Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OMG!! Stupid Teacher is STUPID!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default OMG!! Stupid Teacher is STUPID!!

This is one of the worst things I have seen from a teacher since I was in the 5th grade and had one a LOT like this. All I can say is "Holy shit does someone need to get fucking FIRED!!!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1EjZ0XegI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1EjZ0XegI[/ame]
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Instead of spewing out all the hateful obscenities I'm thinking right now, I'll just say that that is VERY unprofessional. Also, he should loose his job.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Stupid blocked websites from work!
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Instead of spewing out all the hateful obscenities I'm thinking right now, I'll just say that that is VERY unprofessional. Also, he should loose his job.
    ...and be denied the right to ever teach again, not even to mad dogs. What he did is putting a stigma on her, relating to her personality, not to the quality of her work. It is not only unprofessional - for a teacher, it's a crime. People here might know that I don't believe in pampering children, but here's something I believe very strongly: you can't say to a child what he is or isn't (loser, slacker, bad son, whatever), only what he has done. "You've done a really shitty job of this!" might mean "I believe you can do better", while "you're incapable of doing anything properly" is branding him, and deep. I think anyone can remember being branded something like that in their chilhood, and how for long the brand stayed - maybe forever.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ...and be denied the right to ever teach again, not even to mad dogs.
    Oh, absolutely! I should have made that clear in my first post. NEVER TEACH AGAIN YOU STUPID ASSCLOWN!

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

For my own peace of mind I have refrained from watching that video. The title already says more than enough.

What kind of teacher writes THAT, like they have a vendetta or something?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    For my own peace of mind I have refrained from watching that video. The title already says more than enough.
    I wish I had done the same. They show the kid, you know? The kid. A real live one, who doesn't fucking deserve it that any asshole with a diploma passes judgement on her personality.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Must be bad to evoke such a visceral response from the bear.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    It was bad. You know, if he had, God forbid, hit her, it would only have meant he had lost his temper, and it could have been explained to her; moreover, there would have been no two opinions among the schoolboard as to whether or not he should be fired. Now, though, he kinda didn't do anything "special"; he "frankly" said what he thought, he probably wanted to "encourage" the girl to do better in the future, - and sticks and stones, and all that shit. I mean, it is hardly indictable, - being, to bears' mind, something that can't be done to a kid under any circumstances (which I tried to expand on in my first post).

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You know what the really sad thing is? If such teachers had to go to jail the jails would be full of them.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I just can't believe anyone would talk to a child that way. Ya know?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, maybe I'm glad that I can't see this video.
    Sloth Love Chunk

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Many.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could believe the same way but experience taught me better. I had a teacher who did the same to me, calling me worthless quite a few times in front of the class. I was 10. Now I'm 35, 25 years later, and I sometimes feel like I'm going to be 10 forever. I still have trouble feeling like I am worth anything and whether I like it or not, I have to be reminded by others that I am worth being around. Without those reminders, I tend to retreat into myself and become an antisocial hermit.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

asshat!!! Draw and quarter him! How can anyone do that to a child?!?!? That's just soooo wrong!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

At the least he's an idiot who shouldn't be teaching.

When I was in HS I was a slacker. Scraped by, you know. Oz from BTVS. One day the school counselor told me I shouldn't bother applying to any colleges because i was too stupid to go. a week later I went and took the ACT test with most of my senior class. Scored highest in my school. Rubbed it in his face.

There are many stupid teachers out there, hopefully the backlash and public outcry in this instance will teach them all to stfu and teach. That's their job, not giving un asked for opinions.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

They should launch an investigation into whether she really is a loser.

Spoiler:
    Ok, yeah...I'm just fuckin' with y'all. Like Sam I had to deal with similar things and the issues that go along with them...not at school so much as at home though. Shit like this can fuck a kid up for life.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

...and be denied the right to ever teach again, not even to mad dogs. What he did is putting a stigma on her, relating to her personality, not to the quality of her work. It is not only unprofessional - for a teacher, it's a crime. People here might know that I don't believe in pampering children, but here's something I believe very strongly: you can't say to a child what he is or isn't (loser, slacker, bad son, whatever), only what he has done. "You've done a really shitty job of this!" might mean "I believe you can do better", while "you're incapable of doing anything properly" is branding him, and deep. I think anyone can remember being branded something like that in their chilhood, and how for long the brand stayed - maybe forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    It was bad. You know, if he had, God forbid, hit her, it would only have meant he had lost his temper, and it could have been explained to her; moreover, there would have been no two opinions among the schoolboard as to whether or not he should be fired. Now, though, he kinda didn't do anything "special"; he "frankly" said what he thought, he probably wanted to "encourage" the girl to do better in the future, - and sticks and stones, and all that shit. I mean, it is hardly indictable, - being, to bears' mind, something that can't be done to a kid under any circumstances (which I tried to expand on in my first post).
    Jean, I agree 100%. Even when I am disciplining the kittehs, I don't say "Bad kitteh!" I say "Gabbette, look at that. You have done a bad thing!" How hard is it to learn that tactic? Not very. Name calling is never appropriate for a teacher. Never. And I say this from both a student and teach standpoint, as I know Jean does. I expect Tamez and Toni would feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I wish I could believe the same way but experience taught me better. I had a teacher who did the same to me, calling me worthless quite a few times in front of the class. I was 10. Now I'm 35, 25 years later, and I sometimes feel like I'm going to be 10 forever. I still have trouble feeling like I am worth anything and whether I like it or not, I have to be reminded by others that I am worth being around. Without those reminders, I tend to retreat into myself and become an antisocial hermit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    They should launch an investigation into whether she really is a loser.

Spoiler:
    Ok, yeah...I'm just fuckin' with y'all. Like Sam I had to deal with similar things and the issues that go along with them...not at school so much as at home though. Shit like this can fuck a kid up for life.
    Yes, yes it can. Like you guys, I was always a bit of an outsider, different. I definitely remember those incidents in my childhood. I remember one teacher joking with another about me and laughing about what I'd done. I was in second grade, but I can still see her face (ETA: I'm 46).
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just featured this video on my youtube page with this comment:

Hi all. I will be updating my playlists this weekend as I begin, I hope, to return to a regular schedule here.

Angry Woofer is angry:
    I'd like to ask my subscribers and anyone who visits to watch the featured video and spread the word. This teacher needs to be fired. As a former teacher (and a former student, of course), I condemn his actions as far more damaging than helpful. He claims he is just "relating" to the students, but writing LOSER on a student's assignment is inexcusable.

Circulate this video. This teacher needs to be canned and banned from teaching.

Perhaps he should, instead, take a job as a personal trainer. Then people will pay him good money to call them losers while he encourages them to work out.
    I know it isn't much, but maybe the YT community will take interest. If enough internet protesting is evidenced, he might even get reprimanded, though I don't think he'll get what he deserves, e.g., he will probably not lose his job.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Ugh! I can add nothing but my agreement to what has been posted
    thusfar. When will we as a species learn how to be nurturing and loving when
    we are in power possitions? What the world needs more of are teachers more
    like.......YOU! I wish I could write to the student, and undo what
    was said somehow, this is really so crappy.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What a shitty excuse for a teacher. He definitely needs to be fired.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Jean, I don't believe in pampering children either---I saw this earlier and couldn't believe it. Not just once did he do this, but several times--and not just to this student! Abhorrent behavior from an adult who is supposed to be a role model. I could almost buy his "relating to the students" BS if these were older students but in SIXTH grade? We're talking ten/eleven year olds.

It's despicable, and if it were my child, I'd be in the administration office everyday until something was done. If I am not mistaken, there is a petition going around to revoke his tenure.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Country
    Country Flag

There needs to be a boot going around the homes of the children he teaches so each of the parents can pull it on and see just how far they can put it in his ass.

On a completely different, but very strangely associated note, today at a major local karate tournament where my students were competing, I see the very person who I mentioned earlier. I never spoke to or acknowledged the woman, more because I was afraid if I started, I wouldn't be able to stop. I concentrated on the tasks at hand and the kids I was responsible for. I know I did very well by paying her no mind, but that ten year old kid still wishes I was sitting in a jail cell right now for choking the life out of her. There are so many things wrong with that, and yet it's still there. Sometimes I feel like I'll be ten forever.

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was really glad to see Jean's thoughts on this subject.

When I was 11 through 13 years old the principal at my school did something very similar, and even tried to tell my parents there was something wrong with me and once called child services on us for no reason, and over-all picked on my younger brother and I. He never got fired, it's not like he's not entitled to his own opinion. However, how a person feels should not effect the treatment of the children under their care, there shouldn't be a set of rules for my brother and I, and another for everyone else.

If I ever saw that man again now I would probably spit on him. Did you know he used to compare me to his son? I almost said "hey, I'm not your son. First of all, I'm a girl, and second, if I found out I was related to you, I'd either kill myself or run away to the furthest possible place I could manage." one time when he compared me to his boy, but I was feeling particularly silent that day, so I kept it to myself.

The world is becoming a worse and worse place... But at least he didn't try to sleep with her.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Should never teach again... this makes me very

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast