stupid.

For the record, I did like that it wasn't focused on gore so that when it came, you were shocked.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    For some reason, the British accents felt fake to me. It was really annoying to have to listen to them all go at once.
    Really? A bit odd considering everyone in the film really is British! I recognised a few of them off the telly. Nothing good, I'm afraid, just a couple of soaps, one medical and one aimed at teenagers. But definitely very, very odd the accents felt fake to ya!

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather is right. Trick R' Treat came out sometime in the last couple years. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Woofer, that link isn't taking me to your page.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

Try this one Fangboner Manor.

Country
    Country Flag

Really? A bit odd considering everyone in the film really is British! I recognised a few of them off the telly. Nothing good, I'm afraid, just a couple of soaps, one medical and one aimed at teenagers. But definitely very, very odd the accents felt fake to ya!
    Yeah, maybe it's because I usually only hear British accents from people playing British roles so it's what I've accepted as the standard?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Thanks Woofer. I think I'll go back and rewatch it soon

My Mood
    Worried

Glad to help. My good friend GoblinXXX also has a lot of awesome horror playlists at his channel, Midnight Movie Massacre, so swing by if you get a chance and let him know the Woofer sent you. He also has pages for MST3K episodes and classic TV. Plus, Serious Cat helps sort the movies, so you can't beat having Serious Cat on your side.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, maybe it's because I usually only hear British accents from people playing British roles so it's what I've accepted as the standard?
    Well, that's understandable. Unfortunatly, most Brits don't sound like Hugh Grant or Hugh Laurie, making it occasionally difficult to understand a word we say. The fact is, there's no such thing as the standard British accent: we're about a tenth the size of America, and yet we've got about as twice as many accents!

- Melike

Glad to help. My good friend GoblinXXX also has a lot of awesome horror playlists at his channel, Midnight Movie Massacre, so swing by if you get a chance and let him know the Woofer sent you. He also has pages for MST3K episodes and classic TV. Plus, Serious Cat helps sort the movies, so you can't beat having Serious Cat on your side.
    Humanoids from the Deep! I've been wanting to see that one. Thanks, I'll definitely be watching some of them.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Heather is right. Trick R' Treat came out sometime in the last couple years. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    I love that you guys are still talking about Trick 'r Treat. It does my heart proud
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

My Mood
    Worried

Any time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't ask me why, but the only movie I can remember that scared the hell out of me was "House On Haunted Hill"
    LOL

I think "Fourth Kind" was pretty messed up. However I didn't necessarily agree that it was "Alien" at all. I think Demonic
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay understand that I watch a LOT of horror films. Now understand that Trick R' Treat is definitely one of the smartest/funnest ones I've seen in a long time. And these people have a wonderful sense of comedic timing too. I just loved it. I could watch it 20 more times back to back.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Okay understand that I watch a LOT of horror films. Now understand that Trick R' Treat is definitely one of the smartest/funnest ones I've seen in a long time. And these people have a wonderful sense of comedic timing too. I just loved it. I could watch it 20 more times back to back.
    I had no idea that you liked it so much! I'm still going around and showing it to all of my friends who haven't seen it yet. I've seen it more times than I can count, and it's still as entertaining every time. And I agree; the comedic timing is fantastic. I love the one-liners they throw in there, too ("My, my, what big eyes you have." *shiver runs through SS's spine*).
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    I had no idea that you liked it so much! I'm still going around and showing it to all of my friends who haven't seen it yet. I've seen it more times than I can count, and it's still as entertaining every time. And I agree; the comedic timing is fantastic. I love the one-liners they throw in there, too ("My, my, what big eyes you have." *shiver runs through SS's spine*).
    Now I have to bump it to the top of the queue.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    You had no idea...because I hadn't finished watching it until about ten minutes before that^^^ post.

Charlie Brown is an ASSHOLE!

If you rescue me

I loved the premise of the movie. It kind of reminded me of those older horror films from like the 70's and 80's for some reason (and I mean that in a good way). And that creepy principal

Brice and SS, have you guys seen Drag Me to Hell?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes!

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast